Guide to DLR for WDW Veterans!

Thumbelina

Does Disneyland have any good que lines that might be missed by going through the lighten lanes? Like over in WDW if you go stand by at the Haunted Mansion you miss the graveyard.

@gentperry

We could use a locals insight...

We're making our third trip to Disneyland the week of Labor Day. We'll focus on the parks Tuesday (DL), Wednesday (DCA), and Thursday (DL), but curious about the crowds on Monday night. Will they calm down since people have to go back to work or school in the morning?

DCA closes at 9pm on Labor Day. There are two showings of World of Color that evening, 9:00 and 10:15. Is that unusual to have WOC showing over an hour after park closing? I assume the rides will be closed but shops will be open between 9:00 and 10:15?

Thank you for your insight.
The calendar was updated to confirm a single WOC showing on this night with the park closing at 9:00.

Movielover

Anyone know why Fantasmic is not scheduled for Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday the week of September 12th? I was hoping to finally see 2.0 during my trip.

Movielover

Magical Cost Savings
Ugh, that's just stupid since it's immediately following D23. You would think they would have all the nighttime shows going since there will be alot of people in the parks these days. Man that was at the top of my list to finally see 2.0 in person

PiratesMansion

Anyone know why Fantasmic is not scheduled for Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday the week of September 12th? I was hoping to finally see 2.0 during my trip.
It's standard during anything that could remotely be considered "off season" that Fantasmic (and fireworks) only run Friday to Sunday.

This has pretty much always been the case unfortunately.

vikescaper

Panic mode has set in for me! I made park reservations for my sister and I for our upcoming trip. The reservations are showing on my Disneyland account for both of us but not showing on my sister’s account. Do I need to worry and is there anything I need to do to get them to appear on my sister’s account? I feel like a total newbie considering I am used to making WDW park reservations for us.

vikescaper

Panic mode has set in for me! I made park reservations for my sister and I for our upcoming trip. The reservations are showing on my Disneyland account for both of us but not showing on my sister’s account. Do I need to worry and is there anything I need to do to get them to appear on my sister’s account? I feel like a total newbie considering I am used to making WDW park reservations for us.
Panic mode is resolved and I was able to get everything sorted out!

Movielover

So I managed to get a 7:30pm reservation for Storytellers in the GC for Monday the 12th. I plan on doing the World of Color Dining Package. I'm used to reserving dining packages at WDW ahead of time, but here its just something you request from the server. Has anyone here done the dining package? is there a chance they run out of them during the day?

truecoat

Are there any decent pizza places in the Disneyland area? I will have a rental car for the first part of my trip but will be dropping it off once I get to the Disneyland area.

Order the 28” pizza from Big Bertha’s. Bring it back to your hotel and share it with the 5 others with you before you end up throwing 2/3 of it away. Not because it was bad, far from it, but when you do the math, it’s the equivalent to six 12” pizzas and what the hell were you thinking ordering a pizza that you needed to use the sliding door on the van to transport it back.

CAlvares

Question for the Disneyland Pros!! Bonus if you have a kiddos!

Husband and I are bringing our almost 3 year old for a 7 day trip, from November 14th to the 21st with 4 park days. 2 at each park with Genie+ for all 4 days.

15th Tuesday - Disneyland
16th Wednesday - California Adventure
17th Thursday- Rest Day - Pool/Beach
18th Friday - Disneyland
19th Saturday - California Adventure

1) We want to have a “break day” on Thursday, so that we can rest, but according to the Crowd Calendars the Saturday is going to be an 8 crowd level, so super busy while the weekdays are at a 4/5 crowd levels.

Should we forgo the rest day to take advantage of the lighter crowds?

This is going to br her first ever trip, so we imagine the parks will be a little overwhelming/ over stimulating

We plan on rope dropping and taking mid day breaks at the hotel - which is a 15 minute drive - every park day.

Any input/suggestions are more than welcome :)Thanks for the help!!! :)
I asked on a separate post but didn’t get any answers, so I thought I’d try my luck on the thread.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

Husband and I are bringing our almost 3 year old for a 7 day trip, from November 14th to the 21st with 4 park days. 2 at each park with Genie+ for all 4 days.

18th Friday - Disneyland

1) We want to have a “break day” on Thursday, so that we can rest, but according to the Crowd Calendars the Saturday is going to be an 8 crowd level, so super busy while the weekdays are at a 4/5 crowd levels.

This is going to br her first ever trip, so we imagine the parks will be a little overwhelming/ over stimulating

We plan on rope dropping and taking mid day breaks at the hotel - which is a 15 minute drive - every park day.

I asked on a separate post but didn’t get any answers, so I thought I’d try my luck on the thread.
If your Saturday is DCA then I think you'll be fine. It's not a full day's park anyway and there's probably more a 3yo can't do there than can, so even if that day is busy you'll have done most things there on your Wednesday day.

Also, and this is just my opinion, I've personally never trusted the crowd calendars since the resort reopened back up after the Covid closure. Too much has changed with the reservation system, new annual pass system, and new Genie+ system for there to be long-term historical data. Plus, Disney decides how many reservations they are going to open up on any given day (and can change between now and your trip), so it's hard to say how accurate they are.

Two days in each park should be enough time to get a lot done either way. Best thing is to just relax, have fun, soak everything in and watch your daughter have a blast, and if you miss anything then hopefully you'll get to experience it on a future trip.

PiratesMansion

18th Friday - Disneyland

Crowd calendars are at best suspect at DLR and have been for as long as I've been going (almost 10 years now). Weirdly, weekends can sometimes be less busy, so do not assume that there will be hard and fast rules about crowding. Don't trust any resource that insists they can accurately predict roughly how busy the parks will be.

There's really not very much for an almost three year old to do at DCA, so I would recommend either just doing one day or else just getting hoppers and going back over if you feel you need to.

Keep in mind that if you're rope dropping it takes time to get to the parking lot from your hotel (with inevitable traffic), wait to pay to park, park, get on whatever transportation is provided or walk to the parks, wait for security, and then wait to get into the parks. If you're used to WDW, everything outside of the parks takes longer in California, and regrettably they have not yet invested in the very smooth new metal detectors Florida is using. So build in a fair amount of buffer time-more than you think you'll need-to get in, situated, and ready for the moment the parks open. You can get a LOT done in the early morning, but it's VERY easy to underestimate how long it will take to get into the parks to fully take advantage of those short waits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom