News Disney CEO Bob Chapek suggests price hikes are coming to the parks thanks to guest demand

EPCOT-O.G.

With all the crazy energy costs throughout Europe, how is this going to impact the (anticipated) UK travels (and, keeping this to the topic of the post, expected demand for the parks? I’m seeing some obscenely high energy costs being posted from many Europeans.

I also feel like this weekend’s crowds were much smaller than last year’s.

JoeCamel

With all the crazy energy costs throughout Europe, how is this going to impact the (anticipated) UK travels (and, keeping this to the topic of the post, expected demand for the parks? I’m seeing some obscenely high energy costs being posted from many Europeans.

I also feel like this weekend’s crowds were much smaller than last year’s.
Hopefully it is short and the war will resolve. Winter has killed many an offensive in Europe/Asia so maybe there is hope. Once it ends I hope Russia needs cash enough to run the pipelines giving time for other sources to be developed. In any case I don't see it as more of a blip than covid has been and it should be short lived pain.

JAN J

They are connected…so hopefully both.
I wouldn't say they are 100% connected. If anything there is a lag (guests will become dissatisfied, then it will impact the bottom line). How long that takes to happen may vary (as dissatisfied guests may even give them "another chance" before really being "done").

But which one the board cares about... Bottom line only. All the way.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Remember - Bob and Christine are satisfied with advanced bookings and "intent to visit" numbers. Everything is fine, consumer demand continues to be unprecedented for the product, and price hikes are coming soon, probably starting with food and beverage prices before Thanksgiving.

matt9112

Hopefully it is short and the war will resolve. Winter has killed many an offensive in Europe/Asia so maybe there is hope. Once it ends I hope Russia needs cash enough to run the pipelines giving time for other sources to be developed. In any case I don't see it as more of a blip than covid has been and it should be short lived pain.

Russia won’t be necessary anymore. The funny part is Europe doesn’t NEED Russia they just like Russian prices. Also makes them feel greener. Most European country’s are meeting there 80% storage goals early this year. The exception is the UK that has very little storage due to short sighted decisions. (Closed the largest facility in 2017) coal plants are firing up across the continent. Australian coal once bound for China is now bound for Europe. France is reactivating nuclear reactors en mass. Rationing policy’s are in place.
gas prices are already falling since speculative investors now see that Europe won’t be so desperate this winter.

Hopefully there is a revitalization of nuclear energy policy. It’s legitimately statistically stupid not to. You also have Ukraine offering a lot of its excess into Europe.

To your point the war will not resolve. It will only resolve when the west abandons Ukraine or Russia leaves. Ukraine has all the will power to grind this out. With western support they can afford it longer than russia can. Russia also doesn’t have the massive industrial and man power base it used to win the eastern front anymore. There is no middle ground for resolution.

It will be an expensive winter but securing your sovereignty shouldn’t have a price tag.

GimpYancIent

Remember - Bob and Christine are satisfied with advanced bookings and "intent to visit" numbers. Everything is fine, consumer demand continues to be unprecedented for the product, and price hikes are coming soon, probably starting with food and beverage prices before Thanksgiving.
"unprecedented" No! That is pure corporate junk speak. Is there demand? yes, definitely not "unprecedented".

matt9112

Wow…what a deal then…

Excuse me while I book four trips at port orleans 🤪

The two real trips I did at moderates I did the plan. Booked like 12 months out and every week I put some of my paycheck into it. Granted we’re talking about I think 3800 and 4800 respectively. Penny’s to most around here!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
How else can you answer one of the most pressing questions of our day:

"How magical is Port Orleans?"

More magical than Pop Century, less magical than the Grand Floridian. ;) Even though I ARE THE MAGIC, things are MOAR MAGICAL!!! when you pay more. "Disney, now more than ever".

(Did I cover all of their insipid marketing phrases currently being used? It's as if the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing...)

MickeyLuv'r

Wow…what a deal then…

Excuse me while I book four trips at port orleans 🤪
Heh?

Deposit amount has held steady for years, that's just a simple fact.

That has almost nothing to do with the cost of a trip to WDW being a good or bad deal.

WDTC offers 2 options if visitors only want to book a room:
1. They can book it as a "Room only" stay (1 night deposit, rest due at check-in, full refund if cancel up to 5 days prior.)
2. They could also book something called a Basic Package. The Basic Package is also just a hotel room, but under the Basic package, WDWTC package rules apply: $200 deposit, full balance due 45 days prior to arrival, and a $100/$200 penalty applies if canceled less than 45 days.

Some people prefer one over the other, but it depends on the 1-night deposit amount. These have been WDTC policies for many years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom