News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

Dayma

I hate seeing these videos yet I can't help but watch :(

I have seen some pretty crappy stuff in World Showcase also and we only go to Disney 2x a year. Sucks

ChrisM

This wasn't a drunk fight - one group thought another group was line-cutting. One group waited to confront other group after ride and then so it goes....

I wouldn't place blame on one over the other - it takes 2 to fight. Even if someone is screaming in your face, you always have the choice to walk away.
They were all wrong.

And what the heck, I get and agree CMs shouldn't have to step in, but seriously, no security? This went on for a long time (for a fight).

Which group was being accused of line cutting? And any idea if it was confusion over LL queues or just the typical barging through line ("just catching up with my party!") type of behavior?

Bocabear

As we continue to glorify violent entertainment, we are becoming an ever increasingly violent society...That is the real root. No stopping it completely but the punishments for acting up in public should be more severe... This behavior should not be tolerated in polite society at all. Ban them, make them spend their vacations at The Fun Spot, Old Town, and Daytona Beach...lol

Ayla

Which group was being accused of line cutting? And any idea if it was confusion over LL queues or just the typical barging through line ("just catching up with my party!") type of behavior?
The red shorts/white shirts brigade were the in this scenario. Someone left the line to retrieve something, the red shorts brigade refused to let her back in line and then waited at the exit to start a fight.

Furiated

The story on the site that shall not be named is: Non matching shirts group got in line but one member forgot their phone in a stroller and exited the line to get it. When rejoining the line, matching shirts group wouldn't let the person pass. After the attraction, matching shirts group was waiting for the other group to confront them.

Ayla

Security isn’t going to get in the middle of that either, they’d have to call Orange County. All any cast member can do is try to keep other guests away from the chaos. It’s then up to a security leader or park duty manager to decide if they want to walk the guests out, once they’ve calmed down or OC has intervened.

Agreed though, they’re both to blame, should have just walked away.
If that is truly the case, then Disney security is worthless.

Jrb1979

As we continue to glorify violent entertainment, we are becoming an ever increasingly violent society...That is the real root. No stopping it completely but the punishments for acting up in public should be more severe... This behavior should not be tolerated in polite society at all. Ban them, make them spend their vacations at The Fun Spot, Old Town, and Daytona Beach...lol
I happen to like Fun Spot. It's not a punishment at all.

ChrisM

The story on the site that shall not be named is: Non matching shirts group got in line but one member forgot their phone in a stroller and exited the line to get it. When rejoining the line, matching shirts group wouldn't let the person pass. After the attraction, matching shirts group was waiting for the other group to confront them.

Thanks all for the details. I know this makes me a terrible person, but I like to have a rooting interest when watching the carnage unfold.

castlecake2.0

If that is truly the case, then Disney security is worthless.
I wouldn’t say that, it’s just not part of their role to get into a middle of brawl. Last thing Disney wants is video of one of their security hosts tackling a guest, that is why Disney contracts Orange County to handle escalating situations.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
When I worked at Disney I saw pretty gnarly stuff but no real fights (granted this was then MGM and not a lot of alcohol involved at the time) just some bizarre drunken behavior. I was once flashed and kissed by an extremely drunk woman after asking her to put on a t shirt (she just had a very small bikini top)
I was once offered $1000 and some “fun” at the Yacht Club for my flag tee costume 😂

Lilofan

Fights at theme parks will not compare to the drunken heyday of adults only Pleasure Island 20-30 years ago. Even when PI had gang activity there was a noticeable law enforcement but fights in the clubs and outside still went on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom