News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Disstevefan1

That is definitely duct work. I think it is most likely simple ventilation that will push and pull ambient outside air. Uninsulated air conditioning in that space would be a mess re: condensation.

As for the lights, the wiring suggests they are just normal lights with no auxiliary control for color changes (unless it's some wireless system). And they have been heavily painted over (see the light all the way to the right). No idea what's going on here, it's a little strange.

Source: Blog Mickey

View attachment 653136
Just a guess, the way they are pointed up, they could be there to pull hot air out of the tunnel providing some air circulation in case the train got stuck in the tunnel.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
That is definitely duct work. I think it is most likely simple ventilation that will push and pull ambient outside air. Uninsulated air conditioning in that space would be a mess re: condensation.

As for the lights, the wiring suggests they are just normal lights with no auxiliary control for color changes (unless it's some wireless system). And they have been heavily painted over (see the light all the way to the right). No idea what's going on here, it's a little strange.

Source: Blog Mickey

View attachment 653136

Looks like the Soarin' queue

Wow they really speed it up!

It takes usually a week to have a foundation poured, be able to dry and then receive the wall wooden frame on top of it..

Then it takes another week to have the wall wooden frame done, the concrete to be poured, and the wall itself to dry..

If they continue at this speed, they should be able to finish the entire plaza by the end of the month.

I don’t think they will be able to finish the wall along the railroad and the wall in-between which needs the railroad wall to be finished to end on it (if it makes sense…)

Based on this, we can expect August to be focus on:

- Railroad tracks
- Plaza slab

If they work quick enough, we can even think that they will start cosmetic works and vegetations…

After that, they only have to (perhaps) add tiles to the plaza and the elevated path (as per Shanghai), the railing and the entrance canopy.

Again.. no movement at the Tommorowland Lights & Power but I imagine they just need to finish the corner on the entrance side. They will open up the back and just refresh/paint the whole and… TADA!

Though it’s very tight to imagine opening in October… November could be, but they never opened anything in November before….

December the 5th (Walt birthday..) is usually their spot..

It would be a shame as I am going just before thanksgiving… so if any cast members are in this forum to give me access to a preview against dinner… give me a shout! Haha

Last edited:

GoofTroop80

Could they be giant exhaust tubes to immediately clear the tunnel of fumes and steam? that would be a brilliant solution...and would remove the soot before it had a chance to settle on the canopy and white framework.
I think if that were the case, the duct would be centered in the top of the tunnel to catch the exhaust as it's being sent up from the chimney. I don't see Disney pulling soot and fumes below the area they're being exhausted from in such a tight space

Edit: after looking at the picture again, I suppose that's what it could be for. When I replied to your comment, after briefly looking at the photo, I didn't realize how high up the duct branches were going

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Beginning August 1, the Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. shop (located at the exit of Space Mountain) will be temporarily closed to all visitors as the area is refurbished. When it reopens, the location will feature a refreshed interior look and will serve as an exit point for Space Mountain and the all-new TRON Lightcycle/Run.

While this work is underway, Guests looking for stellar souvenirs should head to the following locations:
Star Traders: Tomorrowland and Space Mountain merchandise
Big Top Souvenirs: Star Wars, MARVEL and D-Tech On Demand merchandise

Space Mountain will remain open for the duration of this work. However, Guests exiting the attraction will follow a modified exit route bypassing Tomorrowland Light & Power Co."

UNCgolf

"Beginning August 1, the Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. shop (located at the exit of Space Mountain) will be temporarily closed to all visitors as the area is refurbished. When it reopens, the location will feature a refreshed interior look and will serve as an exit point for Space Mountain and the all-new TRON Lightcycle/Run.

While this work is underway, Guests looking for stellar souvenirs should head to the following locations:
Star Traders: Tomorrowland and Space Mountain merchandise
Big Top Souvenirs: Star Wars, MARVEL and D-Tech On Demand merchandise

Space Mountain will remain open for the duration of this work. However, Guests exiting the attraction will follow a modified exit route bypassing Tomorrowland Light & Power Co."

LOL -- nothing screams early 20th century circus more than Marvel and Star Wars merchandise!

UNCgolf

At this point it's no more worse than the bland selection of shopping in the rest of the park.

Main Street at this point has almost nothing to do with the early 20th century beyond the original building exteriors.

Oh yeah, I've complained for a long time about how they've completely ruined merchandise and shopping overall throughout the parks. The items are mostly homogenous (you could just go to World of Disney and find almost anything you might want because it's mainly the same stuff everywhere) and they've stripped away much of the theming too.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom