Speedway has got to go

JIMINYCR

No you are not alone. This feeling has been brought up and expressed many many many times on here. When a discussion starts about adding a new attraction to MK, the Speedway is always referred to as a wasted space that could be better utilized. Other reasons of why it should disappear is the negative environmental impact, the fumes, the antiquated vehicles, and so forth and so on.

Club Cooloholic

No you are not alone. This feeling has been brought up and expressed many many many times on here. When a discussion starts about adding a new attraction to MK, the Speedway is always referred to as a wasted space that could be better utilized. Other reasons of why it should disappear is the negative environmental impact, the fumes, the antiquated vehicles, and so forth and so on.
I feel it could be saved with some more themeing and updated vehicles. Make them electric, and theme the course more.

J4546

yep, replace it with an electric version at the very least, better yet replace the ride with a newer style racing attraction that lets your cars spin around and drift ala Duel GP ride at Suzuka

Smiley/OCD

Now that the deal fell through, Elon Musk gets together with a group of investors and buys Disney…speedway sponsored by Tesla with electric cars, Astro Orbiter and M:S sponsored by Space-X…am I dreaming? Yup, but imagine the possibilities…

Disstevefan1

Is it just me or is the speedway the most tackiest part of magic kingdom......it's not fun to ride, it's just such a waste of space, and it doesn't fit in with the land theming.....I really feel it needs to go. Is there any rumors about it going?
I hear you, but the speedway is a parents and children eater we desperately need in the MK for the foreseeable future.
We are still waiting for the WDW RR, TRON, we are going to lose Splash for a couple of years at least, combine that with the totally broken Genie system, we need as many attractions open as possible.

Plus, new attractions cost MONEY and Bobby hates to spend money…

ppete1975

Is it just me or is the speedway the most tackiest part of magic kingdom......it's not fun to ride, it's just such a waste of space, and it doesn't fit in with the land theming.....I really feel it needs to go. Is there any rumors about it going?
That seems like a personal feeling because you dont like riding it. How about all the little kids that love this ride and ride it again and again and again. This is made for kids to be their first driving experience. It still looks cool so not sure about being tacky. Should they switch to the electric vehicles already on property? Yes. But remove something that little kids love and can ride... no.

nickys

Premium Member
does anyon else think it it would be cool to replace speedway with a new track using this system?

What I see in that video is grown men trying to control the cars.

Speedway is a classic kids attraction. Something they aspire to being able to ride all by themselves. And for non thrill seekers it’s a perfect attraction. Sure it could do with an overlay and electric cars, but keep the rev-ing of engines and the simple concept of “driving” the car.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom