News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returns for 2022

Animaniac93-98

Legit surprised by this. I would have expected Halloween to sell out quickly and then the cheaper parties to go quickly after that. A month and a half to sell out Halloween (and it’s the first to sell out) cannot make TDO happy.

Or they raised capacity/the number of tickets sold per night.

G00fyDad

I am hoping the higher pricetag keeps attendance low but I doubt that will happen given that Boo Bash sold like it did with far less offerings. Oh well, one can dream.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm surprised they haven't said anything about pay extra options like dessert and/or fireworks viewing.
...or the Extra Special Villains Party up-charge...

Which in this case would be a round-table discussion by Bob and Josh on how they're going to maximize per-guest spending in the coming year.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Seems like with the impact of current economic conditions and possibly people being turned off by the crowds and cost of these events, Disney may have hit its upper limit with what they can squeeze out of guests.

I guess they can always bring back the Halloween party pass they had a couple of years ago.

Animaniac93-98

...or the Extra Special Villains Party up-charge...

Which in this case would be a round-table discussion by Bob and Josh on how they're going to maximize per-guest spending in the coming year.

Sounds more appropriate for Halloween Horror Nights.

Seems like with the impact of current economic conditions and possibly people being turned off by the crowds and cost of these events, Disney may have hit its upper limit with what they can squeeze out of guests.

I guess they can always bring back the Halloween party pass they had a couple of years ago.

Speaking of HHN, given that Frequent Fear has been a thing for many years, it's odd that Disney only tried the party pass once.

Hawg G

I am hoping the higher pricetag keeps attendance low but I doubt that will happen given that Boo Bash sold like it did with far less offerings. Oh well, one can dream.
Boo Bash had much smaller crowds, free snacks and drinks, and really wasn't much more than MNNSHP is this year.

Disney has lowered the crowd by pricing folks out. Who knows if that was intentional.

Animaniac93-98

Universal's been pretty quiet about their Halloween event (which starts in 6 weeks) having only announced 3 houses so far and nothing else.

But MNSSHP has its first night in just 3 weeks and it's odd to me that they haven't been promoting it more on at least the parks blog. No mentions of food, merch, extra pay options. Nothing.

[now watch them post something tomorrow, lol]

Gillyanne

According to the Halloween ticket availability calendar, August 16th has sold out.

Current sold out dates -

Aug. 16
Oct. 31

EWWWW the 16th is the day I'm going. Hopefully they do have a low S/O number. I wonder if it sold out from people still wanting to go to (one of) the first one(s), but not the legit first one w/ all the vloggers..

G00fyDad

Same. I’ll be sad if it’s wall to wall people
Sticker Brace Yourself GIF by Kochstrasse™

G00fyDad

I would give anything (well, I'd give a lot) to know the exact number sold each day of the party as they are sold. Sort of a running count for each party day.

JohnD

Magic Kingdom to open early on Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party days in August​

I'm following the strategy of being a day guest at MK when MNSSHP is that night on the theory that there are fewer crowds in MK when a party is that night. So I plan to take advantage of this.

JohnD

Aug 16 seems like a random day to be the 2nd night to sell out, is there some event or convention elsewhere in town bringing in crowds?

Probably part of the "revenge travel" trend. No party for two years because of the pandemic. Now it's back. Also, maybe families squeezing it in before kids have to return to school.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom