Imagineering Community Plaza - An Information Thread

tcool123

Original Poster
We come to this place for imagination. We come to the Imagineering forum to laugh, to cry, to care. Because we need that, all of us. The indescribable feeling we get when our projects come to fruition and we create something we've never seen before. Our imagination are the best parts of us, and our projects feel real and beautiful.

Because here...they are

1710210861747.png

Welcome one and all to the Imagineering Community Plaza the hub for all things imagineery! Below you will find a directory to every competition that has occurred this year, as well as an index to go and discover previous years of Imagineering joy. In addition feel free to use this space as a way to announce new competitions and events, updates on personal projects, share any cool Imagineering stories you happen to cross, and more!

Helpful Links

The Imagineering Common Area
Looking for a place on the forum to strike up a conversation, share theme park news, geek out over the latest films, etc.? Well join us in the Imagineering Common Area! Here all are welcome to join the conversation and discuss whatever is on their mind. This is a great way to get to know other armchair imagineers, and a nice place to relax on the forum when events aren't occurring.

The Imagineer's Workshop
Having trouble on figuring how to create a map, artwork, or even need advice on how to get over to the Imagineer's Workshop! This helpful thread has been aiding imagineers since 2014 with various tips and tricks to help perfect your armchair Imagineering visions. Feel free to share any tips and tricks you have picked up along the way, and help the community grow!

The WDWMagic Font Library
Want to use more than the basic eight fonts that the WDWMagic post editor allows you? Well head on over to the WDWMagic Font Library for a glimpse on all the hidden fonts on offer to users, and how to utilize them in your own projects for that finishing touch. Do note that these fonts are limited to what the user has downloaded to their device, and as such the base eight fonts do guarantee equal design for all.

Past Directories
Discover the Imagineering forum's past through a collection of directories linking you to Imagineering competitions that date back all the way to 2013! This collection of directories makes it a breeze to see what armchair imagineers were creating in the past, can could even be a place of inspiration for the future!

Ongoing Events

Citrus Dreamin' by @Pi on my Cake

Take a stroll down orange groves in an Imagineering game that harkens back to simpler times and working together as a team. With a focus on fun and teamwork, all are welcome to join in the fun and spend time with one another.
[Hype Thread]

Upcoming Events

What If? Disney Parks Editions Vol. 2 by @Tegan pilots a chicken

It's about to get even weirder, Autumn 2024.

There are currently no other upcoming forum events. Please enjoy the various threads that our members have created throughout the forum. Do you have an idea? Feel free to create a new thread and spread your ideas out to the forums!

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
1654408619080.png

That's right folks! Grab your sunscreen and slice some watermelon it's almost time for the next installment in a forum favorite, it's the One Sentence Competition: Summer Fun! This sunshine filled season will be starting up on 6/21 AKA the first day of Summer! Just like many of the past seasons our vacationers will only be able to use one to two sentences keeping the work to a low, and the summer fun to a high. Vacationers don't worry those cameras rolls often get full from visiting all of these far flung travel hot spots, and as such with every prompt all vacationers will be allowed to share one photo.

During our summer fun expect plenty of new prompts that are just pure fun...in the sun! This season will feature all new prompts inspired by various summer activities such as, but not limited to: beach days, pool going, travelling, picnicking, celebrations, vacations, cook outs and more! Expect a short constructive review for each project, and plenty of points to be thrown around. . Everyone who participates will get 1 point. Then, the top three will receive bronze (1 point), silver (also 1 point), and gold (2 points) medals. Plus, each round will have an "Honorable Mention" for an idea that excels in one area that deserves a special shout out, but wasn't in the top 3 overall for whatever reason. Whoever has the most points at the end of the game wins bragging rights and plenty of summer rays ☀️

Regardless of who wins or loses the goal is just to have some plain old simple summer fun! Get ready to make a splash on 6/21 when the One Sentence Competition: Summer Fun officially begins!

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Want to use more than the basic eight fonts that the WDWMagic post editor allows you? Well head on over to the WDWMagic Font Library for a glimpse on all the hidden fonts on offer to users, and how to utilize them in your own projects for that finishing touch.
Do keep in mind if you do this that the viewer must have the font installed on their computer for it to work, and that not all platforms have the same fonts. For instance, some fonts will display on Windows but not Android or iOS, or vice versa. Additionally, Safari in particular limits loading system fonts to prevent trackers from profiling a user. The fonts available in the forum editor already are guaranteed to be loaded by the forum so that they’ll display on any platform.

spacemt354

Chili's
We come to this place for imagination. We come to the Imagineering forum to laugh, to cry, to care. Because we need that, all of us. The indescribable feeling we get when our projects come to fruition and we create something we've never seen before. Our imagination are the best parts of us, and our projects feel real and beautiful.

Because here...they are

View attachment 643625
Welcome one and all to the Imagineering Community Plaza the hub for all things imagineery! Below you will find a directory to every competition that has occurred this year, as well as an index to go and discover previous years of Imagineering joy. In addition feel free to use this space as a way to announce new competitions and events, updates on personal projects, share any cool Imagineering stories you happen to cross, and more!

If you had posted any announcements of future Imagineering endeavors that have yet to occur in the 20th Anniversary thread feel free to post them here as well :)

Helpful Links

The Imagineer's Workshop
Having trouble on figuring how to create a map, artwork, or even need advice on how to get over to the Imagineer's Workshop! This helpful thread has been aiding imagineers since 2014 with various tips and tricks to help perfect your armchair Imagineering visions. Feel free to share any tips and tricks you have picked up along the way, and help the community grow!

Want to use more than the basic eight fonts that the WDWMagic post editor allows you? Well head on over to the WDWMagic Font Library for a glimpse on all the hidden fonts on offer to users, and how to utilize them in your own projects for that finishing touch.

The Platinum Anniversary
Discover the forum's 20th anniversary, and what competitions and events took place throughout the celebration. In this thread a directory is provided allowing for visitation of past threads a breeze.

Past Directories
Discover the Imagineering forum's past through a collection of directories linking you to Imagineering competitions that date back all the way to 2013! This collection of directories makes it a breeze to see what armchair imagineers were creating in the past, can could even be a place of inspiration for the future!

Ongoing Events

The Great Movie Ride II - Join Now!
Returning to the forum to celebrate its fifth anniversary is the Great Movie Ride! Prompts will be inspired by various iconic films and will take players around the world to face on interesting challenges filmed on location. This season of the beloved competition looks to explore Disney, Universal, and new parks never before seen in this competition. If you're interested in joining this team based competition, or just want to try out some armchair Imagineering then feel free to reach out to @Disney Dad 3000 and @D Hulk for more information.
[CLICK HERE FOR THE MAIN COMPETITION THREAD]

Upcoming Events

June 21st - One Sentence Competition: Summer Fun
One Sentence Competition: Summer Fun is the continuation of a long running and forum favorite competition. Participants will only be allowed to use a couple sentences and an image in order to perfectly capture each round's prompt.
[Click Here For More Information]
Ahh - this is wonderful!

tcool123

Original Poster

Updates

The 2022 Directory is currently complete, as far as I am aware of all competitions and events that have started/been announced for 2022. If I'm missing something please let me know so I can update the directory and/or the ongoing/upcoming events section. This updated directory includes @Magicart87 's Constrained Imagineer Challenge which occurred in early January, and as such earned its place in the directory!

Next up, thanks to the information given by @MickeyWaffleCo. the 'Useful Links' section has been updated to reflect the information that he gave on the use of fonts on various devices and cross platform visibility.

Finally, as some of you may have noticed when you entered the forum today...the Imagineering Community Plaza has been pinned to the top of the forum! Thanks to our forum moderators ( @wdwmagic and @The Mom ) for their quick help on the issue, and for maintaining this website's community :D

Until the next update, keep it imagineery everyone!

tcool123

Original Poster

Updates

Disney Jeopardy has been added to both the list of Upcoming Events and the 2022 Directory. Please join @D Hulk as he brings back a beloved pass time on this forum: Disney Jeopardy! Players from all over the forum gather together to show off who knows the most about Disney and other related theme park fun facts and trivia!

For a glimpse at the currently announced categories here is an image:

UywayY9.jpg

Jeopardy kicks off on Saturday at 12 PM (noon) EST or 9 AM PST. Hope to see you all competing!

ThemeParkPriest

what do you all think Disneys gonna announce at d23??? I feel like it’s Cheapeks last hope
Well they just gave him a 3-year extension. The stocks are down a lot and the same with popularity of the company.

Here is what I’m guessing for D-23:
Replacement for Primevil Whirl (some sort of high-end family-style coaster)
Escape rooms
Mary Poppins at Epcot reinstated
More details for the Play Pavilion and Moana
Some sort of family ride for the Holllywood Studios
Replacement for the NBA Experience
Extension of the Skyliner
Next phase of Avengers campus
More details on Zootopia in Shanghai (as well as the other new lands at other parks)
Plus more!

tcool123

Original Poster
what do you all think Disneys gonna announce at d23??? I feel like it’s Cheapeks last hope
While this discussion thread I wouldn't have my hopes too high. We're likely getting more information and updates on projects currently happening, and perhaps some entertainment for the company's 100th. As for Chapek's standing in the company the Board of Directors recently renewed his role as CEO.

To get more in depth in it we can all head over to: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...iscussion-thread.977318/page-20#post-10306672

This thread is made more for any announcements of games, activities, brainstorms, etc. on the forums alongside any special projects your working on and wish to showoff.

tcool123

Original Poster

Updates

The 2022 Directory has been updated to include One Sentence Competition: Summer Fun and The Great Movie Ride II - The Reshoots. In addition these updates are reflected in the Ongoing Events section.

The Great Movie Ride II - The Reshoots continues the fun of The Great Movie Ride with new and exciting prompts in a one team setting ensuring that whatever the production company throws at you can be handled with ease! Sign ups are currently open for this chapter of The Great Movie Ride [Click Here to Sign Up]. @D Hulk and @Disney Dad 3000 promise to keep the same exciting and globe trotting adventures that the competition has grown to know, but shifting gears from a competition perspective to a new community driven activity. This leg of the Great Movie is open to all to join, but as this is a team effort do keep in mind that others will depend on you. With all that said The Great Movie Ride II - The Reshoots looks like it's shaping up to be an immensely fun community event.

Until the next update, keep it imagineery everyone!

Chaos Cat

Fortunately I said the day, but not the year.

Ran into a bit of a delay but my hope is to have it up by Halloween (this Halloween).
Okay, it is Halloween, the special's still not posted, but Haunted Mansion Holiday starts in September, so a Halloween Special in Christmas is a fair. ;)

(Seriously, though, take as much time as you need. I just couldn't resist the joke.)

spacemt354

Chili's
Okay, it is Halloween, the special's still not posted, but Haunted Mansion Holiday starts in September, so a Halloween Special in Christmas is a fair. ;)

(Seriously, though, take as much time as you need. I just couldn't resist the joke.)
I never got the time to start it - it's my fault for announcing since at the time I thought my schedule would be free (er) but it would do everyone a disservice to put out something rushed for the sake of it.

Also while I won't say too much, rather than going in the direction of an SA Season 8 or anything like that afterwards, there's some fun ideas being tossed around for another project hopefully to reignite the spark in this place next year.

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Also while I won't say too much, rather than going in the direction of an SA Season 8 or anything like that afterwards, there's some fun ideas being tossed around for another project hopefully to reignite the spark in this place next year.
Wasn’t there a S8 announced already or am I misremembering something? Is that being scrapped in favor of something else?

(Also yes I’m alive hello)

spacemt354

Chili's
Wasn’t there a S8 announced already or am I misremembering something? Is that being scrapped in favor of something else?

(Also yes I’m alive hello)
Hello! I am glad you are alive. Yeah so as much as I would love to continue the story at the moment I don't have enough time to continue the story (Halloween special and a Season 8) at the level of Season 7 which is what folks deserve. There's an outline and a direction that hopefully will be completed at a later date, but I would rather preserve that fond memory of Season 7 than rush something.

But yes, I won't say more than it is being scrapped in favor of something else that I'm very excited to participate in and I know you will enjoy it as well if you can partake!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom