Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I was just thinking about this too. Sadly, they probably won't retheme Critter Country and we will have the remnents and reminders of what once was surrounding a shoehorned overlay. I'm not counting on the overall land theming to be consistent.

If you read the article I posted above, her theater background is in lighting and projection. She was also the lead for M&MRR which is a projection-based attraction. I expect a lot of projections.
Wasn't it already confirmed (or at least rumored) that CC (at least on the Splash side) would be annexed as part of NOS? I'm pretty sure it'll be rethemed as well.

Nland316

“Tiana’s Bayou SPLASH” would have been a far better name.

Logo sucks too.

At the end of the day, this is a thrill ride. I hate how they’re downplaying it from everything I’ve seen so far. You will see a lot of angry parents when they unknowingly ride it with their small children if they keep this up.

DavidDL

Maybe Tiana's Bayou Bash? If memory serves, Tiana and co. are supposed to be planning a once-in-a-lifetime Mardi Gras celebration, yes?

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Logo sucks too.

At the end of the day, this is a thrill ride. I hate how they’re downplaying it from everything I’ve seen so far. You will see a lot of angry parents when they unknowingly ride it with their small children if they keep this up.
I never understood this argument, I mean sure the drop is a "thrill" but I wouldn't call it a "thrill ride" in the traditional sense of the term.

Also its not like they are going to cover up the drop from being seen externally, so parents aren't going to be surprised there is a drop that is thrilling.

Vegas Disney Fan

One one hand I think they do have the ability to pull this off....on the other hand I'm still mad we're losing Splash Mountain.

They have the ability but I doubt they have the will or financing to do it right.

My expectations are Frozen level, it’ll be a fun ride that will leave us all wondering “what if” because we’ll wish it was better.

I was just thinking about this too. Sadly, they probably won't retheme Critter Country and we will have the remnents and reminders of what once was surrounding a shoehorned overlay. I'm not counting on the overall land theming to be consistent.

If you read the article I posted above, her theater background is in lighting and projection. She was also the lead for M&MRR which is a projection-based attraction. I expect a lot of projections.

I doubt they’ll touch anything outside the rides footprint, it would be relatively simple to retheme Critter country at DL to make a cohesive theme but I doubt they’ll spend the money to do it. As for WDW… there’s just no way to shoehorn this idea into that area so they’ll probably just leave it a mishmash of themes on both coasts to be consistent.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Exactly; this ride basically has the same nomenclature as Ariel's Undersea Adventure anyway, which I shorten to Ariel.
Is that the actual name? For real, I didn’t know this. I genuinely thought it was “The Little Mermaid.” I’ve been calling it “Mermaid” this entire time and that’s not even remotely close to the actual name, apparently.

Oops.

GoneForGood

Is that the actual name? For real, I didn’t know this. I genuinely thought it was “The Little Mermaid.” I’ve been calling it “Mermaid” this entire time and that’s not even remotely close to the actual name, apparently.

Oops.
It gets worse when you find out the name for it at MK is "Under The Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid" On top of that, the old show at HWS was "Voyage of the Little Mermaid" Always trips me up.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I never understood this argument, I mean sure the drop is a "thrill" but I wouldn't call it a "thrill ride" in the traditional sense of the term.

Also its not like they are going to cover up the drop from being seen externally, so parents aren't going to be surprised there is a drop that is thrilling.

I'd argue it's possibly the most thrilling attraction in the park. I know adults who will ride BTMR and Space but not Splash, out of fear for that drop.

It'll be interesting to see what the ride's sensibility and target demographic actually turn out to be. PATF is a film very much aimed toward children, but much of the promotional material for TBA (the acronym we'll now be using for Tiana's Bayou Adventure, lol) has emphasized celebrating New Orleans and black culture and Mardi Gras, indicating this may be more of an everyone/family attraction and less princess and children-oriented than I initially assumed.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

Logo sucks too.

That will be the fault of the parents. Not Disney. They will have a brief explanation of what the ride experience will be like, just like they have for the other rides. They’re not downplaying it. Lots of people know this will have a big drop. They don’t need to focus on that.

Nland316

Sure, but people are always going to be people for better and for worse. You’re dealing with all kinds of guests so given that this is based on a Princess IP, I don’t understand why these bases are not being covered in simple things like the name, attraction description, etc. Disney just needs to cover all their bases which I don’t think they have been doing appropriately treating this as an ordinary Fantasyland dark ride.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'd argue it's possibly the most thrilling attraction in the park. I know adults who will ride BTMR and Space but not Splash, out of fear for that drop.
Eh, I guess it depends on your tolerance level for "thrill". The drop is thrilling, but the rest of the attraction isn't. Its a 10 second thrill, and 9 mins and 50 seconds of a subdued experience. My opinion of course.

It'll be interesting to see what the ride's sensibility and target demographic actually turn out to be. PATF is a film very much aimed toward children, but much of the promotional material for TBA (the acronym we'll now be using for Tiana's Bayou Adventure, lol) has emphasized celebrating New Orleans and black culture and Mardi Gras, indicating this may be more of an everyone/family attraction and less princess and children-oriented than I initially assumed.
I think people were doing mental gymnastics trying to make the PatF movie plot fit here. I never expected PatF, I expected what Disney told us back in 2020, a post-PatF plot about a Mardi Gras celebration.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Sure, but people are always going to be people for better and for worse. You’re dealing with all kinds of guests so given that this is based on a Princess IP, I don’t understand why these bases are not being covered in simple things like the name, attraction description, etc. Disney just needs to cover all their bases which I don’t think they have been doing appropriately treating this as an ordinary Fantasyland dark ride.
As @Californian Elitist pointed out, I fully expect the attraction description to say the same as Splash does now:

You Will Get Wet!
This attraction includes 950,000 gallons of water, 3 dips and a 5-story drop. Where you’re seated will determine how wet you’ll get. Riders in the back may experience a sudden splash or spray; those who opt for the front can expect to get soaked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom