News Disney Vacation Club Announces Expansion at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

ToTBellHop

It won't be cold enough for either IMO. They start cooling to about 41 degrees and above.
Hmmm. That’s honestly a dealbreaker. We joined the DVC, in part, because we can make breakfast in the rooms.

We will try for Poly, Boardwalk, or Bay Lake in February once we hit our 7 month window, I suppose.

correcaminos

Hmmm. That’s honestly a dealbreaker. We joined the DVC, in part, because we can make breakfast in the rooms.

We will try for Poly, Boardwalk, or Bay Lake in February once we hit our 7 month window, I suppose.
I didn't realize how much of a dealbreaker it could be for some of my family either. Not having cold enough for insulin is big. Though I could request a fridge, but still. Polynesian should have great luck for openings compared to Boardwalk. I will say BLT is my least favorite studio.

Chip Chipperson

With fewer amenities, I'm kind of surprised that these new Resort Studio rooms are the same amount of points as the standard studio. I would have expected them to be 1-2 points cheaper similar to how AKL has the Value Studio category for the smaller studios (although I suppose that would have reduced the number of new points DVC could sell to go along with this additional room inventory, so that's probably the reason why they'rethe same points per night). It will be interesting to see how quickly these get booked up compared to the standard studios.

correcaminos

With fewer amenities, I'm kind of surprised that these new Resort Studio rooms are the same amount of points as the standard studio. I would have expected them to be 1-2 points cheaper similar to how AKL has the Value Studio category for the smaller studios (although I suppose that would have reduced the number of new points DVC could sell to go along with this additional room inventory, so that's probably the reason why they'rethe same points per night). It will be interesting to see how quickly these get booked up compared to the standard studios.
They are better located though. Right by the main building with arguably better views. Having 2 real beds is what many want even with the murphies.

EPCOT-O.G.

With all the construction ( I just watched a YT video describing it) are the walkways still open? We’re going in early August and staying there with the hopes of walking to the MK

Disone

Currently yes. I do not think the MK path should be affected.
Only the walkway in the immediate vicinity of the building that is under construction is affected. The walkway to the Magic Kingdom will not be affected in any way during this process. Currently the walkway directly in front of building 8 is closed. The impact here is that you cannot walk 360° around the courtyard pool. Otherwise all other walkways are open.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
will say BLT is my least favorite studio.
We did a BLT studio for the first time last summer and omg it was horrible!! I couldn’t believe how small and cramped the room was for four adults. It felt like my room as a kid. I will say I did love the separate kitchen area, but that was about the only positive. We will not stay there again in a studio, or really in general. BLT pales in comparison to the other DVC resorts.

correcaminos

We did a BLT studio for the first time last summer and omg it was horrible!! I couldn’t believe how small and cramped the room was for four adults. It felt like my room as a kid. I will say I did love the separate kitchen area, but that was about the only positive. We will not stay there again in a studio, or really in general. BLT pales in comparison to the other DVC resorts.
My dad and his sister stayed in one like 12 years ago. Since they each had their own bed the sofa was pulled out. They hung out in our 2 bedroom way more. I pick BLT if we need an extra bathroom and that's it.

correcaminos

Only the walkway in the immediate vicinity of the building that is under construction is affected. The walkway to the Magic Kingdom will not be affected in any way during this process. Currently the walkway directly in front of building 8 is closed. The impact here is that you cannot walk 360° around the courtyard pool. Otherwise all other walkways are open.
Thanks for confirming. I didn't think anything with even the road changes should infringe on the path even in the future. The iffy in the future will be to Polynesian as that walkway is going to change per plans but not sure when it will change.

pdude81

I've seen mini fridges that small before that chilled to lower temperatures. They just wouldn't have the freezer insert. I don't expect they would swap out 200+ of them without a major revolt, but why put a microwave in a room if you can't keep the food at a safe temperature. Seems really dumb to me. Either just do the beverage cooler and a coffee maker, or put in a proper mini fridge with the microwave.

correcaminos

I've seen mini fridges that small before that chilled to lower temperatures. They just wouldn't have the freezer insert. I don't expect they would swap out 200+ of them without a major revolt, but why put a microwave in a room if you can't keep the food at a safe temperature. Seems really dumb to me. Either just do the beverage cooler and a coffee maker, or put in a proper mini fridge with the microwave.
Most newer min-friges they are using do not have freezer inserts now anyway. Neither PVB nor SSR did my last few studios stay. Toaster too please ;) but I totally agree. Totally not thought out... even these newest after opening changes.

It would have helped if he’d got his information correct.

The resort studios are the same points “cost” as the regular studios.

And that wasn’t a lock-off 2-bed he toured, which he did back-track on in a garbled kind of way.
Oh boy, I might have to watch this now. I swear non-DVC seem to have issues getting it right. Then again us DVC do as well at times 🤣

Disone

He got a few things wrong for sure. Building 9 is now 100% individual resort studios. There are no suites and there are no one bedrooms. Not in building 9.

Also, surprisingly, he missed the Mary Poppins touches that are present in the lobby if building 9. They are absolutely there.

And eventually he landed correctly, what he toured at DVC was a dedicated two bedroom. Not a one-bedroom connecting to a studio aka lockoff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom