Disney to announce overhaul of DL Tomorrowland at D23?

Phroobar

Do you think it could be possible we see a Wreck It Ralph attraction as part of this new TL revamp? Or do you think Wreck It Ralph would work better in DCA in a Hollywood Land revamp if it gets turned into an area themed to Disney Animation Studios proper?
There was the idea of taking Buzz Lightyear out and replacing it with a Sugar Rush dark ride similar to Universal's Mario Kart. I guess that imagineer went to Universal and got the idea built there.

My ideas:
-Flight of Passage replacing Nemo. We don’t need a full Pandora land but Flight of Passage would be great and fit Tomorrowland.

Better idea is to keep the subs but update it to Avartar: Way of Water.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Bringing the thread back to the Peoplemover for a second.

I think if they were to bring back a Peoplemover type attraction it should be an updated concept not based on the old WEDWay system. Use a newer PRT type system that uses newer tech to move the cars along the guideway.

Phroobar

Bringing the thread back to the Peoplemover for a second.

I think if they were to bring back a Peoplemover type attraction it should be an updated concept not based on the old WEDWay system. Use a newer PRT type system that uses newer tech to move the cars along the guideway.
Agreed. It should be more advanced than one used in an airport.

mickEblu

I could see them doing a lazy seasonal Lightyear overlay, at most. Like, if the film is a gigantic smash hit. But most likely it’s just a rumor. They can’t even figure out the treehouse.

I saw it last night. It’s not going to be a gigantic smash. Then again people want to get out again. I’ve taken my son to the movies twice in 6 days only because they opened a beautiful new dine in AMC near me. Every row of (reclining) seats feels like a balcony and there is wall behind you so nobody can kick your seats.

The theatre is located on the third and fourth level of a mall and all the exterior walls are glass so you have great views of the surrounding city/ hills. Anyway im still trying to decide if Jurassic World Diminion or Lightyear is worse. The movie I really want to see is Maverick but that’s a date night which is harder to come by.

Last edited:

TheDisneyParksfanC8

There was the idea of taking Buzz Lightyear out and replacing it with a Sugar Rush dark ride similar to Universal's Mario Kart. I guess that imagineer went to Universal and got the idea built there.

Better idea is to keep the subs but update it to Avartar: Way of Water.
How recent was this idea for the Wreck it Ralph attraction? Think they could still do a Wreck in Ralph attraction maybe in DCA instead?

TheDisneyParksfanC8

It was about a year after the original movie came out. There is concept art floating around here somewhere.
One of my armchair imagineered ideas for a Hollywood Land replacement at DCA is a Disney animation land. One of the attractions could be Wreck it Ralph themed. It could be a moving walkthrough attraction like the rumored Villain Con attraction at Universal Orlando. You would have a blaster and could play arcade games like the ones seen in the movies. And based on recent patents Disney filed with practical set and projection reseting, the games could easily be changed out over time. But it would be different in instead of flat screens in Midway Mania and Webslingers it could have rounded surfaces in the set pieces with projection mapping on them and the mapping could extend onto the set themselves.

wityblack

I saw it last night. It’s not going to be a gigantic smash. Then again people want to get out again. I’ve taken my son to the movies twice in 6 days only because they opened a beautiful new dine in AMC near me. Every row of (reclining) seats feels like a balcony and there is wall behind you so nobody can kick your seats.

The theatre is located on the third and fourth level of a mall and all the exterior walls are glass so you have great views of the surrounding city/ hills. Anyway im still trying to decide if Jurassic World Diminion or Lightyear is worse. The movie I really want to see is Maverick but that’s a date night which is harder to come by.
I'm like 90% sure you're talking about the mall I work at haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom