News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

lazyboy97o

For Disney. Cedar Fair builds a coaster in 5-9 months.
No, not for Disney. Those coasters typically have a shed for maintenance and a covered platform for loading. They are not integrated with a large building. It’s also not just construction, people lump in the design time for TRON because dirt was moved as part rod the use of early site work and fast-track project delivery.

Jrb1979

No, not for Disney. Those coasters typically have a shed for maintenance and a covered platform for loading. They are not integrated with a large building. It’s also not just construction, people lump in the design time for TRON because dirt was moved as part rod the use of early site work and fast-track project delivery.
I don't expect Disney to build as quickly as most parks due to everything involved in their projects. There is no reason anything should take longer then 2 years max.

Jrb1979

How long does it take you just to read 1,000 pages? How long does it take to adjust layouts to meet code requirements and ensure there are no conflicts as a result of rearranging systems?
I am interested to know why. I'm not trying to hate on Disney. I'm just curious to know.

lazyboy97o

I am interested to know why. I'm not trying to hate on Disney. I'm just curious to know.
Because it takes time to produce do all of the drawings and documents required to actually build something. TRON was announced before all of that started. Site work started very early in that process. Construction and design were overlapped, but it repeatedly gets lumped together as just construction.

JohnD

I wouldn't disagree with you... but I don't believe Animal Kingdom has that luxury of just leaving spaces open for "future development", it's not like there is an overabundance of rides at the park.

That's the argument about AK that always annoys me. "It's not like there is an overabundance of rides at the park". As if the walking trails and shows are completely worthless. AK is a unique park. In addition to "rides", there are three live shows (as of this week, in fact), one 3D movie, and two main walking trails and worth experiencing. If park commandos would only stop and take the time to enjoy everything there is to offer in AK, it wouldn't be the "half-day" park as they claim.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

Because it takes time to produce do all of the drawings and documents required to actually build something. TRON was announced before all of that started. Site work started very early in that process. Construction and design were overlapped, but it repeatedly gets lumped together as just construction.
I wasn't lumping them together. It was announced in 2017. Construction began in 2018. I know they had a delay due to Covid but that was still only a year. It's taking them close to 3 years to actually build this. I know Disney rides are more complex to build due to theming and the building required for the ride but it feels like they take their time to build new attractions

lazyboy97o

I wasn't lumping them together. It was announced in 2017. Construction began in 2018. I know they had a delay due to Covid but that was still only a year. It's taking them close to 3 years to actually build this. I know Disney rides are more complex to build due to theming and the building required for the ride but it feels like they take their time to build new attractions
Even in 2018 the design work was not done.

lazyboy97o

It's no wonder they take so long. How do you start construction without having the design work done. They announce new attractions but seemingly only have the artwork done.
No, that allows construction work to start sooner. Early site work and fast-track project delivery are not unique to Disney. They knew the footprint of the building so they could start work that doesn’t require knowing everything.

Jrb1979

No, that allows construction work to start sooner. Early site work and fast-track project delivery are not unique to Disney. They knew the footprint of the building so they could start work that doesn’t require knowing everything.
I agree it's not unique to Disney. Every other park when the build a new attraction it's usually planned years before. Now that I'm understanding the process it would make more sense for Disney to follow other parks lead and not announce new attractions til they are further along in the process of it being built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom