News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

correcaminos

It was open last week. And honestly there is plenty of room for construction to take place without impacting the walkway. You get a better sense of the space when seeing it in person.
I do agree but if they jut out the beach like in the plans I could see it temporarily affected at some point. Hoping it remains open for several more weeks here.

lazyboy97o

It's going to be interesting to see how they do this. The hotel will need to pretty heavy equipment to build it and it will all have to come in under the monorail beam.
A lot of this equipment moved on roads and is not an oversized load. In Florida anything taller than 13’-6” tall is considered oversized.

RSoxNo1

It's crazy to me they are adding more rooms. It's the last thing WDW needs. Take that money and add more attractions to the parks. I'm surprised so many love this idea
There's an immediate return on DVC that shows up in the Parks and Resorts segment of the balance sheet. They've setup a system of 50 year leases that needs a new pool of rooms every few years to maintain a certain income stream. It's almost a necessity from a business perspective to continue to build DVC.

drizgirl

There's an immediate return on DVC that shows up in the Parks and Resorts segment of the balance sheet. They've setup a system of 50 year leases that needs a new pool of rooms every few years to maintain a certain income stream. It's almost a necessity from a business perspective to continue to build DVC.
That sounds a little pyramid scheme ish.

pdude81

That sounds a little pyramid scheme ish.
It's more that a lot of contracts expire in 2042 and they can't be suddenly stuck with all those maintenance costs and empty rooms at the same time. Eventually they get to a place where another resort "expires" every few years and they always have new points to sell at the current top line price. Normally there are large construction costs that are offset by sales, but the VGF conversion had to be a huge money maker.

RSoxNo1

I wonder if they've considered shortening the terms to say 45 or even 40 years to further tighten that window. I know the current Disney brass thinks quarter to quarter but the occasional long term decision may sneak in there.

pdude81

I wonder if they've considered shortening the terms to say 45 or even 40 years to further tighten that window. I know the current Disney brass thinks quarter to quarter but the occasional long term decision may sneak in there.
I think if they start doing that they run into the end dates of the last few resorts they sold. So they would have more points to resell in 40 or 45 years and more potential profit, but too much inventory may be an issue as AKV, AUL, VGF, would come up around the same time.

Fido Chuckwagon

It's more that a lot of contracts expire in 2042 and they can't be suddenly stuck with all those maintenance costs and empty rooms at the same time. Eventually they get to a place where another resort "expires" every few years and they always have new points to sell at the current top line price. Normally there are large construction costs that are offset by sales, but the VGF conversion had to be a huge money maker.
It's going to be impressive when they re-sell 50 year old resorts at then-current top-line prices after doing only a soft goods refurbishment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom