Formula 1 2023

Nubs70

I tend to side with Hamilton a bit on who should have made the call this time. The crew had the more complete picture.

That being said, I think he’s being reminded how much more difficult the job is when you aren’t in a dominant car. I’m waiting on someone to set the O/U on the number of races before hats are being slung back and forth in the Mercedes compound;)
Hamilton should have just said, "We made a call and it didn't work out" instead of crapping all over his crew.

Timmay

Original Poster
I’m completely baffled by Hamilton’s attitude, especially for a champion. After his tangle with Magnussen, he radios his team saying he wants to retire and save the engine. He’s going to finish 5th. He’s got to get his head squared away.

Nubs70

I’m completely baffled by Hamilton’s attitude, especially for a champion. After his tangle with Magnussen, he radios his team saying he wants to retire and save the engine. He’s going to finish 5th. He’s got to get his head squared away.
If he ins't in front he wants to quit instead of getting points. In spite of his childish mentality, he proved he is a very good driver by going from last to where he finished. He simply can't get over the fact he will only finish as high as his car permits regardless of his status as Sir Hamilton.

Timmay

Original Poster
If he ins't in front he wants to quit instead of getting points. In spite of his childish mentality, he proved he is a very good driver by going from last to where he finished. He simply can't get over the fact he will only finish as high as his car permits regardless of his status as Sir Hamilton.
He certainly deserved driver of the day. If he hadn’t had that tangle up, he would have been fighting for the lead.

Timmay

Original Poster
Also. Perez is a very good teammate. He wasn’t exactly happy today.
I think once he gets a look at the telemetry he will see he was not as fast as Verstappen. If the DRS had worked on Verstappen’s car then Perez is faster…as crazy as that sounds. Verstappen has fresh tires more often due to the extra pit stop they have to make due to the DRS.

Nubs70

Going from last to where he finished, remarkable but the Lewis haters will continue to critic and hate , no surprise
No, he wanted to quit to preserve the engine. He stayed out and got the team points. If he has a "Bonus for Points" program like Kimi Raikkonen, Lewis would have collected 500,000 euro. Lewis wanted to take his nose ring and go home.

Lilofan

So he should have been allowed to retire?

I’m critical of his extremely poor attitude…not his driving.
Is that a first? One that says something they don't mean? Doubt it. For him to climb from last to a better position and one claims to preserve the engine ? Another Lewis hater even stooping low to critic his nose ring.

Timmay

Original Poster
Is that a first? One that says something they don't mean? Doubt it. For him to climb from last to a better position and one claims to preserve the engine ? Another Lewis hater even stooping low to critic his nose ring.
I mean there was another driver that actually started dead last and finished high as well.

Do you ever have any other thoughts about F1, analysis of a race, engines, car upgrades…or is it just Hamilton in general you enjoy so much? Anything at all?

Nubs70

If you watched the race, you would have heard Sir Lewis, in his own words, stating he wanted to retire and preserve the engine.

I will criticize him for his nose ring, jewelry, watches and rings and his petulant antics about refusing to race a few weeks back. Safety rules are Safety rules regardless of who you are.

Lilofan

If you watched the race, you would have heard Sir Lewis, in his own words, stating he wanted to retire and preserve the engine.

I will criticize him for his nose ring, jewelry, watches and rings and his petulant antics about refusing to race a few weeks back. Safety rules are Safety rules regardless of who you are.
If you cared to read, even other drivers said Lewis was being targeted for jewelry . Odd that all these years those "safety" rules were not enforced until recently.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
If you cared to read, even other drivers said Lewis was being targeted for jewelry . Odd that all these years those "safety" rules were not enforced until recently.
So because the rules were not enforced previously makes it alright to break them 🙄
Poor picked on Lewis and Mercedes.
They forced the FIA to remove Massi and are unhappy with the replacement. Boo boo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom