Why I Will Definitely Go Again

Jedi Osborn

"For many of us that were fortunate enough to experience the real Disney Park experience it is like a loss of a friend. It remains nothing more than an expensive, exhausting attempt to relive what was once a really magical memory. Both the real world and the magical world that I once couldn't stop anticipating all year, every year, has become something that I never thought was possible. It has become something that I no longer want to be part of"

Very well put. I wasn't going to comment, as it doesn't seem to do any good, other than maybe venting a little. But this statement hit the nail on the head. In the past, I could not wait to visit again. It was expensive in it's own way, there were other issues, but it was always terrific. Now, not so much. I won't get into why, we all know why. But I'm glad that someone was able to articulate how it feels like a loss of sorts. Something that used to be a source of happy thoughts on a bad work day is no longer there for me.

OG Runner

"For many of us that were fortunate enough to experience the real Disney Park experience it is like a loss of a friend. It remains nothing more than an expensive, exhausting attempt to relive what was once a really magical memory. Both the real world and the magical world that I once couldn't stop anticipating all year, every year, has become something that I never thought was possible. It has become something that I no longer want to be part of"

Very well put. I wasn't going to comment, as it doesn't seem to do any good, other than maybe venting a little. But this statement hit the nail on the head. In the past, I could not wait to visit again. It was expensive in it's own way, there were other issues, but it was always terrific. Now, not so much. I won't get into why, we all know why. But I'm glad that someone was able to articulate how it feels like a loss of sorts. Something that used to be a source of happy thoughts on a bad work day is no longer there for me.

So who the heck are all of these people in line, in front of me. I have heard a fair number of people vent on these boards and I can not
disagree with some of their points. However, the attendance in the parks is up. The revenues from the parks is up. Who isn't coming back?

Lilofan

So who the heck are all of these people in line, in front of me. I have heard a fair number of people vent on these boards and I can not
disagree with some of their points. However, the attendance in the parks is up. The revenues from the parks is up. Who isn't coming back?
Whatever Disney is doing short term to draw the crowds is working. Long term that’s another item.

OG Runner

That is a lot of thinking and supposition. Right now, and at least for the last year, things are not going in that direction.
Keep hoping, but currently that is not what is happening.

MissViv

I have been going to DW since 1973. I took my daughter all through her school years summer break and spring break. Took my 2 grandsons when they were little.

Just got back from a Mother's Day trip with my daughter that has been a long time coming. She had not been in 16 years. We had an absolute ball even with long lines and Genie+ and LL. We are already planning a Halloween trip in September and bought our MNSSHP tickets.

Disney is STILL magical to me and I am an active 70 year old.

Jedi Osborn

ha!!! That's a great question!! And proof that nothing will ever change back to the way it was. It doesn't need to! The people and the money are pouring in. From a corporate point of view, it's full speed ahead!

MickeyLuv'r

We plan to visit WDW again, but I would say not as I once did. My visits have long varied wildly in both budget and length from one to the next.

Sometimes WDW was a day-trip portion of a longer FL visit, others were a full week. Sometimes I only visit Universal, or we split our time, others were pure WDW.

I've long been a fan of split stays. I often book a low-cost (offsite) hotel for the first/last night so that I can afford a nicer hotel in the middle. I originally came to this forum to find WDW discounts and ways to visit on-a-dime (so to speak). I think it is fair to say I have cut back on the frequency, length, and splurge level of my visits, especially when it comes to meals at WDW.

I always want to tour/spend $ wisely. It baffles me a little why some folks don't want to hear both the good and the bad of WDW. I take every post with a grain of salt, some more than others. I also try hard to share my experience at WDW. Together, we help each make more informed choices. I don't ever want to spend $ on a bad experience.

If I had a bad day at HS, it isn't a criticism of anyone else or their love of WDW. I recently had a bad day at HS. It was so frustrating, that I kinda don't want to go back to HS until I see some positive change at WDW.

I still maintain hope that WDW will improve. I hope management will respond to our feedback and make improvements in how the park are run.

MickeyLuv'r

Saw this post in another thread, and thought it sounded like a good idea to let those who aren't bothered by the current WDW climate(s) to sound off.
Oof, the 5/23 TTC wait line is not a good look for WDW.

Having posted to this thread earlier, it bears asking if everyone is not a little concerned when they see a wait like that at the TTC.

eliza61nyc

Oof, the 5/23 TTC wait line is not a good look for WDW.

Having posted to this thread earlier, it bears asking if everyone is not a little concerned when they see a wait like that at the TTC.
Generally I do a little digging before I hit the panic alarm. My first question would be was this a anomaly or has this been an ongoing issue. If it was one day, do they know what caused it?
The post said it was that one day, so as Jack sparrow might say "I'm keeping a fair eye on the situation "

MickeyLuv'r

Generally I do a little digging before I hit the panic alarm. My first question would be was this a anomaly or has this been an ongoing issue. If it was one day, do they know what caused it?
The post said it was that one day, so as Jack sparrow might say "I'm keeping a fair eye on the situation "
If it happened on my one day, I'd be unhappy to lose an hour of park time.

Not sure why you leapt all the way from "a little concerned" to panic alarm. Hyperbole hurts everyone when we are trying to have a rational discussion.

eliza61nyc

If it happened on my one day, I'd be unhappy to lose an hour of park time.

Not sure why you leapt all the way from "a little concerned" to panic alarm. Hyperbole hurts everyone when we are trying to have a rational discussion.
I wasn't saying that you hit the panic alarm. I was describing the steps I take. Whenever I read a negative report on any vacation destination I go to I try to research before getting nervous or panicking.
The question was asking what an individual does so no it was not hyperbole.
That's the steps that I take.
Okay so to answer it exactly as you originally posted it. No. At this point in time I am not concerned about that one instance reported.
If it becomes a continuous thing I will get concerned. If it is still happening next year when my next trip comes I'll reevaluate

ymmv

Sawdust

Well said and sadly so true. Sorry Disney but it's just not the same anymore, we returned from WDW two days ago and never felt "the Magic or Disney Bubble" we experienced in past trips. Really hoping things change but it's not the same. With that said the family did have a great time and plenty of great memories, so many positive experiences but the negative experiences were too many.

OG Runner

Well said and sadly so true. Sorry Disney but it's just not the same anymore, we returned from WDW two days ago and never felt "the Magic or Disney Bubble" we experienced in past trips. Really hoping things change but it's not the same. With that said the family did have a great time and plenty of great memories, so many positive experiences but the negative experiences were too many.

What were your negative experiences? I went to WDW for a week in January. Yes, Disney Genie+ and Lightning Lane took a little bit
to get used to. The parks were busy but I was able to get on all of the rides I wanted to get on. The Cast Members were still very nice
and I had some excellent meals on property & at Disney Springs. I had a great time and so did my girlfriend.

Sawdust

What were your negative experiences? I went to WDW for a week in January. Yes, Disney Genie+ and Lightning Lane took a little bit
to get used to. The parks were busy but I was able to get on all of the rides I wanted to get on. The Cast Members were still very nice
and I had some excellent meals on property & at Disney Springs. I had a great time and so did my girlfriend.
Cast members for the most part were great. The newer members are not well trained. My daughter became sick at AK near the safari. We asked an employee where the first aid center was located and they sent us to the front gate only to find out it was located in the middle of the park. We just left at that point. Bathrooms in AK and studios were really dirty, everything has a price or is a surcharge, in AK we asked for ice for our water bottle and we’re refused. We had parking attendants give use wrong directions, not to a location but sent us down a one way the wrong way only to have security chase us down and get angry with us. Rides broken down all week long. Genie plus and the reservation are a pain. Rides in Epcot looked run down. Studios had lewd behavior due to alcohol consumption. Staff shortages are definitely noticeable in cleanliness of the parks. Parts of the Nemo ride didn’t even work. We had to cancel an ADR when my daughter became sick and were charged $40. I called that night and they agreed to refund us but I would have to call back and speak to another department. I’ve call four times and still nobody can help. The rep told me I shouldn’t have canceled but just let the reservation expire and probably wouldn’t have been charged. At Epcot we asked directions to Leave a Legacy, again sent on a wild goose chase only to find out its at the entrance. It seems Epcot and the Studios are worst off than MK and AK. The new rides were great but it appears older attractions are neglected. At rafiki’s planet the cast members were telling us how furstrated everyone is with management and the decisions being made.

So what was positive? It was my daughter’s first time and despite getting sick for 2 days she had a great time since she had no reference except other themed parks which Disney is still runs circles around. She saw princesses, Mickey and Star Wars characters. Rode pirates and talked with crush. My son loved ROTR and smuggler run. We shared a tradition of having a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich together on our last night at MK. Something I remember doing in 1973 and every visit since.

The issue is many of us remember how it was years ago, not the old times, but how the parks were managed so much better and know it could be better. Much has to do with staffing but some has to do with budget cuts. Let’s face it the parks are crowded beyond comfort, people are spending money so what is the incentive for management to improve service or quality?

OG Runner

Cast members for the most part were great. The newer members are not well trained. My daughter became sick at AK near the safari. We asked an employee where the first aid center was located and they sent us to the front gate only to find out it was located in the middle of the park. We just left at that point. Bathrooms in AK and studios were really dirty, everything has a price or is a surcharge, in AK we asked for ice for our water bottle and we’re refused. We had parking attendants give use wrong directions, not to a location but sent us down a one way the wrong way only to have security chase us down and get angry with us. Rides broken down all week long. Genie plus and the reservation are a pain. Rides in Epcot looked run down. Studios had lewd behavior due to alcohol consumption. Staff shortages are definitely noticeable in cleanliness of the parks. Parts of the Nemo ride didn’t even work. We had to cancel an ADR when my daughter became sick and were charged $40. I called that night and they agreed to refund us but I would have to call back and speak to another department. I’ve call four times and still nobody can help. The rep told me I shouldn’t have canceled but just let the reservation expire and probably wouldn’t have been charged. At Epcot we asked directions to Leave a Legacy, again sent on a wild goose chase only to find out its at the entrance. It seems Epcot and the Studios are worst off than MK and AK. The new rides were great but it appears older attractions are neglected. At rafiki’s planet the cast members were telling us how furstrated everyone is with management and the decisions being made.

So what was positive? It was my daughter’s first time and despite getting sick for 2 days she had a great time since she had no reference except other themed parks which Disney is still runs circles around. She saw princesses, Mickey and Star Wars characters. Rode pirates and talked with crush. My son loved ROTR and smuggler run. We shared a tradition of having a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich together on our last night at MK. Something I remember doing in 1973 and every visit since.

The issue is many of us remember how it was years ago, not the old times, but how the parks were managed so much better and know it could be better. Much has to do with staffing but some has to do with budget cuts. Let’s face it the parks are crowded beyond comfort, people are spending money so what is the incentive for management to improve service or quality?

Thank you! That would definitely explain your feelings. I had just the opposite experience though. My girlfriend somehow picked-up a
rash on her legs. It was very painful. When we asked for medical help, (we were in DHS), we were directed to the front of the park. The
staff was very helpful and even provided her with a cream that really helped. We saw the same cream in the store at Port Royale at CBR
and it would have cost us $7.00 for it.

I might change my opinion after this trip and genie +, but my guess is I will keep going every few years for quite a long time, barring catastrophe. There is too much nostalgia for me to let it go easily.

I am fortunate enough to have been to WDW every decade of my life. I went with my parents in the early 80's as a small child, went again as a teen to see EPCOT. I honeymooned there in my 20's, and was there for the millennium celebration. I took my kids there as toddlers, elementary ages, tween and teens. My Jan 2023 trip is the first time with a family of young adults. At this point, my main joy at WDW is soaking in the atmosphere, chilling out, eating yummy snacks and making memories.

I am not as concerned about riding all the rides, so my interest is not in packing in as much as possible. I want to see the new stuff that wasnt there last time like ROTR, GOTG, Remy and Runway. I stay at a different hotel every time, so I will spend time soaking up the atmosphere of the Beach Club. I go with a few specific goals, but I am flexible so the "systems" in place don't stress me out too much.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
The answer to this question is going to vary wildly. For me - I have APs - and am an hour 45 away - and Im not beholden to Disney on property hotels or onsite restaurants. I’m not Disney’s ideal customer. But it works for me.

I’m still going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom