News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Dunston

Ish. Aside from the hundreds of millions wasted on demolishing a perfectly serviceable curved building to replace it with a curved building and a splash pad whilst Imagination still rots.

Still it’s better than Bobs folly plan. Ooo look. Earth Station.
Hundreds of millions to demolish Innoventions West? And they replaced The Great Movie Ride instead of constructing a new show building for Runaway Railway to save $100 Million. This sucks lol

IMDREW

At this point, Why not let the new Festival Building or whatever it is look more like the other buildings in the core with matching facade and rooflines, and include a roof garden for events and fireworks viewing. The original buildings were all glass window walls before they were covered up... Match what was there, but purpose built with elevators, escalators and stairs to access the roof garden and upper tier and extended roof over a "Festival kiosk garden" area. No reason this building should look low and squat and cheap... It should still match the rest of the buildings there...
And for God's Sake make the centerpiece a spectacular fountain worthy of the park...not a promotional display planter...boo!
Yes please

Indy_UK

This freaking company. Pandemic or not, it was a dumb move to demolish West with the plan to build the table building. Now they're rebuilding a version of CC on the same plot. I'd love to see the budget for a pointless demo and rebuild.
I will agree here. They know there’s going to be budget cuts so they may as well just kept the west building

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I stand by my original thoughts of what should have happened.

- Connections and Creations are fine as built - arguably a worthy update to Umbrella and Mouse Gear.

- Communicore West should have been left in place and a new ride based attraction added.

- Fountain of Nations should have remained.

- New landscaping added as currently shown in concept art.

The above would have been far less disruptive, cost the same or less, and resulted in a gain of a desperately needed ride through attraction.

ctrlaltdel

I think it looks good, though I understand the frustration here, especially given the state the park is in. I'm sure it will be pleasant to go through when completed regardless, but overall seems like a missed opportunity. It's a shame that the festival center has been so downgraded.

castlecake2.0

I forget the timeline of the last few years, but we’re they already demolishing Innoventions when the shutdown happened?

Looks nice, and glad they’re bringing the festival center to a more centralized location. Disappointed there’s no fountain.

gerarar

Premium Member
Is this still temporary as hinted/implied as before? Looks like a couple of purpose built buildings that won't take much to take down and something else be built in its place for whenever Disney wants to commit.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I stand by my original thoughts of what should have happened.

- Connections and Creations are fine as built - arguably a worthy update to Umbrella and Mouse Gear.

- Communicore West should have been left in place and a new ride based attraction added.

- Fountain of Nations should have remained.

- New landscaping added as currently shown in concept art.

The above would have been far less disruptive, cost the same or less, and resulted in a gain of a desperately needed ride through attraction.
From my mind to your pen. Or keyboard.

mattpeto

I'm a hot take guy, so I'm probably off my rocker again...

We knew that Festival Pavilion (along with others) was going to be re-worked coming out of the covid closure. But one of the purposes to the Festival Pavilion was to sell prime-time nighttime viewing to corporate sponsors. With the new art work, are they throwing in the towel with that concept completely?

Expanding on that...what does this say about Harmonious?

And about the barges?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom