Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

mergatroid

Echoing what others have been saying, I personally experienced motion sickness on this ride. So did the others I rode it with. I do get motion sickness on FOP and Everest though so do with that information what you will.
I will also say it 100% feels like a coaster and not a dark ride
. While the track itself is pretty tame, the spinning (I’m going to call it spinning because it’s pretty quick partial to almost full rotations while you’re already going at a fast speed) makes it feel more intense. I personally hope they tone down the spinning later on because even without the motion sickness it made everything very disorienting and it was hard to focus on the show scenes and what was actually happening around you.
I’ve been reading that the ride is about 3 1/2 minutes long, if I’m remembering correctly, but it definitely felt way shorter. I guess that’s to be expected of a coaster though.
The queue and preshow were super solid, especially the pre show. The dome part of the queue was my favorite, it was almost calming to see open space above you as you wait.
The ride vehicles are also very roomy, as others have said. I think it will accommodate most body shapes and sizes.
I think with GOTG being so popular that we'll find early on that people like yourself will want to ride despite the fact they know that certain rides using screens, movement and darkness make them unwell. Also I think with Disney describing it as a 'family coaster' that they're being honest from the outset and not trying to sell this as a traditional dark ride.

Out of curiosity if you'd seen this out in the open would it have put you off with the turning and speed, or do you think it was the darkness that affected you more? The thing with this 'coaster' is it's indoors so people perhaps don't have the benefit of seeing it to judge themselves whether it looks too fast or spinny etc before riding.

I personally don't see it as a huge problem but if many people complain of nausea then I can see Disney rewording their warning signs but beyond that I can't see them changing anything else.

There are many people (my wife being one of them) who when seeing the above will instantly say "No way in hell am I riding that", but not seeing that may think "Ooh a Guardinans fast ride, how bad can that be" and chance it. I think it's possibly this that will maybe persuade those who if seeing it wouldn't ride, to try it and then regret it.

Last edited:

solidyne

I'm wondering if anyone can compare the sensation of GotG with that of [edited: Pipe Scream] at Cedar Point. I survived the latter, but it wasn't exactly fun. Primeval Whirl was no prob.

Do we need a separate motion-sickness thread? It's a different kind of "spoiler..."

Last edited:

celluloid

Haha, yes. See, it scrambled my memory! Why that is worse (for me) than Primeval or Teacups, who knows.

I don't think it can be comparable to that, or Surf Dog as it is known at King's Island. Or disco rides for that matter. The Disco Ride at Legoland the last time I visited had me thinking I am too old for that many repetitions and I was done.

Side note. Tilt-A Whirl at Six Flags Over Georgia had the longest cycle of any ever. We were all so done with it, and my tolerance is fairly good for that sort of thing. I am getting older for sure though.

Jrb1979

I don't think it can be comparable to that, or Surf Dog as it is known at King's Island. Or disco rides for that matter. The Disco Ride at Legoland the last time I visited had me thinking I am too old for that many repetitions and I was done.

Side note. Tilt-A Whirl at Six Flags Over Georgia had the longest cycle of any ever. We were all so done with it, and my tolerance is fairly good for that sort of thing. I am getting older for sure though.
I'm 41 and love rides like that. Though I am starting to understand why many like Disney rides more then other parks rides. It's that they can ride them. For me nothing will top Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point. Being thrown out of you seat for the majority of the ride and having sore thighs when done is awesome.

khlaylav

All this talk of motion sickness reminds me of when my family and I would go to Disney almost every year, with some side trips to Universal. Throughout the years, there was only one ride that ever made my dad nauseous, to the point of having to throw up in a trash can.

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Thanks, Tigger!

This isn't a defense of the ride or anything I just think it's really funny

Anteater

Poor Glenn Close... I hope that's make-up and not a facelift; Almost like something from Superstar Limo. Scary.
1651505617732.png

It *may be * plastic surgery
1651505758408.png

EPCOT-O.G.

Disney has been blowing us away with pre-shows lately. Rise, Mickey and Minnie’s and now Guardians.
This is one area where there’s few misses, but yes, hard to think of a bad one.

I found the loading area and intro to Ratatouille to be absolutely delightful! Not sure if it’s a classic preshow- more on the level of the Blue Bayou transition to Pirates - but I love it nonetheless.

The part in ROTR where Bek says, “I have a bad feeling about this,” just as the music tapers off and the ship thuds as it ‘lands’ - just exquisite.

The Falcon’s preshow (Hondo AA) is arguably more impressive than the actual attraction (especially if you include seeing the Falcon and the realism of the queue)

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Sounds like a really cool preshow! Wondering though if the guardians themselves are in it more after the “transport” takes place.

Do we explore this Nova cruiser a little in queue before the boarding or do we go right into the station after this room? Either way, it is a super cool idea for a preshow.

Rise’s preshows don’t really feel like preshows (in my opinion) hoping Guardians follows suit. To a lesser extent Mickey’s also follows this rule.

James Alucobond

I found the loading area and intro to Ratatouille to be absolutely delightful! Not sure if it’s a classic preshow- more on the level of the Blue Bayou transition to Pirates - but I love it nonetheless.

The part in ROTR where Bek says, “I have a bad feeling about this,” just as the music tapers off and the ship thuds as it ‘lands’ - just exquisite.

The Falcon’s preshow (Hondo AA) is arguably more impressive than the actual attraction (especially if you include seeing the Falcon and the realism of the queue)
Even Enchanted Tales with Belle has an inexplicably good pre-show. 😆

BigRed98

I forgot about Smuglers Run but I mostly just like that pre-show solely for the Hondo AA. Rat from the moment ur on the rooftops staring at the Guesteau sign to the lead up to the load station is really beautiful done especially with the music score in background which sets up the feeling that ur actually in France.

Casper Gutman

This sounds like EXACTLY the same effect that was used for the transporters in the regrettably defunct Star Trek Experience in Vegas, which opened 25 years ago. Which is fine, it was a really great effect - just not that innovative.

And the queue seems to be as boring as we thought it was. Which is a shame, because the Rat queue really is good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom