Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

Giss Neric

If it is the case that those with motion sickness shouldn't ride i would feel bad for them. At the same time there is no rule that everyone should be able to ride every ride. IMO having a few intense attractions would be good for Disney.
I think the fact that a lot of larger guests will be able to fit in this, especially for a rollercoaster, is already a win. FOP is a very smooth simulator but it still does give some people motion sickness no matter what.

Media Event is happening next week. Would we be able to see the full ride during that time or just the queue?

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Full queue was being utilized today, including testing of the lightning lane. With LL, you only see the first dome room, and then skip straight to the pre-shows. There are little windows that peek into the rest of the queue but you will miss out on some things, per usual with LL’s.
Not sure if you can tell us but what else is in the queue? Other then the Galaxarium (done room) and exhibit.

I don’t want to give them any ideas but, I can see them doing VQ and ILL. I don’t want that to happen (despite being lucky with VQ) but can see it.

Any predictions on the wait time for day 1? If their is a standby.

mergatroid

Not sure if you can tell us but what else is in the queue? Other then the Galaxarium (done room) and exhibit.

I don’t want to give them any ideas but, I can see them doing VQ and ILL. I don’t want that to happen (despite being lucky with VQ) but can see it.

I remember Potter having 6-9 hour lines when it opened, I'm not sure whether this will be as popular but I queued for 3 hours for ROTR about 7 weeks ago and that's not even that new.

No Name

I expect 4-5 hours.

peter11435

I’d be shocked if this opens with standby. Ratatouille opened with boarding groups and had even less need for it.
I’m not saying it won’t open with virtual queue, but Ratatoille had a couple unique factors that impacted that decision that don’t exist with guardians.

yensidtlaw1969

I’m not saying it won’t open with virtual queue, but Ratatoille had a couple unique factors that impacted that decision that don’t exist with guardians.
Out of curiousity, can you expand on those factors? I'm still not sure I quite understand what the situation was there, beyond a few guesses.

gorillaball

It’s not really about intensity. Mission Space almost certainly made a lot more people sick then a really wild coaster, but that’s because it set up a situation in which peoples inner ear and their eyes were telling them different things. GotG could be a similar situation. (Also, no, Disney does not need “intense” attractions - it never has.)

We’ll get a clearer idea about whether WDW has built another Mission Space very shortly. Until then, reports of sickness by people who have ridden the ride isn’t something optimists need to downplay or explain away or something grumps need to make the final measurement of the ride. The reports so far are enough to raise an eyebrow - let’s see what happens.
I often ridicule you for what I deem too early of judgement. So I feel I should also give props when you are fair, in which I think you were here. “We,ll get a clearer picture...” “Raise an eyebrow - let’s see what happens”. I think all fair

peterwendy

Echoing what others have been saying, I personally experienced motion sickness on this ride. So did the others I rode it with. I do get motion sickness on FOP and Everest though so do with that information what you will.
I will also say it 100% feels like a coaster and not a dark ride. While the track itself is pretty tame, the spinning (I’m going to call it spinning because it’s pretty quick partial to almost full rotations while you’re already going at a fast speed) makes it feel more intense. I personally hope they tone down the spinning later on because even without the motion sickness it made everything very disorienting and it was hard to focus on the show scenes and what was actually happening around you.
I’ve been reading that the ride is about 3 1/2 minutes long, if I’m remembering correctly, but it definitely felt way shorter. I guess that’s to be expected of a coaster though.
The queue and preshow were super solid, especially the pre show. The dome part of the queue was my favorite, it was almost calming to see open space above you as you wait.
The ride vehicles are also very roomy, as others have said. I think it will accommodate most body shapes and sizes.

doctornick

Aren’t there already existing Vekoma “omnicoaster” rides operating? Shouldn’t we be able to guess the likelihood of motion sickness based on them?

dreday3

Have to admit, I'm getting a bit anxious reading about all the nausea! I really want to go on it so I hope Bonine beforehand does the trick.

Casper Gutman

Aren’t there already existing Vekoma “omnicoaster” rides operating? Shouldn’t we be able to guess the likelihood of motion sickness based on them?
I'm not aware of any off the top of my head, but that means very little - but I'm pretty confident there aren't any set in a darkened warehouse.

Again, I think this will be fine. I think it will make a few more folks sick then might be expected, but I don't think we're looking at a Mission: Space situation.

rustincohle

Not reading the rest of this as I don't want to be spoiled, but can I please ask how intense this is compared to other Disney coasters, and if it goes upside down? The penultimate day of our three-week honeymoon is opening day and we'll try to ride it if we can (hopefully a physical queue rather than a virtual one, we'll wait if need be).

UNCgolf

Not reading the rest of this as I don't want to be spoiled, but can I please ask how intense this is compared to other Disney coasters, and if it goes upside down? The penultimate day of our three-week honeymoon is opening day and we'll try to ride it if we can (hopefully a physical queue rather than a virtual one, we'll wait if need be).

It doesn't go upside down, and it's roughly on the same level as Everest in terms of intensity. The only potential issue is that the ride vehicles rotate and it has a backwards launch, which has caused motion sickness in some of the early preview riders.

rustincohle

It doesn't go upside down, and it's roughly on the same level as Everest in terms of intensity. The only potential issue is that the ride vehicles rotate, which has caused motion sickness in some of the early preview riders.
Thank you! That sounds like it's at about my limit (I'm weak when it comes to coasters) but will definitely give this a go if I get the chance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom