News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

UNCgolf

The “Legal Mindset” attorney sure had me fooled; an attorney who lives in central florida and worked on special districts.
Could you please point me to where the “Legal Mindset” attorney's points are debunked I am sincerely interested.
I hope whoever debunked him was at least an attorney who worked on special districts like he does.

We have no idea if he's actually worked on special districts. He's on Youtube; he can claim anything he wants.

Other Florida attorneys that practice in the area have said very different things than he does. Also, some of his videos about other topics are misleading at best. He's not providing trustworthy information; he's acting in a partisan capacity to get clicks and hopefully make money off Youtube videos. That doesn't seem to be working yet, because all of his videos have less than 10k views, but that might be why he decided to dive into this issue on another channel to drum up interest in his own content.

Nobody really knows how this is going to play out yet, including Disney, RCID, Governor DeSantis, and the Florida state legislature.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Worked on is also a description that can mean a lot of different things. Interns do work. Associates do work. Partners do work. Those things aren’t the same, but “Worked on X” would be a true statement for all three.

You read my mind. I was actually coming back to mention something similar.

He could have worked on one case once that involved a special district -- he wouldn't be outright lying, but it would be wildly misleading.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Not everyone is as talented as Zenia, I guess.
Not sure what it says about TWDC if the dude was somehow able to stay on with BP after the oil spill and navigate through that debacle and yet he couldn’t handle this circus for 3 months.

While the blame isn’t fully on Disney this is really not a great vote of confidence.

UNCgolf

Not sure what it says about TWDC if the dude was somehow able to stay on with BP after the oil spill and navigate through that debacle and yet he couldn’t handle this circus for 3 months.

While the blame isn’t fully on Disney (given the Tallahassee clown show) this is really not a great vote of confidence.

That reflects pretty poorly on Chapek, too.

Disstevefan1

We have no idea if he's actually worked on special districts. He's on Youtube; he can claim anything he wants.

Other Florida attorneys that practice in the area have said very different things than he does in that video. Also, some of his videos about other topics are misleading at best. He's not providing trustworthy information; he's acting in a partisan capacity to hopefully make money off Youtube videos.

Nobody really knows how this is going to play out yet, including Disney, RCID, Governor DeSantis, and the Florida state legislature.
I have to agree, lawyers say anything to support their opinion. Like all of us do on these discussion forums ;)
We all know, nothing we say on these forums say will make any difference.
The “Legal Mindset” attorney had be hopeful.
I am now back to hopeless. :(
But wait, each of us are free to believe what uninformed information posted on these forums we choose, right?
I am back to hopeful :D 👍

peter11435

I have to agree, lawyers say anything to support their opinion. Like all of us do on these discussion forums ;)
We all know, nothing we say on these forums say will make any difference.
The “Legal Mindset” attorney had be hopeful.
I am now back to hopeless. :(
But wait, each of us are free to believe what uninformed information posted on these forums we choose, right?
I am back to hopeful :D 👍
What exactly did he have you hopefully for?

Disstevefan1

What exactly did he have you hopefully for?
  1. They will simply create a new complaint special district to replace RCID; a district similar to RCID, but a modern one, compliant to the Florida constitution like all the current special districts; Disney giving up some power.
  2. Even if DCID is dissolved and there is no replacement, Disney is responsible to pay the bonds not taxpayers outside the physical borders of RCID.

I do not care who replies to this post, I am not listening to you, LA, LA, LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, LA, LA, LA :cool:

peter11435

1. They will simply create a new complaint special district to replace RCID; a district similar to RCID, but a modern one, compliant to the Florida constitution like all the current special districts; Disney giving up some power.
  2. Even if DCID is dissolved and there is no replacement, Disney is responsible to pay the bonds not taxpayers outside the physical borders of RCID.

I do not care who replies to this post, I am not listening to you, LA, LA, LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, LA, LA, LA :cool:
1. If RCID as it existed was unconstitutional the governor would not have needed legislation passed to dissolve it. And if it was unconstitutional why did the Supreme Court in 1968 unanimously rule in the districts favor.

2. It’s not Disney’s debt.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

There would be no legal way for Disney to be responsible for paying the bonds directly. They either stay with RCID, possibly transfer to a newly created district or possibly they transfer to the counties. Dissolving a municipality cannot result in a single taxpayer having the burden of the municipality’s debt.

Sir_Cliff

There would be no legal way for Disney to be responsible for paying the bonds directly. They either stay with RCID, possibly transfer to a newly created district or possibly they transfer to the counties. Dissolving a municipality cannot result in a single taxpayer having the burden of the municipality’s debt.
I think the last point in the message you quoted was the most relevant.

People just won't hear if the debt ends up being transferred to Orange County or a new district. Maybe those directly effected by this and who opposed it will, but those who support it will hear an entirely different story about how DeSantis stuck it to Disney for being woke and Disney now doesn't get special treatment. This is why I have no faith there will be a best possible outcome in this case: the actual outcome in dollar and cents terms basically doesn't matter for those in charge of setting policy in Florida.

Baloo62

Look at the comments of ANY YouTube video concerning Disney's current state of affairs. They certainly don't ooze with support for the mouse. In fact, in nearly every instance, its pure loathing and disgust. This includes attitudes toward Genie+, over-crowding, absurd cutbacks (no trams at three parks), and the monetization of everything but oxygen. We went for my 30th trip last month and I can honestly say it was my least favorite ever. We spent more than we ever have and got much less accomplished. We are a family that literally experiences every single ride and 98% of the attractions during each visit. Despite paying $15 a day for that damnable Genie+, we were unable to do 8 of the major rides. As for the paid Lightning Lanes, they were never available. On the other hand, our two days at Universal were incredible. What a totally pain-free and simplistic Express Pass system. Those two days were the highlight of our trip. We all agreed that VelociCoaster (35 minute wait) and Hagrid's (55 minute wait) are the two best rides in Central Florida.

lazyboy97o

Look at the comments of ANY YouTube video concerning Disney's current state of affairs. They certainly don't ooze with support for the mouse. In fact, in nearly every instance, its pure loathing and disgust. This includes attitudes toward Genie+, over-crowding, absurd cutbacks (no trams at three parks), and the monetization of everything but oxygen. We went for my 30th trip last month and I can honestly say it was my least favorite ever. We spent more than we ever have and got much less accomplished. We are a family that literally experiences every single ride and 98% of the attractions during each visit. Despite paying $15 a day for that damnable Genie+, we were unable to do 8 of the major rides. As for the paid Lightning Lanes, they were never available. On the other hand, our two days at Universal were incredible. What a totally pain-free and simplistic Express Pass system. Those two days were the highlight of our trip. We all agreed that VelociCoaster (35 minute wait) and Hagrid's (55 minute wait) are the two best rides in Central Florida.
None of that is relevant. Plenty of people who think dissolving Reedy Creek is ridiculous criticize Disney.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
None of that is relevant. Plenty of people who think dissolving Reedy Creek is ridiculous criticize Disney.
1651276480279.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So what are the four media corps that deal in content, distribution and physical locations/products that might not like governments interfering with their business capabilities/autonomy???

Maybe…paramount?…time Warner?….Comcast?…and that other one…ummm…starts with a D I think??

Sir_Cliff

Look at it this way:

Who’s interests are shared?

So what are the four media corps that deal in content, distribution and physical locations/products that might not like governments interfering with their business capabilities/autonomy???

Maybe…paramount?…time Warner?….Comcast?…and that other one…ummm…starts with a D I think??
I have noticed that Uni likes to be a bit of a smart when it comes to Disney on Twitter, but, unless I've missed something, they've stayed quiet since all of this went down. It's almost like things suddenly got serious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom