Anyone know what’s going on with Test Track?

DisneyCane

Sounds like a vehicle issue. Best thing to do is report it at unload (if it’s an isolated SQ issue you should get a re ride)
If you report that the "zapping" isn't working on your link chair on FoP, are they supposed to give you a re-ride? I've had that happen a few times. The one time I told a CM they didn't seem to care much and I doubt they even reported it based upon their reaction. I told them the chair number.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If you report that the "zapping" isn't working on your link chair on FoP, are they supposed to give you a re-ride?
Is that the feels through the seat? It’s debatable you’d go again for that. It’s at the cast members discretion and how badly the experience is affected. It could also help to ask to go again after reporting something before you leave unload, but again only for something that could be deemed to affect the overall show and that would probably work if you rode again. I do speak up if I feel it’s needed, and would say 9 times out of 10 the CM is understanding and grateful for the report. Often they don’t know unless told, especially if it’s RV related.

Last edited:

DisneyCane

Is that the feels through the seat? It’s debatable you’d go again for that. It’s at the cast members discretion and how badly the experience is affected. It also doesn’t help to ask to go again after reporting something before you leave unload, but again for something that could be deemed to affect the overall show.
It's the "vibration" on your chest that's supposed to be getting zapped by electricity during the "connection" to the Avatar. When it doesn't work it isn't a huge detraction but it does remove a detail that helps to make the ride incredibly immersive.

It's not something I would escalate to guest services to get a re-ride over but the CMs should care enough to report it so it gets repaired. Somebody riding for the first time wouldn't know it was missing but they would have a better experience if it is working properly.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's the "vibration" on your chest that's supposed to be getting zapped by electricity during the "connection" to the Avatar. When it doesn't work it isn't a huge detraction but it does remove a detail that helps to make the ride incredibly immersive.

It's not something I would escalate to guest services to get a re-ride over but the CMs should care enough to report it so it gets repaired. Somebody riding for the first time wouldn't know it was missing but they would have a better experience if it is working properly.
I doubt it’s considered show critical (unlike say, no audio in a ride vehicle) but the CM should’ve logged it. Most do. The odd one couldn’t care less, much like in real life. I’ve had RVs flagged immediately, maintenance called for a critical effect, and also cast not bothered that an Ellen projector was part flagged or that all the work lights were on in Gran Fiesta.

Last edited:

Touchdown

I’ve heard Bill say “All right, let’s” and then it cuts off.
One year during HMH I heard the normal HM lines for the balcony leaving the seance room. Corey Burton does an amazing Paul Frees but hearing the two in quick succession it was fairly obvious. Audio was back to HMH in the attic.

celluloid

Test Track needs an overhaul...this ride system has always been fickle but seems even more so as it ages.
My wife rode with my son today and she said it was physically in the to great shape ever. The car jolted throughout the course that it was uncomfortable.

The Test Track retheme is one of the worst downgrades ever for not committing to keep the most basic premise to begin with and letting even simple projection timed effect fail.

TwilightZone

When I was on Test Track earlier today, the audio was glitching in my car and I could have sworn that I heard Bill McKim.
OK so this means it should be relatively easy for disney to bring back the old theme or at least do a retro night.
DO IT DISNEY I WOULD PAY MONEY FOR IT
shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

No Name

The old pre-show looks incredibly dated, but its premise is ingrained in the ride itself. Hopefully in the ride’s next update, hopefully 2027-ish, they return some semblance of plot to it. If not, I will become a billionaire, and do it myself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom