What do you think about the 7DMT?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I give up.
Your truth based opinion noted. ;)
I am looking forward to your critique of Moana in three years when its done.
There’s nothing to “give up”. I told you where the “demand” comes From. Starving volume of customers.

It’s not some fantastic ride. You always say Disney is indestructible…but sometimes it seems like you haven’t been to a park and observed anything going on for 20 years.

Skibum1970

The first half of the ride barely gets going before you're on the brakes into the show scene. I love the show scene but then, after a nice drop (for a family coaster), it seems that you are hitting the brakes by the cabin. The coaster has no time to establish itself. It's better than princess meet-n-greets but that is not setting the bar that high. They built up the swinging motion of the cars but I never notice it while riding. I remember the art that was shared showing the mine train's original layout and it was so much longer. It would have been a true E-Ticket instead of a C-ticket wrapped in an E-ticket's theme. Like some other rides (ex. Little Mermaid), it had so much promise but that promise was never fully delivered.

Naplesgolfer

The first half of the ride barely gets going before you're on the brakes into the show scene. I love the show scene but then, after a nice drop (for a family coaster), it seems that you are hitting the brakes by the cabin. The coaster has no time to establish itself. It's better than princess meet-n-greets but that is not setting the bar that high. They built up the swinging motion of the cars but I never notice it while riding. I remember the art that was shared showing the mine train's original layout and it was so much longer. It would have been a true E-Ticket instead of a C-ticket wrapped in an E-ticket's theme. Like some other rides (ex. Little Mermaid), it had so much promise but that promise was never fully delivered.
They shortened 7DMT and Navi river. Very foolish quarterly corporate earnings window dressing, that make for stunted rides that are around for 25-30 years.

Last edited:

WorldExplorer

I question the logic of having two mining themed, low thrill rollercoasters in the same theme park, but I guess I'm the idiot because obviously no one cares.

Anyway, it's nice. I don't and wouldn't stand in line for over an hour for it, but have gone on a few times when it's unusually short. Every time I do, it comes to a halt at the end, the carts wiggle a bit, and I go "oh yeah, these things are supposed to rock".

I'm a little sad I'll never get to try out Scary Adventures. I really enjoy unconventional creepy things.

Disstevefan1

There’s nothing to “give up”. I told you where the “demand” comes From. Starving volume of customers.

It’s not some fantastic ride. You always say Disney is indestructible…but sometimes it seems like you haven’t been to a park and observed anything going on for 20 years.
I said I give up. You win. There is no correct opinion but yours. The haven’t been to the parks in 20 years comment is just silly.

I am in to way an apologist for WDW as I have seen the decline over the years having purchased 3 APs for at least 13 years prior to the pandemic. My first visits were the early 90s, my wife family has been going since 1971.

Once the park pass reservation system was put in place, that was it for my family and APs

Our last visit was Dec 2019 ironically, a Hard ticket Christmas party even though we were APs

It’s still fun to (try) to exchange ideas with you even if I get slapped in the face when trying…

Married5Times

I question the logic of having two mining themed, low thrill rollercoasters in the same theme park,

I don't see Thunder Mnt. as a mining story per se. Thunder is about an out of control train(which isn't a mine trail) ride in the old west and hosts a few sub-themes: high desert animals, high desert landscapes, mining, cave exploration, unpredictable weather. But the mode of the different sub themed elements is mining.

So I do see where you're coming from-----there is a lot of mining going on from props and show scenes in the queue to an entire room devoted to it during the ride.

mergatroid

It's fun but wouldn't wait 30 mins+ to ride it, this in itself means I don't ride it often. I actually prefer Slinky as that has more of a whoosh factor.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I said I give up. You win. There is no correct opinion but yours. The haven’t been to the parks in 20 years comment is just silly.

I am in to way an apologist for WDW as I have seen the decline over the years having purchased 3 APs for at least 13 years prior to the pandemic. My first visits were the early 90s, my wife family has been going since 1971.

Once the park pass reservation system was put in place, that was it for my family and APs

Our last visit was Dec 2019 ironically, a Hard ticket Christmas party even though we were APs

It’s still fun to (try) to exchange ideas with you even if I get slapped in the face when trying…
It’s not a matter of “winning”…it’s meeting in the middle and agreeing on some details…and yes, agreeing to disagree.

Save the snit.

Andrew M

I loved this ride when I was able to get FPs for it. It's a fun family coaster, but it's just so short that I can't justify a 90+ minute wait for it, nor the LL price. Of course my kids love it so I'll end up caving and buying the LL eventually.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
The theming is great and it almost feels like being out on a coaster in the woods. It’s a happy ride. The whole family can ride and leave with big smiles on their faces. This was the only coaster my 72yo MIL was able to ride with us and the grandkids. Will always be a fantastic memory. Very charming ride to do together.

mattpeto

Top 5 out of 7?

And since they are going to 9 (if they damn feel like “getting around” to it)…guess it gets knocked out then, huh?

Definitely a 90 minute wait 👍🏻
You guys quoting me from February 2022 feels like it's 1948.

Space Mountain, Everest, Slinky would be my top 3. (I know Slinky - the Horror for some of you).

7DMT is still fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom