News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

cookiee_munster

This is as close you're gonna get to seeing what the show is like in real life without actually seeing it in person. He does the best at this.
I guess I'll have to wait until the full video is released. I watched it again the other day on another YouTube account, and I still think it's utter tripe.

There's just no emotion to it whatsoever.

And the awkward shaped rigs with the arms and the fountains sprouting out of them, it's just, so ugly...

Meh.

RSoxNo1

I think more upbeat songs across the board on Harmonious and Enchantment would help raise the bar on both shows.

I would be very surprised if Harmonious doesn't get the music remixed this year. With Enchantment, it's probably more likely they would just revert to Happily Ever After, potentially with upgrades on October 1st or January 1st.

Vinnie Mac

I guess I'll have to wait until the full video is released. I watched it again the other day on another YouTube account, and I still think it's utter tripe.

There's just no emotion to it whatsoever.

And the awkward shaped rigs with the arms and the fountains sprouting out of them, it's just, so ugly...

Meh.
I hold HarmonioUS as high as Happily Ever After in my heart and I originally thought HEA was the best thing ever.

Vinnie Mac

I think more upbeat songs across the board on Harmonious and Enchantment would help raise the bar on both shows.

I would be very surprised if Harmonious doesn't get the music remixed this year. With Enchantment, it's probably more likely they would just revert to Happily Ever After, potentially with upgrades on October 1st or January 1st.
I think HarmonioUS is getting a 2.0 update this year iirc. I was originally excited about this but I was looking back at some family videos of the show. Idk if I want it to change from its current form if the change is just gonna be exchanging IP's.

TTA94

I think HarmonioUS is getting a 2.0 update this year iirc. I was originally excited about this but I was looking back at some family videos of the show. Idk if I want it to change from its current form if the change is just gonna be exchanging IP's.

What exactly would 2.0 consist of? Would it include a brand new soundtrack or just some segments swapped out?

I know it won’t be what we all really want and that’s the removal of the barges lol.

Vinnie Mac

What exactly would 2.0 consist of? Would it include a brand new soundtrack or just some segments swapped out?

I know it won’t be what we all really want and that’s the removal of the barges lol.
Segments swapped out I'm sure. HarmonioUS is a very easily modifiable show. A lot of people want Coco to be swapped out with Encanto which I would hate. I like Encanto as much as the next guy but at least Coco's involvement actually makes sense thematically. "The music is my language and the world is mi familia" is essentially what HarmonioUS is about anyway. I'm not sure how a movie about generational trauma would fit into that mold.

Unless the show is getting more pyro, an inferno barge, an expanded harbor to store the barges, or some type of Illuminations comeback using the barge technology, then I don't want this "2.0". I love the current version of HarmonioUS. I've connected with it and I've even had family memories related to the show and I see that it has grown on people a lot (not everyone though). Though I was confident that an IP show about world unity would work (which in my eyes it did), it was still a shot in the dark for Disney. Why take two shots in the dark when most of the GP think that the initial product was great to begin with?

cookiee_munster

I hold HarmonioUS as high as Happily Ever After in my heart and I originally thought HEA was the best thing ever.
I totally respect that, I'm glad it resonates with yourself and many others beyond this forum.

One positive I can say is the production and execution is high up there in regard to it being a nighttime show. It's funny, I feel like Rivers of Light just wasn't enough, and this show I feel is just too much and could do with being pared down a bit.

TikibirdLand

I totally respect that, I'm glad it resonates with yourself and many others beyond this forum.

One positive I can say is the production and execution is high up there in regard to it being a nighttime show. It's funny, I feel like Rivers of Light just wasn't enough, and this show I feel is just too much and could do with being pared down a bit.
Has anyone viewed it from the side? Do you lose a lot by not being able to see that front water screen? Seems they set this show up for a single viewing angle...

Vinnie Mac

I've heard similar sentiment about the show. It makes sense, it is a pretty big jump from Illuminations which is more of a cinematic, slow-paced production. HarmonioUS is consistently bold and energetic and the finale ends off with a high point but an emotional high point. Illuminations is an emotional finale but it lets you down easy but HarmonioUS has a very energetic ending. It's just in your face... Literally.

That along with all the other effects would be a lot to digest for someone used to watching ROE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom