News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
FN5rjTIWYAI3JJ6.jpeg

Last edited:

dreday3

I mean, that looks nice for a resort on an actual tropical beach rather than a man-made lake you can't swim in! :D

But is more DVC actually needed at Polynesian? I guess so? Do hotels do better as DVC rather than cash rooms?

matt9112

I mean, that looks nice for a resort on an actual tropical beach rather than a man-made lake you can't swim in! :D

But is more DVC actually needed at Polynesian? I guess so?

Need depends....how many shares do you own? More DVC only serves one purpose.

dreday3

Define "sell"

You can sell a room for three nights to a family of four once, or you can sell a guaranteed three night stay for the next nearly 50 years plus dues and assessments.

You be the judge as to which one Disney prefers.

Seems the answer is DVC is better in the long run.

I just didn't know, I don't know all that much about DVC. I thought it wasn't selling lately but probably misunderstood what I was reading.

2024 seems ambitious for Disney! :D

Brian

Seems the answer is DVC is better in the long run.

I just didn't know, I don't know all that much about DVC. I thought it wasn't selling lately but probably misunderstood what I was reading.
Sorry if my original post came across as snarky. It was not intended that way.

But yes, DVC is absolutely a profitable venture for them. Not only do they guarantee dues/assessments to maintain their own facilities that would otherwise be the liability of the company (see Port Orleans, for example), but they also somewhat guarantee repeat visitation over the length of the membership, effectively allowing guests to purchase loyalty to the company. Sure, you can use the points in a timeshare exchange, but more often than not, folks are coming to WDW or DLR to spend more money on admission, food and merchandise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom