News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker in NYC

Rules are rules…and people should shut up and follow the damn rules.

no army soldiers said “why should I have to go on that beach If I don’t want to?” Off Omaha on 6/4/44
I love the narrative that’s popped up over the last two years embracing crowds over rules. Remember when people all shared the same distaste for having a stroller rear-end them? Now it seems that’s as exhilarating as a trip to Hobby Lobby. Crowds are life! We’re all in one glorious liberated mosh pit. I’d like to buy the world a coke. Nope… y’all can mash together like hippies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I love the narrative that’s popped up over the last two years embracing crowds over rules. Remember when people all shared the same distaste for having a stroller rear-end them? Now it seems that’s as exhilarating as a trip to Hobby Lobby. Crowds are life! We’re all in one glorious liberated mosh pit. I’d like to buy the world a coke. Nope… y’all can mash together like hippies.
My epitaph for this entire 2 year ordeal here (and opinions vary) is: “every excuse/misdirection under the sun by privileged people that couldn’t equate a real life event imposing on their obsession with going to “their Disney”…and some hypochondriacs😎

…bout covers it 👍🏻

Parker in NYC

My epitaph for this entire 2 year ordeal here (and opinions vary) is: “every excuse/misdirection under the sun by privileged people that couldn’t equate a real life event imposing on their obsession with going to “their Disney”…and some hypochondriacs😎

…bout covers it 👍🏻
Mic drop. Also, I’m glad I made it into that last bit. Privileged hypochondriac, sums it up.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Adherence to the mask policy on the monorail was hardly 100% as it was. When I was there in December there was an entire monorail car packed with people not wearing their masks. It's not like there's a CM on the trains to enforce it.
I don’t disagree at all. This one is just stickier because it’s federal law they are required to enforce not their own policy they want to implement. My guess is they’ll have lots of announcements about the requirements from above but not have CM’s aggressively enforce it since far too many guests will not even show up with a mask. If TSA doesn’’t extend the masking rule it’s only for a few weeks.

Last edited:

sullyinMT

They might…but I don’t know if private transportation systems qualify?
They must - or at least someone in legal thinks they do. In October, Uni didn’t even try to enforce masks on their transportation when indoor masks were optional. So I’m not sure which situation is “more right.”

FWIW, my boys’ school system went mask optional this week but was clear to point out that they were still required on buses due to the TSA rule. Public school system with third party bussing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They must - or at least someone in legal thinks they do. In October, Uni didn’t even try to enforce masks on their transportation when indoor masks were optional. So I’m not sure which situation is “more right.”

FWIW, my boys’ school system went mask optional this week but was clear to point out that they were still required on buses due to the TSA rule. Public school system with third party bussing.
It’s all coffee house nonsense at this point…but wdw transportation is technically not “public” transport…even if anyone and their brother can go on it in practice

HairyChest

831198CC-1008-4644-B7A4-4586F2CE47CE.gif

ToTBellHop

I don't think Disney believes it is bad PR anymore. They're not really trying to bury it. They just chose the timing to coincide with California dropping the mandate. That's it.
They know it is bad PR for some and purposely held back WDW to avoid being in the headlines for WDW and then Disneyland. WDW wanted this last Friday.

Obviously, they weren’t waiting for Russia nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom