News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

yensidtlaw1969

T

“Once infected, vaccinated people seem to transmit COVID similarly to unvaccinated people” - In a November press conference, Tedros Ghebreyesus, the director-general of the WHO, said that the vaccines were 60 percent protectiveagainst spreading the virus prior to the arrival of the delta variant. That number has dropped to 40 percent post-Delta.- source Scienctifict American

Viral Loads Similar Between Vaccinated and Unvaccinated People - UC Davis​

So you may not be as right as you think you are!
The key phrase in that article is "prior to the Delta Variant". This information is specifically in reference to the Delta Variant, which did not exist when the vaccines were being formulated. It doesn't speak for all variants and should not be referenced to suggest the vaccine does nothing to slow the spread. The article states quantifiably that it does, just not so much with Delta, which makes sense since they weren't designed to defend against it because it didn't exist yet.

DisnEdely

Once on the monorail there no stopping people from taking off their masks. With buses and boats the driver/captain is in the passenger cabin and can call those out who drop the mask after boarding.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Straight from Universal's website.

Are face coverings required on resort transportation?
We encourage guests who are not fully vaccinated to wear face coverings on resort transportation. Face coverings are optional for guests who are fully vaccinated.
I believe the lesser rule is a result of the dramatically smaller size of the fleet. WDW has transportation systems the scale of many small to medium cities which makes them subject to TSA and NTSB guidelines.

Parker in NYC

I Ubered several times last trip and was not asked to wear one . Driver didn’t wear them either. My college student Ubers constantly and neither riders or drivers are wearing mask. It may be a requirement by the company but in our region it’s not being followed .
I’d have reported them and proudly signed my name, Karen with the GOOD hair.

StarWarsGirl

I Ubered several times last trip and was not asked to wear one . Driver didn’t wear them either. My college student Ubers constantly and neither riders or drivers are wearing mask. It may be a requirement by the company but in our region it’s not being followed .
Lyft drivers will ask you to wear them based on my experience. My uncle drives for Uber and has denied passengers rides because of refusal to wear masks, though it's few and far between here in Maryland because most of us just wear them without complaining.

Parker in NYC

Hopefully the TSA doesn’t feel the need to extend the current guidelines past March. I know there will be a great cheer across the land when masks are no longer required on airplanes
Can’t wait to inhale those cheers. It’ll bring tears to my eyes. God bless us every one.

Reactions: CJR

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hahahahahaha! Looks like gramma and the gang gonna be hightailing it down to Orlando after waitin for them masks to be lifted. Oh, and Staten Island. Can’t wait for the wait times to explode even further.

We’ll see.
Lol…Staten Island.

i always thought spirit should have opened a private airport that flies only to Orlando in asbury park to service only Staten Island and Tom’s River Nj 😂

Chip Chipperson

I expect there will be a lot of people who ‘miss’ that continued masking requirement on transportion and will not even bring one to the parks when they go triggering a new round of battles for CM’s to push compliance on transportation.

Adherence to the mask policy on the monorail was hardly 100% as it was. When I was there in December there was an entire monorail car packed with people not wearing their masks. It's not like there's a CM on the trains to enforce it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lyft drivers will ask you to wear them based on my experience. My uncle drives for Uber and has denied passengers rides because of refusal to wear masks, though it's few and far between here in Maryland because most of us just wear them without complaining.
Rules are rules…and people should shut up and follow the damn rules.

no army soldiers said “why should I have to go on that beach If I don’t want to?” Off Omaha on 6/4/44

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom