News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

marymarypoppins

Disney has announced masks will become optional indoors for vaccinated guests beginning February 17th.

Masks will still be required on all enclosed transportation.

Why do they even bother with the “fully vaccinated “ part? So silly.
Yes I guess they missed the memo that just like the unvaccinated the vaccinated can also spread and catch covid at about the same rates. I am living proof of that!

DisneyDreamer08

Yes I guess they missed the memo that just like the unvaccinated the vaccinated can also spread and catch covid at about the same rates. I am living proof of that!
It’s not like they’re checking vaccination status. The people who want to, will wear them. They people who don’t, won’t. Vaccination status doesn’t matter when you can essentially do what you want.

yensidtlaw1969

That's not true and one person is certainly not enough to prove that. Vaccinated people are able to be infected and spread infection, but it has been proved many times over they do so at a significantly lower rate and carry a statistically lower viral load. You're less likely to get sick from a vaccinated person, and likely to get less sick if you do.

To tie this back to the announcement, I wish I had any confidence that unvaccinated people will use honor system and wear masks while in the parks. Disney has to know that people will be taking this as permission to simply pretend to be vaccinated.

Purduevian

A few things.

1-The Cases/#'s are higher now than they were in July when they brought them back. That tells me that the court of public opinion carries more weight that the CDC's numbers do, at least now they do.

2-Can we guess how long the masks will be optional for vaxxed guests going forward?
1- The trend is significantly different than back in July, we are in a large downswing vs upswing

2- I don't think they would ever stop someone from wearing a mask? Unless you are asking how long until it will be required again, in which case lets hope never

drnilescrane

Just got the following email blast from Disney:

COVID‑19 has been a constantly evolving situation, and for nearly two years, we’ve been very intentional and gradual in our approach to COVID‑19 health and safety protocols. Given recent community trends and the availability of vaccines, we are positioned to responsibly adjust our health and safety protocols for fully vaccinated Guests. Beginning Thursday, February 17, the following health and safety updates will be in place at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.

Face coverings will be optional for fully vaccinated Guests in both outdoor and indoor locations. Guests who are not fully vaccinated are expected to continue wearing face coverings in all indoor locations, including indoor attractions and theaters. Face coverings are still required by all Guests (ages 2 and up) on enclosed Disney transportation, including Disney buses, monorails, and Disney Skyliner.

Slight problem: at the time they sent this they hadn't announced a change in policy at DLR.

Should be obvious why this wasn't announced yesterday as planned.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I expect there will be a lot of people who ‘miss’ that continued masking requirement on transportion and will not even bring one to the parks when they go triggering a new round of battles for CM’s to push compliance on transportation.
I don’t get it…completely silly to even bother with lip service on it now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom