News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark52479

LOL I'll believe it when I see it at this point. It wouldn't happen on a Tuesday I wouldn't think.
Pure guessing here,

But I think there are 2 dates it would happen, either tonight and taking effect tomorrow because of the mandate ending in California today.

or

Sometime next week.

I highly doubt it will still be in place for the opening of Starcruiser.

correcaminos

Pure guessing here,

But I think there are 2 dates it would happen, either tonight and taking effect tomorrow because of the mandate ending in California today.

or

Sometime next week.

I highly doubt it will still be in place for the opening of Starcruiser.
This is the only reason why I think they'll drop it before March 1st. Can you imagine doing that masked all the time? I mean not the end of the world but something like that asking people to repeat because you cannot hear would kind of suck.

But since I am going mid-March I do wonder my luck ;) But today I only spent 2 hours scheduling DAS so who knows....

Mark52479

There is lots of talk saying Disney wanted to have the same rules at both Disney World and Disneyland. They want it as uniformed as possible.

Tomorrow is the first chance they have at doing that. So now we wait and see.....

Purduevian

After watching the Superbowl last night where the majority were not wearing masks, with a supposed mask mandate for all in attendance in place. I suspect that park goers and hotel guests will start behaving in the same manner over the coming days. People have had enough and they are going to have hound me to wear a mask next week when we are there.
Regardless of if you agree with the mask mandate or not, please don't make extra work for the CMs. If you can't follow the rules, stay home or go somewhere else. You might not agree with the rules, but Disney is a private business and can set their own rules as they want. CMs are not paid nearly enough to "hound" you into following the rules.

Lilofan

Regardless of if you agree with the mask mandate or not, please don't make extra work for the CMs. If you can't follow the rules, stay home or go somewhere else. You might not agree with the rules, but Disney is a private business and can set their own rules as they want. CMs are not paid nearly enough to "hound" you into following the rules.
The CMs are probably just as frustrated. On a near empty plane I was in recently the United pilot got in the intercom expressing his tiredness of wearing masks but he advised all on board, we don't make the rules but we are here to enforce it. Fortunately no Karens were on board trying to be an #@% and test the airline policy.

Jdn0018

I'm totally anti-mask and anti-mask mandate but totally agree with this. Disney sets the rules and you either follow them or go somewhere else. Don't make somebody's job miserable because you refuse to follow a private company's rules.

VelocityRaptor

I'm totally anti-mask and anti-mask mandate but totally agree with this. Disney sets the rules and you either follow them or go somewhere else. Don't make somebody's job miserable because you refuse to follow a private company's rules.
That’s how I feel. Seems like every ride I go on now, the people all around take their masks off as soon as the ride starts. I sit there wanting to take it off but I respect Disneys rules and keep it on. But it really is annoying seeing so many people who disrespect the rules

marymarypoppins

That’s how I feel. Seems like every ride I go on now, the people all around take their masks off as soon as the ride starts. I sit there wanting to take it off but I respect Disneys rules and keep it on. But it really is annoying seeing so many people who disrespect the rules
I noticed that as well and kind of feel the same way but I did take a few breathers on rides like Haunted Mansion when I am alone with just my travel party .

Trauma

This is the only reason why I think they'll drop it before March 1st. Can you imagine doing that masked all the time? I mean not the end of the world but something like that asking people to repeat because you cannot hear would kind of suck.

But since I am going mid-March I do wonder my luck ;) But today I only spent 2 hours scheduling DAS so who knows....
What?

Only 2 hours!!!

I spent 7 hours when I did it!

Did you LL it?

MagicHappens1971

So what percentage of students would you estimate wear the masks?
0. That’s being slightly dramatic but I’d say less than 10%, and a large majority of the students are out partying all the time in wall to wall crowds in clubs. Right after Halloween we had a dramatic increase in covid & flu cases, literally every single person I know had covid or the flu at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom