News EPCOT International Festival of the Arts 2022

castlecake2.0

To pretend they don't have the means to track how many items a guest has purchased is ludicrous.
It’s not that simple, I’ve worked several product releases over my time and guests always find a way around these restrictions. Different IDs, different forms of payment, different admissions media. I totally agree that resellers suck, but it’s also hard for cast to enforce much more than “X per person” at the point of sale.

TomboyJanet

Quite the opposite. It shows them addicted fans will pour out money for junk themed to rides they demolished a generation ago. Who needs to offer quality when suckers will shell out for memories of quality that has been gone for decades?
I think it's at least an indication that figment is popular and may save him from being removed from the park. It's possible they have an Imagination ride idea on the backburner and are simply waiting for enough money to make it really good.

Fido Chuckwagon

It’s not that simple, I’ve worked several product releases over my time and guests always find a way around these restrictions. Different IDs, different forms of payment, different admissions media. I totally agree that resellers suck, but it’s also hard for cast to enforce much more than “X per person” at the point of sale.
I mean, it’s a limited entry park that requires an admission ticket…. Making the guests scan a ticket when making the purchase and limiting it to two purchases per ticket would be trivially easy.

DCBaker

Premium Member

Here are the instructions from MDE -

IMG_BBB374391819-1.jpeg

JohnD

sounds like a great idea to use a system like this as a way to try and give the fans a good shot at getting popular merchandise without the guest giving up their entire day in a queue!

Until the system gets jammed as it did on 10/1 when trying to make real mobile orders for food. Will resellers jam up the system to get more buckets to resell? We'll just have to see.

cmwade77

The mobile ordering helps with this, two per person and the system won't allow more. They have also in recent months been tracking down duplicate accounts and making people merge them.

cmwade77

Until the system gets jammed as it did on 10/1 when trying to make real mobile orders for food. Will resellers jam up the system to get more buckets to resell? We'll just have to see.
It will be hard for them to do so, it is enacting a strict limit of two per person, we will find out if the limit resets tomorrow, but they are saying it shouldn't. It is really two per person.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Got my 2 last night. I mobile ordered from home around 10am - you should have to be in the park to order IMO - for pick-up at 845p last night. I walked right into world showplace and got them. ZERO wait.

Noticed this morning, once you get your limit of 2, the option to mobile order disappears from your MDE account.

EDIT: they're not available today which is why they're not showing up in MDE

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Got my 2 last night. I mobile ordered from home around 10am - you should have to be in the park to order IMO - for pick-up at 845p last night. I walked right into world showplace and got them. ZERO wait. Noticed this morning, once you get your limit of 2, the option to mobile order disappears from your MDE account.

There was a sold out message in MDE later in the evening yesterday and today the option to mobile order is not there for anyone (currently at least) -

FLmVFWcWYAIYf0Y.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom