News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyboy97o

Someone should have explained that to the leaders then when they went on and on about the vaccines preventing infection. We have been down this road before, people wanting to change history and ignoring what was actually being told to us...how that message was being delivered to the people. As others have said over and over, things did change as new variants popped up but that doesn't negate the initial messaging on vaccines, up until about delta. This pretending that infection prevention was never a component of the vaccines is still laughable, even more so when it gets repeated..
I don’t care if people declared that the sky is green. The errors of others do not give you license to knowingly repeated information that is false.

ToTBellHop

Will people, though? Doubt it considering this has come up multiple times...
Any rational person will admit messaging out of the 44 and 45 administrations (including the CDC and FDA) has been horrendous. I think even the administrations understand it. Politicians do not understand science and are extremely adept at telling half-truths, stretching the truth, and outright lying. The politicization of the FDA and CDC, however, is disturbing.

They’ll get it right during the next pandemic, I’m sure.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I don’t care if people declared that the sky is green. The errors of others do not give you license to knowingly repeated information that is false.
Then call out the CDC and our leaders for lying to us about what the COVID vaccines do if you think you are right.

ToTBellHop

Then call out the CDC and our leaders for lying to us about what the COVID vaccines do if you think you are right.
They have been called out here, on social media, and by news media. Sometimes to their faces during an interview. I expected the CDC to become more adept at writing policy based upon science starting in January 2021 and have been let down. It’s very disappointing.

DisneyHead123

The inflammation you speak of that could maybe lead to stroke or heart attack if severe and over time damaging the heart due to not seeking treatment, is not the same level as a risk from any mRNA vaccine.

People love to google and try to link answers. Then out of fear they spread more fear. This is a bad chain reaction.

I do agree with you on we suck at assessing risks. As in we don't understand truly how rare things are. Then our minds run with it.
I see both sides here, I do. I balk at the idea of suppressing information in the slightest, but in the era we currently live in I’ve also seen how people can misinterpret facts or take them out of context leading to mass panic and horrible consequences. And how some people make a lot of money trafficking in this kind of thing on blogs and podcasts.

I still fall on the side of freedom of information in spite of the consequences - this is just too important in the end. Setting a precedent where lies “for your own good” or suppressing information happens is still the bigger danger. However, I think we should be screaming from the rooftops about important factors like relative risk. And acknowledging that freedom of information is not free - in fact it has many casualties, tragically, people who are scared into making poor choices. So I think it’s ok to speak honestly about potential vaccine side effects - but to always, ALWAYS add caveats about relative risks. Heart problems from Covid are a much bigger risk than myocarditis from a vaccine.

marymarypoppins

Your quote from the CDC director says the vaccines don’t prevent spread.

As for POTUS, it’s not an excuse but he has no Ph.D. or M.D. and was talking out of his alien swirling saucer to exude confidence as a politician. Again, not an excuse. At best, he didn’t understand the science as a non-scientist. Middle ground: he exaggerated the truth. Worst case: he outright lied to maintain power. All 3 are problematic but I don’t go to politicians or journalists for my science. Actual scientific knowledge is rather esoteric which is why most people should just get a good doctor and listen to him or her.
I highlighted the important words like ANYMORE! I guess I should have highlighted “can’t do” as well!

“but what they can’t do anymore is prevent transmission”

Last edited:

marymarypoppins

You accuse others of being set and ignoring facts when that is exactly what you keep doing. How vaccines work and your misunderstanding has repeatedly been explained to you, but you continue to repeat your claims.
Again not how they initially sold it so so you can stick to your coivd crisis talking points but the majority of Americans are moving on! ! It wasn’t too long ago like yesteday people on this very thread were still blaming unvaccinated Americans for the spread ! Join in or get left behind the choice is yours!

correcaminos

I see both sides here, I do. I balk at the idea of suppressing information in the slightest, but in the era we currently live in I’ve also seen how people can misinterpret facts or take them out of context leading to mass panic and horrible consequences. And how some people make a lot of money trafficking in this kind of thing on blogs and podcasts.

I still fall on the side of freedom of information in spite of the consequences - this is just too important in the end. Setting a precedent where lies “for your own good” or suppressing information happens is still the bigger danger. However, I think we should be screaming from the rooftops about important factors like relative risk. And acknowledging that freedom of information is not free - in fact it has many casualties, tragically, people who are scared into making poor choices. So I think it’s ok to speak honestly about potential vaccine side effects - but to always, ALWAYS add caveats about relative risks. Heart problems from Covid are a much bigger risk than myocarditis from a vaccine.
We can agree to disagree. I don't like supressing facts, I have no issues supressing intentionally misleading information much like I have no issues with someone getting in trouble for calling out fire when there isn't one. I have no issues calling out wrong information even with best intents. I'm tired of giving them a platform.

lazyboy97o

Again not how they initially sold it so so you can stick to your coivd crisis talking points but the majority of Americans are moving on! ! It wasn’t too long ago like yesteday people on this very thread were still blaming unvaccinated Americans for the spread ! Join in or get left behind the choice is yours!
Again, that is irrelevant to you continuing to push false information. How vaccines have always worked has been explained. That transmissibility is not binary has been explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom