News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

TP2000

This is no different than any of the other behind-the-scenes shots of what's being worked on. It's very obviously not meant to be advertisement for the attraction, but, a fun reveal for fans who don't mind spoilers.

I've got to disagree with you on that. This project is different (or was supposed to be different), before the bad publicity began 90 days ago. But now this project has garnered so much negative buzz, generated mostly from the fan community of all things, that they need to be very careful. Mr. Vahle's latest photo isn't being careful, it's being sloppy and clueless.

Any photo or media about the Galactic Starcruiser released a few weeks before opening by a senior Disney executive is going to be shared widely to keep the Likes and Subscribes coming for all the screaming critics on Social Media right now. I'm shocked Mr. Vahle and his team don't know that.

That level of pre-opening PR failure no longer allows them the luxury of faux-fun Selfie's with the unthemed crew. That Mr. Vahle and his team don't realize that current reality is more troubling than the actual photo itself.

jinx8402

Yes but an RV actually looks like a passenger auto.

6246-Greyhawk-29MV-3-4.png

Does it? Take off the sleeper alcove and remove the windows and what do you have? A box that is driven by a truck front end. Or in other words a box truck.

draybook

RV's aren't hyped up nor do most of them cost $4-6k BASE to rent for less than 48 hours.

Seriously, you can look at the transportation AND the reported itinerary and not at least chuckle, much less scoff? This "experience" looks like quite the joke, but they aren't using my money as part of the punchline, that's for sure.

JoeCamel

6246-Greyhawk-29MV-3-4.png

Does it? Take off the sleeper alcove and remove the windows and what do you have? A box that is driven by a truck front end. Or in other words a box truck.
Except this one is articulated with a cab and trailer like a luxo horse trailer. The trailer rides on a 5th wheel on the cab so it can be turned.

jinx8402

RV's aren't hyped up nor do most of them cost $4-6k BASE to rent for less than 48 hours.

Seriously, you can look at the transportation AND the reported itinerary and not at least chuckle, much less scoff? This "experience" looks like quite the joke, but they aren't using my money as part of the punchline, that's for sure.
From an actual visitors perspective, what's the difference between this and a bus that has no windows that everyone was expecting? How is the box, which is going to be themed on the inside any worst than what the bus would have been? I have 0 care about the outside of the vehicle, as no guest will ever see the outside of the vehicle, unless they find spy photos of the backstage like we are discussing.

TP2000

Something tells me Uni is saving this one for the right time

I've been very impressed with Universal's fun and spunky Social Media presence the past few years. And the way they poke fun at the pompous and sclerotic Disney of today is often hysterical! 🤣

That said, if Universal Studios uses that fabulous SNL skit from 45 years ago to poke fun of the Galactic Starcruiser, my appreciation for them will go through the roof!

(And I miss that wonderful era of SNL, who also seems confined by rigid culture and take themselves a bit too seriously today.)

draybook

From an actual visitors perspective, what's the difference between this and a bus that has no windows that everyone was expecting? How is the box, which is going to be themed on the inside any worst than what the bus would have been? I have 0 care about the outside of the vehicle, as no guest will ever see the outside of the vehicle, unless they find spy photos of the backstage like we are discussing.

Are you paying 6 grand to ride that bus? If you are, I'll come down there and drive you around in a 2015 Explorer for half that price and you'll have it all to yourself.

Also, the itinerary looks lame as can be. It seriously looks like the lineup of events I'd expect to see at a local anime/comic convention.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom