News EPCOT International Festival of the Arts 2022

ppete1975

I was thinking that because there’s easily manipulated park exits, if someone’s walking out with 15 instead of two, you just confiscate them and refund them for the excess. It would be a pain at first but would likely make it much more difficult for the resellers and at least discourage many. And continue the confiscation of APs that they were doing for a little while.
Im not sure that legal. The only thing disney can do is limit how many you can buy at checkout. I guess they could ban you. But thats opening them up to lawsuits (technically the ebayers aren’t doing anything wrong) and horrible pr.

ImperfectPixie

Im not sure that legal. The only thing disney can do is limit how many you can buy at checkout. I guess they could ban you. But thats opening them up to lawsuits (technically the ebayers aren’t doing anything wrong) and horrible pr.
It states right on the back of APs that using them for such purposes is prohibited. By using that AP, the person agrees to the rules, and risks losing that AP by violating them.

ppete1975

If they sufficiently stocked their stores and websites, this isn't a problem. Scalping is only an issue when there's scarcity. Current supply chain issues may make certain things scarce beyond Disney's control, but making an item scarce only drives up demand even more in situations like this.
Exactly what i said before. Overproduce and sell at multiple locations. The costs are already dropping on ebay. You reduce demand and increase supply. Now that might be harder currently than-in the past.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It states right on the back of APs that using them for such purposes is prohibited. By using that AP, the person agrees to the rules, and risks losing that AP by violating them.
They can cancel an AP for this…true. I think the point was they really can’t do anything about sales manipulation of in park product.

but again…do they even want the APs? Especially assuming they’re mostly locals?

do they want someone who is there to try and make the rent off eBay resells…which doesn’t do much for disney…or would they rather have someone there that buys 1 and then heads over to space 220 for a $300 lunch with a retail cost of about $50?

honest questions

TomboyJanet

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They can cancel an AP for this…true. I think the point was they really can’t do anything about sales manipulation of in park product.

but again…do they even want the APs? Especially assuming they’re mostly locals?

do they want someone who is there to try and make the rent off eBay resells…which doesn’t do much for disney…or would they rather have someone there that buys 1 and then heads over to space 220 for a $300 lunch with a retail cost of about $50?

honest questions

I’d wager there’s a fair number of AP’s that visit at least 2 or 3 times in a year and do multiple days in the parks. Canceling the eBay scum resellers AP’s doesn’t impact their bottom line at all.

But I’d really like to know how exactly they are getting 10-20+ Figment buckets when the posted limit is 2 per. They have 10 other people in line with them? CM’s not enforcing the limit?

Jcf8037

I bet most of them don’t have all the receipts. Require showing them like they do at big box stores. It clearly states you’re only allowed two. If you have twenty, you did something against the company’s rules. I’d be willing to bet it’s not illegal to rectify that by giving them their money back.

castlecake2.0

I’d wager there’s a fair number of AP’s that visit at least 2 or 3 times in a year and do multiple days in the parks. Canceling the eBay scum resellers AP’s doesn’t impact their bottom line at all.

But I’d really like to know how exactly they are getting 10-20+ Figment buckets when the posted limit is 2 per. They have 10 other people in line with them? CM’s not enforcing the limit?
Being in merch I can tell you guests come up with all sorts of crazy things to get around purchase limits. The more the company tries to enforce the crazier the guests get. Usually they use their children and say their 2 month old baby asleep in the stroller is also buying one of the limited items. Or parent 1 will wait in line with kids while parent 2 joins further back. Parent 1 and children all get their item max, parent 1 holds onto the items while the kids now go wait with parent 2 to once again go purchase the item max. It’s super annoying and Cast try their best to stop it but also I’m not getting into a fight over it anymore, that ship sailed after getting spit at about an Elsa dress.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom