Entertainment News

TikibirdLand

Indeed. The men look like they're about to take your Applebee's order, and the women look like they're bridesmaids in a wedding in which the bride is making sure she's the only one that looks good.

Also, with the exception of the one woman with the darker blue (they don't match with one another!!), none of the blues or reds match the hue and saturation of the U.S. flag. 🙄
Like the bride always says: It'll look great on you! Here's a dress you can wear for other occasions.

My wife has several of those in our closet!

natatomic

Hmm... that doesn’t sound promising. I guess we can’t sing classic american songs in the American Adventure anymore?
Yeah, they’re trying to have more modern songs and get rid of some of the older Americana - there are a handful of songs that won’t be coming back. I think the main line of reasoning was that certain songs, and maybe even the colonial look, is becoming too…“problematic.” 🙄

but I do think these costumes are temporary until they get the new ones made. But don’t ask me why they can’t use the old ones until the new ones come in. I can’t think of any new singers in the group that didn’t already have a costume assigned to them. Edited: but now my husband tells me he thinks they’re permanent. He’d know better than I, but who knows.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hmm... that doesn’t sound promising. I guess we can’t sing classic american songs in the American Adventure anymore?

What, Moon River isn't an American classic? I hear the kids love it! Olivia Rodrigo will be singing it at the next Disney gala!!

Yeah, they’re trying to have more modern songs and get rid of some of the older Americana - there are a handful of songs that won’t be coming back. I think the main line of reasoning was that certain songs, and maybe even the colonial look, is becoming too…“problematic.” 🙄

Well, yes, some of the old Americana songs I was taught in grade school are indeed problematic because the original lyrics were just out and out racist, like Swanee River and O Susanna. (Someone needs to tell the 4th of July fireworks at MK about that.) Oopsie.

Goofyernmost

Well, it only stands to reason, the two things that I always relied on to be stable and make me proud, WDW and our Country, has let me down. Maybe those folks are right. When you get older the thing to do is quickly die off because identity becomes terribly confusing. 😞

TrainsOfDisney

Well, yes, some of the old Americana songs I was taught in grade school are indeed problematic because the original lyrics were just out and out racist, like Swanee River and O Susanna. (Someone needs to tell the 4th of July fireworks at MK about that.) Oopsie.

Both of those songs were regularly performed by the voices.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Bob would like them to instead sing beloved Disney classics like “What Made the Red Man Red?”, “We are Siamese”, “Arabian Nights”, and “Uncle Remus Said” because “everybody loves Disney songs!”

He really is a creative genius, just a notch below the all-time best, Bob Iger! 😂

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Bob would like them to instead sing beloved Disney classics like “What Made the Red Man Red?”, “We are Siamese”, “Arabian Nights”, and “Uncle Remus Said” because “everybody loves Disney songs!”
Sad thing is (and people pointed it out in the Harmonious thread), 'Arabian Nights' is indeed being performed as part of Harmonious. Oopsie.

natatomic

I’m guessing they won’t be able to sing the national anthem either since some of the original lyrics are questionable. :p
They already cut the “penny” speech from “My Country ‘Tis of Thee” after a guest wrote a letter complaining about the “in God we trust“ portion. It only takes one person to complain for Disney to cancel something.

TrainsOfDisney

They already cut the “penny” speech from “My Country ‘Tis of Thee” after a guest wrote a letter complaining about the “in God we trust“ portion. It only takes one person to complain for Disney to cancel something.
Are you kidding me!? The penny does say in god we trust!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom