Revenge of the Mummy extended refurbishment

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Revenge of the Mummy is now closed until "late summer 2022". Though little has been said by Universal about what changes are coming, we do have some clues.

- Upgrades to ride system and ride mechanics: likely
- Track replacement - possible but maybe only in some sections
- Enhancements to show elements - probable
- Removal of "movie set" theming to tighten up the story: possible

Lora Baines Bradley

As someone who has been getting into UO lore and inside jokes after getting burned by Disney too many times, I really hope they don’t change the plot. Would it be for the better? Definitely, because nobody waits long enough or pays enough attention to get the exposition. the “coffee” line made 0 sense when I rode it for the first time.

Now, I absolutely love Mummy for its campiness (rode it 7 times in a day before closure) and because I love the MGM esque theming. I can understand if they axe the theming, but i will still be very sad if they do.

GuyFawkes

You can't axe the theming. It's not a great coaster on it's own. It all goes together into a good attraction, they are mated till death.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
You can't axe the theming. It's not a great coaster on it's own. It all goes together into a good attraction, they are mated till death.

Specifically the rumor is about removing the "movie set" theming only. Universal and Disney have been moving away from this for a while with their studio parks. People don't want to step into a movie set, they want to step into the real environment of the films. The film I posted mentions that only a few minor tweaks to the ride itself would be needed to remove references to it being a movie set.

Unfortunately it would probably mean losing the "cup of coffee" line. However I think if they put a prominent Easter egg reference, it would soften the blow if it was gone.

UpAllNight

Gosh this park misses and needs the Mummy back. Islands is fantastic but USF…it’s in bad shape right now. Worst park in Orlando, which is painful to say.

Love Gringotts and a soft spot for MIB & ET but once you’ve blasted through them, which is easy done early on…youch. Bourne is great too though.

Spent about 5 x more time at Islands

Last edited:

cheezbat

Gosh this park misses and needs the Mummy back. Islands is fantastic but USF…it’s in bad shape right now. Worst park in Orlando, which is painful to say.

Love Gringotts and a soft spell for MIB & ET but once you’ve blasted through them, which is easy done early on…youch. Bourne is great too though.

Spent about 5 x more time at Islands
Yeah. Studios needs lots of love. It really has lost its identity. I’d like to see Rip Ride Rockit trashed and replaced with something far better. Same for Fast and furious….and then of course there’s all of KidZone….

Used to be the best in orlando.

007mickey

It's been several years since we've been to Uni but they used to have lockers outside in the plaza area. Does anybody know if they were removed with this refurbishment or were they removed prior to refurb? Or maybe they are coming back and just haven't been put back? Sure looks nice without them in the plaza though.

lazyboy97o

It's been several years since we've been to Uni but they used to have lockers outside in the plaza area. Does anybody know if they were removed with this refurbishment or were they removed prior to refurb? Or maybe they are coming back and just haven't been put back? Sure looks nice without them in the plaza though.
They were moved inside a few years ago.

JoeCamel

They moved them inside the extended queue but with the refurbishment they might need it too

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom