News EPCOT International Festival of the Arts 2022

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
My favorite festival!

The Broadway concerts, with the exception of the corny canned dialogue (seriously...these are all stage performers- let them banter off the cuff), are my favorite of the free concerts on property.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

It's weird that they're ending it just before President's Day week this year. That week is always hugely crowded and now there will be less for people to do. (This is a change from prior years: up through and including last year, the Festival ended after President's Day week.)

We'll be at Universal from 2/20-25 and were considering hopping over to Disney for a couple days later in the week (2/20 and 2/21, when the Festival will still be going on, won't work with our schedule) to use some complimentary tickets. I'll be sorry to miss the Festival of the Arts this time around.

ToTBellHop

It's weird that they're ending it just before President's Day week this year. That week is always hugely crowded and now there will be less for people to do. (This is a change from prior years: up through and including last year, the Festival ended after President's Day week.)

We'll be at Universal from 2/20-25 and were considering hopping over to Disney for a couple days later in the week (2/20 and 2/21, when the Festival will still be going on, won't work with our schedule) to use some complimentary tickets. I'll be sorry to miss the Festival of the Arts this time around.
Well, they start F&G around 3/1 and need a week to switch. Isn’t it usually 6 weekends like this? Pres. Day is just the latest it can possibly be.

Weather_Lady

Well, they start F&G around 3/1 and need a week to switch. Isn’t it usually 6 weekends like this? Pres. Day is just the latest it can possibly be.
The Festivals can start and end anytime Disney wants them to. I'm just surprised they're not taking account of projected crowds in their Festival schedule determinations: they're putting themselves in a position where they have to tear down a festival, transition, and set up a new one during the worst and most crowded week possible.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Guess there is no word if they are doing seminars like they did prior to 2020? Really enjoyed listening to the artists speak about their work and drawing a bit ourselves too.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Remember when there used to be people at F&G who talked about…what is it called? Gardening?
I think you're getting Festival of the Arts (Jan-Feb) mixed up with Food and Garden (Mar- Jun).

Guess there is no word if they are doing seminars like they did prior to 2020? Really enjoyed listening to the artists speak about their work and drawing a bit ourselves too.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I went presidents week in 2019, and Festival of the Arts was still ongoing the whole week. It ended the following Monday (week after Presidents week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom