News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

No Name

We know others have toured the inside of the ride and I think we’ve heard of people riding the actual vehicles (albeit without the total ride show) so it seems extremely likely that he got some behind the scene look at Cosmic Rewind. Maybe he even is playing a role in fine tuning the storyline.
Agreed. Even if that wasn’t his primary reason for visiting, I’d be surprised if he had no business with the ride at all.

Casper Gutman

Kinda unrelated, but Kevin Feige was spotted at Epcot recently lol

It’s always dangerous to boil a corporations performance, so dependent on hundreds of people as well as external cultural, political, and economic forces, down to one person, but… without Feige, Disney would be in a much, much, much worse situation and the cracks and flaws in the company would be far more obvious. It’s only a slight exaggeration to say he’s as vital to the health of the company as Walt was in his last decades. When he steps away (hopefully not for a long time), Disney’s fortunes will change immensely.

ImperfectPixie

It’s always dangerous to boil a corporations performance, so dependent on hundreds of people as well as external cultural, political, and economic forces, down to one person, but… without Feige, Disney would be in a much, much, much worse situation and the cracks and flaws in the company would be far more obvious. It’s only a slight exaggeration to say he’s as vital to the health of the company as Walt was in his last decades. When he steps away (hopefully not for a long time), Disney’s fortunes will change immensely.
They need to put Filoni and Favreau in charge of Star Wars and ditch Kathleen Kennedy. She's just not the right person for the job.

ETA: Which would round out their studio performance instead of having Marvel as the only Golden Goose.

Casper Gutman

They need to put Filoni and Favreau in charge of Star Wars and ditch Kathleen Kennedy. She's just not the right person for the job.

ETA: Which would round out their studio performance instead of having Marvel as the only Golden Goose.
I’m not going to get into that debate, but even with nearly perfect producers it is almost impossible Star Wars would become truly comparable to the MCU. It is very, very difficult to express just how extraordinary and revolutionary Feige’s success has been.

ImperfectPixie

I’m not going to get into that debate, but even with nearly perfect producers it is almost impossible Star Wars would become truly comparable to the MCU. It is very, very difficult to express just how extraordinary and revolutionary Feige’s success has been.
Oh, I get it. See my response in the other thread. Feige is as successful as he is because he loves the product and understands the target market because HE IS the target market (I read a while ago that all he's ever wanted to do is make Marvel movies). Which is why I said what I said about Filoni and Favreau - they're the Star Wars versions of Feige.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Latest pics from Guardians

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy_Full_45891.jpg

Thelazer

They need to be concerned with those "Skinny" walkway pole lights installed around the future world / into world showcase area.. the light level is so low over there that you easily trip and walk into stuff. The area lights DO NOT downlight the walkways.

How that got past safety is beyond me.

Also the big ball washes out most of future world anyways.

Vinnie Mac

There are concerns about the night lighting package on this being washed out/ diminished by SSE’s new lights (which already illuminate the west half of the façade).
I didn't even think about this. I guess myself and pretty much everyone else was so in awe of how pretty SSE looked with the lights that nobody really noticed it pretty much washes over everything around it.

I'm sure the lighting package for Guardians will still look decent but I definitely see the SSE lights being an issue. Would be happy to proved wrong

Vinnie Mac

They need to be concerned with those "Skinny" walkway pole lights installed around the future world / into world showcase area.. the light level is so low over there that you easily trip and walk into stuff. The area lights DO NOT downlight the walkways.

How that got past safety is beyond me.

Also the big ball washes out most of future world anyways.
I wonder if the lower lighting is connected to the Guardians-SSE lighting package issue. Maybe Disney decided that it would be even worse with brighter path lights? I noticed the dim lighting in that area on my most recent trip. Wasn't bad to the point where I felt unsafe to walk in but it was still noticeable

trainplane3

There are concerns about the night lighting package on this being washed out/ diminished by SSE’s new lights (which already illuminate the west half of the façade).
I gotta ask, what else is planned for the the buildings lighting? They ditched some of the lighting already on it. Are the "solar panels" going to light up at least? The ribs surely aren't and the front doesn't seem to have anything great setup for it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom