ONE LITTLE SPARK 3: THE SPARK SQUAD - HYPE/DISCUSSION/NONSENSE THREAD!!!

Suchomimus

There’s only two days of 2021 left:
E8r7hdxX0AAYlR_.jpg

There’s only two days until 2022:
5ldhxh40n7761.jpg

There’s only 365 days in 2022:
KsHHnyu.jpg

ThemeParkPriest

Wondering how DinoLand U.S.A. could be re-imagined? @danheaton of The Tomorrow Society discusses this in his most recent podcast. I thought you might enjoy!
Of course it would be interesting to have the exercise of re-designing Dinoland USA in some sort of a team competition game (again), but as I see it:

People generally like Dinosaur the ride. Maybe re-name it back to Countdown to Extinction so it is more clear as to what the ride is about.
I’d be in favor of keeping the land as is or re-theming it to prehistoric creatures (one of the suggestions was to put in a Horizons style ride where guests could choose which animal they could bring to life).
Change up the plants and other landscaping so you really feel like you’ve gone to another world when you enter land
Add a family coaster to the land
Other possibilities: another dark ride (perhaps in the Theater) and some other ride for children

JokersWild

Hey guys. Sorry for the lack of Nintendo updates. I’ve been super busy and super exhausted. I’ll go into more detail once I get home. Tiki and I are planning on doing a trip report podcast in a few days as well, if anyone is interested.

To keep things short, I was thoroughly impressed by Super Nintendo World. Not only did it really bring me into the world of the Mushroom Kingdom; it also surprisingly brought me into the game itself.
620ADA82-2841-4551-ADCE-22AF90343DD8.jpeg
There’s so much interactivity throughout the land that it’s almost overwhelming. The Power Bands, while a little oversized, are absolutely a must to really experience the land. Purchasing a Power Band allows you to play the land’s “game” where you can collect coins, power-ups, and about 140 achievements. The main attraction of the Power Band experience is 5 mini games scattered throughout the land that can be played to win key coins. These games can be lost as well, so there are some stakes. Win three key coins and you can fight Bowser Jr. in a proper walkthrough game experience. The Power Band can also be used on Mario Kart, primarily for coins and achievements.
B42D8610-9C13-42D2-A94C-AA2ACF203BA4.jpeg

4B450B32-448A-47CA-8FD0-4A8285FB8BD5.jpeg

Mario Kart is really hard to describe, but it’s a pretty worth successor to the classic shooting dark ride. The AR adds a ton to the experience, but it makes each scene a little busy and sometimes they characters in the visor can be a bit too transparent to really sell the effect. I think it’s most effective right at the end during
Rainbow Road.
The game has a bunch of secrets as well like hidden blocks and a drifting mechanic that’s not really explained in the preshows. After two rides, I can decidedly say that I really enjoy it. It’s not my favorite and it might be a bit too ahead of its time to really achieve what it’s trying to, but it really does make you feel like you’re in Mario Kart.

Food was absolutely fantastic. I’m interested to see how it gets adapted to the US parks as the food is pretty Japanese, but everything I ate was delicious and had top notch presentation.
DE468817-8BC9-47DE-A344-4B44E538A825.jpeg

That’s it for now. I have a ton of other pictures I could share, but I thought I’d keep this post simple. I can write s post about the rest of the park as well if you guys are interested.

spacemt354

Chili's
Look mom, I started a thing!
I'm curious what your top ones are as those will be on my watch list when they start streaming

I didn't see many movies this year (I think less than 10) so there's no need for a list. But I did just see Don't Look Up I saw it had mixed reviews, am definitely on the 'liked' it side, I thought it was really funny and ironically relevant.

This image feels like it's going to be a new meme if it isn't already
Dont-Look-Up-Netflix-has-released-the-first-trailer-and-980x400.jpg

Chaos Cat

I'm curious what your top ones are as those will be on my watch list when they start streaming

I didn't see many movies this year (I think less than 10) so there's no need for a list. But I did just see Don't Look Up I saw it had mixed reviews, am definitely on the 'liked' it side, I thought it was really funny and ironically relevant.

This image feels like it's going to be a new meme if it isn't already
Dont-Look-Up-Netflix-has-released-the-first-trailer-and-980x400.jpg
I did a thing.

5zktet.jpg

PerGron

So today is the worst day I’ve had in a long time

tcool123

Look mom, I started a thing!
Not gonna be anywhere near as detailed as your list Tiki but taking inspiration (and using Letterboxd) here’s every movie I saw (released in 2021) ranked!

E21D2042-0B8C-4DDA-851D-BCC755A5FC1F.jpeg

C89604BE-EB49-4F3A-BB73-3A9FE7347DF7.jpeg

Some films I have yet to see but am interested in: Being the Ricardos, Eyes of Tammy Faye and Everyone’s Talking About Jaime amongst a few others I’m sure I’m forgetting at the moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom