Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

Thank you. I hope your family member is doing well.
Thanks.... trying new therapies for their blood cancer. I'll be honest it's been difficult being 1000 miles away with stubborn family. Good news they are now moving 2500 miles away in the middle of the spike while dealing with a partially collapsed lung and moving to family who is quite out of touch with reality (sarcasm on good news). So their health is on them as they are not being wise with care. They're moving without doctors lined up. My spouse will be traveling in Feb likely to say goodbye just in case... May your issues be far easier than ours.

Diamond Dot

If you tune into the local channels in FL, the commercials are usually Morgan and Morgan.. and how much was I awarded in my lawsuit.. etc..
I have Pluto TV on my Amazon Firestick and having Surfshark I can have my VPN set for Orlando, so I get Todd Miner all the time. When I'm on my holiday over there it always seems to be Dan Newlin.
I'm so sad, I miss my US trips so much I actually enjoy all the US ads I see on Pluto, especially the insurance ones, Progressive, Geico and Liberty Mutual are so funny! Limu Emu and Doug🤣

drizgirl

Thanks.... trying new therapies for their blood cancer. I'll be honest it's been difficult being 1000 miles away with stubborn family. Good news they are now moving 2500 miles away in the middle of the spike while dealing with a partially collapsed lung and moving to family who is quite out of touch with reality (sarcasm on good news). So their health is on them as they are not being wise with care. They're moving without doctors lined up. My spouse will be traveling in Feb likely to say goodbye just in case... May your issues be far easier than ours.
That's a lot. So hard to watch the crazy choices when the world is going crazy on its own. I'm sorry.

So far my mom's has been pretty straight forward. But she's 81 and my dad is 88 so it's a lot to deal with. She very much needs to get this treatment phase behind her. She wanted so badly to get everyone together. I'm sad she couldn't have that, but relieved that she put it off for now. I honestly don't know the right answers. But any delay in treatment would have been awful on so many levels. Everyone assumes that everyone has endless time to sit this out. And they don't. It's a delicate balance, full of very different choices for different people. My parents don't have that many family gathering opportunities left in life.

mmascari

If true, we should all go maskless*?

*in consultation with one's primary care provider
I’m confident there is no need to consult a doctor to learn that the risks from getting a booster are many times smaller than the risks of catching Omicron. Even mild.

Get vaccinated, get the booster, do it the easy way.

PS: When do we stop calling it a booster and just the required last (for now) dose in the vaccine course? Until we need more than the tetanus course, I’m thinking of it as just normal, not some special extra doses.

correcaminos

That's a lot. So hard to watch the crazy choices when the world is going crazy on its own. I'm sorry.

So far my mom's has been pretty straight forward. But she's 81 and my dad is 88 so it's a lot to deal with. She very much needs to get this treatment phase behind her. She wanted so badly to get everyone together. I'm sad she couldn't have that, but relieved that she put it off for now. I honestly don't know the right answers. But any delay in treatment would have been awful on so many levels. Everyone assumes that everyone has endless time to sit this out. And they don't. It's a delicate balance, full of very different choices for different people. My parents don't have that many family gathering opportunities left in life.
I didn't want you to think their issues are health or really covid related. Have hope that your mom's story will end well.

I think it sounds like you made the right choice too. It is a balancing act for sure. Hopefully you can have a delayed gathering once treatments have been started.

correcaminos

I’m confident there is no need to consult a doctor to learn that the risks from getting a booster are many times smaller than the risks of catching Omicron. Even mild.

Get vaccinated, get the booster, do it the easy way.

PS: When do we stop calling it a booster and just the required last (for now) dose in the vaccine course? Until we need more than the tetanus course, I’m thinking of it as just normal, not some special extra doses.
Moderna's 3rd dose is different from the other two for most. It is more of a booster. That said some immune compromised did get a 3rd full dose of Moderna. Also kids are not required yet or known so until we know the schedule I get why it's called a booster.

drizgirl

I didn't want you to think their issues are health or really covid related. Have hope that your mom's story will end well.

I think it sounds like you made the right choice too. It is a balancing act for sure. Hopefully you can have a delayed gathering once treatments have been started.
Thanks. It was kind of hard because they were pretty determined to go ahead, then cancelled after I gave them an update on how Omicron was behaving with vaccinated and boosted people. And had to tell them our fully vaccinated son had an exposure a week before, and had a remote possibility of exposing us. It was just a big old mess of remote possibilities of maybe this or that happening. We volunteered to bow out completely but they still cancelled. Then I had a big old fight with my sister we might never come back from.

It's all just so damn complicated. But I still feel very strongly that people should be able to make these hard decisions for themselves.

Incomudro

We’ll maybe you can be the one to explain how this is actually achieved.
In today's world almost no one really needs to go out for anything.
Groceries can be delivered, as well as take out, clothes ad shoes can be ordered, cars purchased...
If I believed myself t be particularly vulnerable, I wouldn't go out.
I often puzzled at people double masked, gloved, and splash shielded while in the supermarket.
What are you doing here?
Seriously, people believed they were at that big a risk but relied on their shoddily assembled home made hazmat suits to protect them.
They trusted that barrier.
If I thought the outside world was that risky, I wouldn't venture out into it.
Stay home, and order in.

lazyboy97o

In today's world almost no one really needs to go out for anything.
Groceries can be delivered, as well as take out, clothes ad shoes can be ordered, cars purchased...
If I believed myself t be particularly vulnerable, I wouldn't go out.
I often puzzled at people double masked, gloved, and splash shielded while in the supermarket.
What are you doing here?
Seriously, people believed they were at that big a risk but relied on their shoddily assembled home made hazmat suits to protect them.
They trusted that barrier.
If I thought the outside world was that risky, I wouldn't venture out into it.
Stay home, and order in.
Deliveries are not available everywhere, require a certain level of technology to be available and cost more (and I know, you have nothing but scorn and contempt for those dirty poors who don’t live near a grocery stores). People who are more vulnerable tend to have medical issues which means some level of care needs to be available.

This still ignores the issue of huge numbers of people just being out sick everywhere else.

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

Let nature run its course and protect the most vulnerable.
“Let’s Go Santa”?!?! Freaking seriously??? As if anyone with at least one functional brain cell can’t figure out what you mean by that, particularly with what just happened in the news and particularly since you were so outspoken in your views on the now defunct political board. Totally outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom