VGF Expansion/Sales

nicb88

Original Poster
I was just curious as to when DVC plan on putting the expanded points on sale for the Big Pine Key conversions. I realise that people have been speculating a lot on other sites but wondered if anyone here knew?

i<3riviera

the new 2023 VGF point charts have a fun tidbit as a footnote ...
The new Resort Studio accommodations will be available for booking in Spring 2022.

... booking (so opening possibly still months away) or staying (opening for guests) isn't quite clear; I'm hoping the later

also, I've been playing around with view counts for VGF2 and thought I'd share what I've come up with (right or wrong!) ...
  • 28 dst (theme park)
  • 90 dsp (lake) being optimistic about no tree obstructions
  • 84 dss (garden)
... which would mean +1,779,844 points (+71% to VGF); if I'm wrong on the dsp / dss split, for every dsp you move to dss, subtract 1,513 points

I don't quite follow the current views of the existing Big Pine Key hotel rooms (credit to @CastAStone who shared these with me), even after looking it up on touringplans.com ...
  • 28 theme park 👍
  • 58 lake view, sure if you consider some are obstructed
  • 107 garden view, 84 pool side + obstructed lake side
  • 5 deluxe garden view, I think these are the tower / turret rooms but there are only 4
  • 1b garden view, 5th floor (top, center and one bay left when looking at entrance) will be 2x dss (garden)
  • 2b lake view, 5th floor (top, center three bays) will be 3x dsp (lake)
but the math for total rooms works out, even if the views are off ... 202 = 28 + 58 + 107 + 5 4 + 2x 1 + 3x 1 = 28 + 90 + 84

a few notes about the building ...
  1. next to the main entrance (pool side) and from the 1st to 5th floor there is a column of bays that looks to be for housekeeping so there are no rooms
  2. the ground floor of the tower / turret is also a cast member area
  3. on the lake side, the center section has an exit / balcony of some sort that knocks out the center room on the ground floor
so what do you all think, will they cut down the trees to increase the number of lake view rooms? or just call them lake view anyway?

1638650272023.png

1638650287105.png

1638650294716.png

nickys

Premium Member
the new 2023 VGF point charts have a fun tidbit as a footnote ...

... booking (so opening possibly still months away) or staying (opening for guests) isn't quite clear; I'm hoping the later

also, I've been playing around with view counts for VGF2 and thought I'd share what I've come up with (right or wrong!) ...
  • 28 dst (theme park)
  • 90 dsp (lake) being optimistic about no tree obstructions
  • 84 dss (garden)
... which would mean +1,779,844 points (+71% to VGF); if I'm wrong on the dsp / dss split, for every dsp you move to dss, subtract 1,513 points

I don't quite follow the current views of the existing Big Pine Key hotel rooms (credit to @CastAStone who shared these with me), even after looking it up on touringplans.com ...
  • 28 theme park 👍
  • 58 lake view, sure if you consider some are obstructed
  • 107 garden view, 84 pool side + obstructed lake side
  • 5 deluxe garden view, I think these are the tower / turret rooms but there are only 4
  • 1b garden view, 5th floor (top, center and one bay left when looking at entrance) will be 2x dss (garden)
  • 2b lake view, 5th floor (top, center three bays) will be 3x dsp (lake)
but the math for total rooms works out, even if the views are off ... 202 = 28 + 58 + 107 + 5 4 + 2x 1 + 3x 1 = 28 + 90 + 84

a few notes about the building ...
  1. next to the main entrance (pool side) and from the 1st to 5th floor there is a column of bays that looks to be for housekeeping so there are no rooms
  2. the ground floor of the tower / turret is also a cast member area
  3. on the lake side, the center section has an exit / balcony of some sort that knocks out the center room on the ground floor
so what do you all think, will they cut down the trees to increase the number of lake view rooms? or just call them lake view anyway?

View attachment 604937
View attachment 604938
View attachment 604939
Can I ask what your acronyms stand for?
So I take it now everybody will be competing for those 4 turret rooms that have the extra space...sigh.
I doubt those will be a separate booking category, so they’ll be a request only.

correcaminos

striker1064

Doesn't PVB have the problem of the first floor Moorea Lake View rooms having a Bungalow view instead of the lake? I would guess they leave the trees and call it LV anyway.

correcaminos

Doesn't PVB have the problem of the first floor Moorea Lake View rooms having a Bungalow view instead of the lake? I would guess they leave the trees and call it LV anyway.
Some do. Some have lake and some have half and half. Since it's not easy to exactly say which was which they were able labeled as LV.

nickys

Premium Member
On TP the only floor that doesn't seem to use those areas for rooms is the 1st floor

Wouldn't be the first time different shaped rooms are brought in like that (CCV has a few, even BRV has a few)
I had a look and I’m not seeing “Deluxe Garden View - Outer Building” as a room option.

I can see Garden View - Outer Building, but that could be any building and any garden view room. That’s why I asked if those were definitely in Big Pine Key. If anyone would know I would think @Tuvalu might.

I also wouldn’t take the TP viewfinder as gospel, it all depends on what people report, and extrapolation from there.

I guess we’ll just have to see what happens. Either way, I doubt they’ll be a separate category, since they’ve already released the points charts.

correcaminos

I had a look and I’m not seeing “Deluxe Garden View - Outer Building” as a room option.

I can see Garden View - Outer Building, but that could be any building and any garden view room. That’s why I asked if those were definitely in Big Pine Key. If anyone would know I would think @Tuvalu might.

I also wouldn’t take the TP viewfinder as gospel, it all depends on what people report, and extrapolation from there.

I guess we’ll just have to see what happens. Either way, I doubt they’ll be a separate category, since they’ve already released the points charts.
I wouldn't take TP as gospel either but there are views from the supposed rooms. I'm not a GF hotel gal so I know very little about the rooms. Gave the link more as maybe they are? But given what they did with CCV conversion I too doubt a booking category that's separate. Tbh I have no real care as these types of rooms wouldn't be what I book unless I needed one night only. Even then I'd rather OKW

correcaminos

Just to add here is a comment from 4th floor room on TP

saraieo on 1/1/21 says:
I stayed in this room in Nov 2020 - and it's a true gem. It's a tower room, with the sofa bed in its own seating area, with a second smaller flat screen, and the private balcony. While the sofa bed isn't the most comfy thing for an adult, this view and this room were perfect for three grown women. It's a definite recommend for a party of up to 5

I do believe they exist. Just that they won’t be a separate booking category.

i<3riviera

Can I ask what your acronyms stand for?
sure thing ...
  • VGF The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • VGF2 the upcoming expansion of VGF into the Big Pine Key building
  • you knew those already though! ;)
  • ds deluxe studio
  • 1b one bedroom
  • 2b two bedroom
  • 2b-lo two bedroom lock-off
  • 3b
  • __t (e.g. dst) theme park view
  • __p (e.g. dsp) preferred, for VGF it's lake view, for others it varies (e.g. AKV savanna)
  • __s (e.g. dss) standard, for all resorts it's standard, for resorts with no categories it's the only one (e.g. Beach Club)
it is nomenclature I've seen around for describing DVC villas that I've found quite useful

There are no rooms in the turret. It’s for housekeeping.
they aren't today but who knows if they'll change that for the sake of equity; I doubt they would but you never know

below is the building from the outside (courtesy Google Maps) where you can see the third floor room next to the tower is a windowless wall indicating it's where the housekeeping storage is; also, on the third and fourth floor you can see the tower rooms have a door onto the adjacent balcony so those rooms not only have a tower, but they still have a balcony; pretty nice!

1640122437933.png
https://goo.gl/maps/L4YTvQLiabHP4r6R8

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom