I miss Disney Quest

muddyrivers

I used to love spending an hour or so at the arcade at Port Orleans Riverside. They used to have this tank driving game and a large 18 Wheeler arcade cabinet which were so much fun to play!

JIMINYCR

We enjoyed DQ years ago... but it was so very loud and crowded. There was no guarantee that the game you wanted to play would be open because there was no time limit on someone hogging it forever. But at least you had many levels of games to move on to play. DQ had its time and quickly over ran its relevancy. The games became outdated and not attractive to the newer generation of players. Weve spent time in the resort arcades only when we're done in the parks or if its being a very bad stormy day that limits park time. I'm not paying prime money to Disney to sit in an arcade and play games.

JIMINYCR

Which is one of the reasons I liked it. I played a lot in the 80's, so it was fun to revisit the games decades later that were no longer popular (Robotron, Missile Command, etc) to see if I still had the muscle memory.
I enjoyed the older stuff too, and enjoyed playing them too. The issue was Disney wasnt counting on DQ attracting adults as much as they needed to drive the kids in and keep them coming. Sadly they didnt keep their interest with games over time that could do that.

Cmdr_Crimson

Still hoping there is source loops swimming around of the music of Disneyquest..the Ventureport and fifth floor loops were the best ones...Like this one that was done..

jonnyc

I loved DisneyQuest - it combined very nicely with the Downtown Disney check-in service that Virgin Atlantic offered to become a last day of the trip tradition before heading to the airport.

I'd love to see an updated version return, including an updated CyberSpace Mountain and dedicated retro games areas.

graphite1326

Disney Quest was awesome. Not having a worldly amount of WDW experience under my belt, where is the best arcade on WDW property?!
Loved the pirate ship ride and the ride where you went to another planet to rescue people while being attacked by aliens. The announcement at the end was that the President wanted to greet us. Never met the President though.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Loved the pirate ship ride and the ride wear you went to another planet to rescue people while being attacked by aliens. The announcement at the end was that the President wanted to greet us. Never met the President though.
This does bring up the question if this was cannon to the former Tomorrowland attraction as it seems Chairmen Clench made it to Earth when the teleportation went awry..Unless this is before said incidents.

thomas998

All they had to do was keep it updated and it would still be an amazing place for familys.
I think it could have been viable if they had simply maintained the games they had. I know the couple of time we went there when it was open my daughter and I decided to just go games and see if we could find any where everything still worked. A dozen games and not a single one that still worked properly.

Was pretty sad. I worked in an arcade when I was in high school in the 80's and it isn't difficult to keep a game working. Mostly times it comes down to replacing a button or joy stick that will take less than 30 minutes to do. I doubt some of the Disney Quest games had ever even been opened since they moved them in. The maintenance of the stuff was simply pathetic.

tanc

Disney can do some really amazing VR with what we how nowadays but I doubt they will want to do it.

Cmdr_Crimson

Disney can do some really amazing VR with what we how nowadays but I doubt they will want to do it.
Oh, they tried and It failed....
skjdnf103-613x490.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom