Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jrb1979

The 2nd point is true you are right about that. But as far as the first point I made I was more or less talking about stacking in terms of how it is impacting ride availability. That is what the poster(s) is saying as a solution in terms of making the Genie + work better. But like you said, it might make sense to prioritize some of those rides if it means you want to make sure you fit it in before a dining reservation etc. And I do agree, yes there is nothing wrong at all with stacking those rides if that's what you want to do as a paid Genie + guest. I might find myself doing the same thing after my first ride.
I'm not against stacking per say. The problem is there isn't enough capacity for Genie+ to work. Since a high enough price increase is coming to limit how many buy it and enough new attractions aren't coming either, the only way to make it work is to limit how many LL people can hold at one time. Limiting it to 2 opens more availability to everyone.

nickys

Premium Member
And there was a hack that some people were stacking rides anyway that was an advanced method and a loophole that Disney already halted.
It was only a “hack” in the sense that it wasn’t working the way Disney intended it to work - otherwise they wouldn’t have changed it.

Everyone could use it if they noticed that they were allowed to book another G+ ride. There was nothing you had to “do”, no work around involved, in order to book the next ride. You booked the next one like every other one.

gerarar

Premium Member
Slow day today? I pull up the tip board for HS and SDD had a slot for 1pm. Cannot see why. Its Saturday of a holiday weekend.
Must be. For the last 3 days the VQ for Rat lasted only 4 seconds, and the 7am drop actually lasted longer than the 1pm drop for all 3 days.

Now today, the drops lasted 11 and 33 seconds respectively. Big drop in demand it seems like.

G00fyDad

Just saw this on a Facebook G$ discussion site and I thought it was too funny to not share.
FB_IMG_1638060607302.jpg

RSoxNo1

Heading to MK later today for the first day of our trip. 7 people in the party, 4 with length of stay tickets 3 with APs. The length of stay tickets pre-purchased Genie+, but I can’t buy it for the APs.
When I logged into the App at 12:01 and went to My Genie Day it brought up our plan for the day.
The purple bar for genie+ just highlights features and will not allow me to purchase for the AP holders…

3A86D30C-F03D-41FC-A7F9-41B98299F747.png

Thepuma

So...arrived in Orlando and now our first Disney day. Opened up the app and wow, what a real mess - how confusing and how difficult to use.

All I wanted to do was make a LL+ reservation for Ratatouille...jeez

1)I have to go through all this My Disney Day...Tip board....

2)then defaults to Hollywood studios so I have to amend it to Epcot (all taking time)..

3)then it gives me recommendations (don't care).

4)..then go to edit my selections (haven't made any)...

5)click who is in my party.

6)..then I have a list of ALL attraction - ffs I just want to buy a LL+ for Ratatouille!!!!...toggle down to try and find RAT...(while unticking all the other rides because my sole purpose is getting RAT)

7)it then asks me for my favourites...(again I don't care, I just want to make a reservation ffs.)

8) Then asks about height restrictions? Again dont care....

then my Internet is slow so I get a 'no Internet message' so put me back tk the start of the process!!

Do 1,2 ,3,4,5,6,7,8 again

9) then asks if I want to (be ripped off...sorry buy) Genie Plus at $30 for my party)

Honestly....what on earth is this rubbish? I used to be a boss on FP+ but this system obviously is a total disaster.

I dread to think how families will get on with it, or anyone who's never visited Disney before.

It's a total shambles...confusing...horrendously long winded.

Luckily, haven seen how complicated snd long winded it is...I have to decided to save myself about $400 for our trio by ditching the whole thing and going in the stand by queues.

Whoever designed the passed this horrific system at Disney should be totally ashamed of themselves. A 3 year old could have designed a better system.

Oh well...thats our Disney days totally ruined as we will be waiting forever in long long queues

To be honest we have an unlimited 14 day pass for Orlando so we may not ever bother with any Disney Parks and just do Universals, Busch Gardens a few times and Sea World.

Bitterly disappointed...but hey, if it was Disneys sold purpose to reduce number by p1ssing paying customers off then they have done a damn good job.

matt9112

Non-resort guest. Got slinky for 9:45 and then rise just now for later this evening. The later via Disney wifi, which was pleasing.

Certainly the thanksgiving crowds have decreased.

So it's what 30ish bucks PP more to enjoy studios now? Raising ticket prices has never been more convoluted. Or is the angle you get a discount if you dont like rides? 🤣🤣

gerarar

Premium Member
So...arrived in Orlando and now our first Disney day. Opened up the app and wow, what a real mess - how confusing and how difficult to use.

All I wanted to do was make a LL+ reservation for Ratatouille...jeez

1)I have to go through all this My Disney Day...Tip board....

2)then defaults to Hollywood studios so I have to amend it to Epcot (all taking time)..

3)then it gives me recommendations (don't care).

4)..then go to edit my selections (haven't made any)...

5)click who is in my party.

6)..then I have a list of ALL attraction - ffs I just want to buy a LL+ for Ratatouille!!!!...toggle down to try and find RAT...(while unticking all the other rides because my sole purpose is getting RAT)

7)it then asks me for my favourites...(again I don't care, I just want to make a reservation ffs.)

8) Then asks about height restrictions? Again dont care....

then my Internet is slow so I get a 'no Internet message' so put me back tk the start of the process!!

Do 1,2 ,3,4,5,6,7,8 again

9) then asks if I want to (be ripped off...sorry buy) Genie Plus at $30 for my party)

Honestly....what on earth is this rubbish? I used to be a boss on FP+ but this system obviously is a total disaster.

I dread to think how families will get on with it, or anyone who's never visited Disney before.

It's a total shambles...confusing...horrendously long winded.

Luckily, haven seen how complicated snd long winded it is...I have to decided to save myself about $400 for our trio by ditching the whole thing and going in the stand by queues.

Whoever designed the passed this horrific system at Disney should be totally ashamed of themselves. A 3 year old could have designed a better system.

Oh well...thats our Disney days totally ruined as we will be waiting forever in long long queues

To be honest we have an unlimited 14 day pass for Orlando so we may not ever bother with any Disney Parks and just do Universals, Busch Gardens a few times and Sea World.

Bitterly disappointed...but hey, if it was Disneys sold purpose to reduce number by p1ssing paying customers off then they have done a damn good job.
Not sure if you were looking out, but the VQ drop for Rat today lasted 13 secs for the 7am drop and 24 mins for the 1pm drop.

Of course this may not be ideal for your use case (like if your reserved park day was for HS and not Epcot), but it’s better then paying for the ride..

jpinkc

Well we just got back and Genie+ wont be in our future. We got ZERO rides at Epcot, we got 1 ride at HS, Magic Kingdom was somewhat better we got HM ,Big Thunder. We waited for the 2 other rides, wait times were always longer than posted. We also had to cancel our dinner reservation at HS because the only time offered for Rise was within 5 min of our dinner reservation( and that was for an ILL). This system is a broken joke.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Well we just got back and Genie+ wont be in our future. We got ZERO rides at Epcot, we got 1 ride at HS, Magic Kingdom was somewhat better we got HM ,Big Thunder. We waited for the 2 other rides, wait times were always longer than posted. We also had to cancel our dinner reservation at HS because the only time offered for Rise was within 5 min of our dinner reservation( and that was for an ILL). This system is a broken joke.

Strictly out of curiosity, was this all the same day? I’m confused how you would get zero rides in a single day?

Waters Back Side

Sorry to hear that it did not work out for you. You certainly are not the first one and will not be the last either. I'll soon find out myself on New Years week. However, I cannot imagine a scenario where you got zero rides at Epcot...was Genie + not functioning properly? I mean maybe not Test Track, but Soarin had availability until Noon almost daily this past holiday week.

Purduevian

Really curious how this happened to you...

Maybe TT and Soarin sell out early at EPCOT, but you really should be able to get the others

AT DHS, I haven't heard of anyone saying all the rides were sold out by 11am. SDD and MFSR sure. And MAYBE ToT and RNRC. but no way TSMM, ST, and Alien were sold out at 11

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom