Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpcoTim

Ugh, in other news, marching bands from all over the country (and I assume that includes the unvaccinated areas) have invaded NYC in advance of Thursday’s parade, and they’re all cramming onto the subways in giant groups, mostly maskless, including the chaperones, totally ignoring the rule that you have to wear a face covering to ride public transportation. God forbid a state they are visiting should impose on their free-dumbs in any way. We’re never getting out of this.
So get the vaccine and get on with your life.

Chip Chipperson

Ok the individuals decision on how to combat the virus? Handle the virus? Protect oneself from the virus? All of which I think you understood what I ment. The vaccines are obviously a debatable topic, in which why we have the reluctance. There is far more science going on than just the mainstream Fauci team. You can choose to do that route and no one is denying your right to it.

You don't protect yourself from a virus by catching the virus.

Also, anything is "debatable" if you find someone willing to play Devil's Advocate. There is plenty of evidence to show that the vaccines are effective and safe. Millions and millions of people have been vaccinated in the US alone and there are no widespread severe complications or long-term side effects. The most common vaccine side effects (fever, headache, tiredness, muscle aches) are less severe and shorter in duration than they are from the virus - and also aren't contagious. Even myocarditis is much more common in COVID-19 patients than it is ad a side effect of the vaccine.

DonniePeverley

Mentally draining as this is, we have little option to wait.

But the rhetoric coming out from politicians is a tad worrying. Don't have a good feeling about this one.

nickys

Premium Member
That literally makes no sense. Without genomic sequencing you haven't got a clue what variant is in the population.
I’ve linked to a BBC article which has this statement:

This variant seems to give quirky results (known as an S-gene dropout) in the standard tests and that can be used to track the variant without doing a full genetic analysis.

I won’t pretend I know what this S-gene dropout actually is, but it is good news for identifying cases and tracking its spread.

The quote is found in the section underneath the video about variants.

RoadiJeff

You don't protect yourself from a virus by catching the virus.

Also, anything is "debatable" if you find someone willing to play Devil's Advocate. There is plenty of evidence to show that the vaccines are effective and safe. Millions and millions of people have been vaccinated in the US alone and there are no widespread severe complications or long-term side effects. The most common vaccine side effects (fever, headache, tiredness, muscle aches) are less severe and shorter in duration than they are from the virus - and also aren't contagious. Even myocarditis is much more common in COVID-19 patients than it is ad a side effect of the vaccine.
Although at least one person tried with less than satisfactory results.

Lilofan

Far from being an expert in Greek, but it looks like the WHO skipped over 2 letters???
The other option was " Xi " but there could be some discussion since it is the name of the person that runs the country that approx 75% of our meds come from and where SHDL is . So to perhaps play it safe, enter the word " Omicron".

Heppenheimer

Although at least one person tried with less than satisfactory results.

If only there were a safe and effective alternative way to prep your immune system. One that over a billion people have used. Oh well, I guess people will need to continue "doing their own research" via the rigourous coursework offered from Facebook University...or, would that now be "Meta University"?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The other option was " Xi " but there could be some discussion since it is the name of the person that runs the country that approx 75% of our meds come from and where SHDL is . So to perhaps play it safe, enter the word " Omicron".
I hear there's a new variant.

Yes.

What's it called?

The nu variant.

Yes. What's it's name?

The nu variant.

Yes, the name of the new variant.

Correct.

Correct? I want to know the name of the new variant.

You got it!

How could you tell if I got it? I don't feel sick!

Were you exposed to someone with the nu variant?

How would I know? I don't know it's name!

The nu variant?

Yes. That one.

But you got it.

How do I know I got it?

There's a test for the nu variant.

And what's it called? Should I as the pharmacist for a test for the new variant?

Yes.

But what if there's another new variant?

It wouldn't be called 'nu,' then.

Why wouldn't they call it new?

Because we already have a nu variant.

But we're getting new variants all the time!

No, just one nu variant.

So, there will be no more variants, just this new one?

No there will be variants after this nu variant.

And they'll be the new variants, then!

No, they wont be nu.

lazyboy97o

I hear there's a new variant.

Yes.

What's it called?

The nu variant.

Yes. What's it's name?

The nu variant.

Yes, the name of the new variant.

Correct.

Correct? I want to know the name of the new variant.

You got it!

How could you tell if I got it? I don't feel sick!

Were you exposed to someone with the nu variant?

How would I know? I don't know it's name!

The nu variant?

Yes. That one.

But you got it.

How do I know I got it?

There's a test for the nu variant.

And what's it called? Should I as the pharmacist for a test for the new variant?

Yes.

But what if there's another new variant?

It wouldn't be called 'nu,' then.

Why wouldn't they call it new?

Because we already have a nu variant.

But we're getting new variants all the time!

No, just one nu variant.

So, there will be no more variants, just this new one?

No there will be variants after this nu variant.

And they'll be the new variants, then!

No, they wont be nu.
Nu’s on first?

correcaminos

An update to the “it only causes mild illness” in Omicron. Facts not in evidence. Among the young & healthy the Doctor physically saw, true. General population… still the same concerns about the same people as before older, unvaccinated with comorbidities.

Being worried is not the same as factual being more severe. Other articles dated in the last hour point to even this doctor stating more mild

Worst sounding article was this from yesterday

And for those thinking it's not spreading...

Before people freak out, mutations aren't always worse.

Danissmart

I already have the vaccine but we weren’t able to find a booster appointment until December 11, and now we have this new variant on the way, so I no longer have any patience with maskless morons.
You’re worried your double jab won’t protect you. But not worried that a cute mask won’t protect you. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom