New Christmas Parade

jrhwdw

Lol Celebrate A Dream Come True came to mind for me. It’s hard to hear the float music fully. Are they expected to release the soundtrack? Maybe I’m wrong but I feel like in the past new music from DLP came out fairly quickly?
LOL!!! Nether DDCT or CADCT came to my mind! And I loved CADCT!!! What am I missing????? LOL!

walt-e

However I don't think the Tree Lighting worked tonight
Indeed, the parade has experienced technical difficulties in 3 out of the 4 performances so far as the music turned off unexpectedly. During tonight’s performance, the music stopped for about 5 minutes and the show stop was cancelled. Hopefully it’ll work fine in the coming days.

jrhwdw

Indeed, the parade has experienced technical difficulties in 3 out of the 4 performances so far as the music turned off unexpectedly. During tonight’s performance, the music stopped for about 5 minutes and the show stop was cancelled. Hopefully it’ll work fine in the coming days.

Wow. I must of missed the other 2 times.

TTA94

Original Poster
It seems they did what I hoped they do and start the parade with the Mickey float audio instead of the instrumental version. Much better. The music is growing on me. Hope it does get released!

walt-e

The instrumental is actually only used on central plaza (most probably because the floats are not following each other) but it definitely sounds much better when the park speakers plays the floats musics and not only the instrumental!

TTA94

Original Poster
Love how the lights go out on MS like they would for a electrical parade, and the sparkling garland! 😍

Qscout

Looking forward to seeing this when we visit in December!

Wonder if this new parade will be any good? The floats look very plasticy… but the lighting looks like it could be cool. Hopefully a brand new catchy soundtrack, but DLP has a history of either reusing old parade soundtracks or just playing a theme song over and over for the whole parade instead of individual float music.

But I do really miss "Chant C'est Noel!"

walt-e

Here’s a new video of the parade where the entire tree-lightning show stop can be seen in the end and all I can say is that it looks gorgeous! (Do you allow me to say that I prefer this parade to Paint the Night? 😄)

Bonbondisney

I would love to see this in person. I first saw the day showing online and wasn’t impressed at all but wow what a sight at night. I think it’s disgusting though how often disney are skipping a showing of it in the dark to regular guests and reserving that for the private parties. They don’t charge any less on the days people pay to visit and the light up parade is the main selling point of Christmas season this year.

has anyone counted how many times there’s been a night showing that’s run without issues or not been skipped vs how many it’s gone wrong or been skipped since it started?

walt-e

Well:
- Friday 12th Nov: 2 performances of daytime version and show stop failure during the 2nd one;
- Saturday 13th Nov: show stop failure in both performances (including the one at night);
- Sunday 14th to Tuesday 16th Nov: no show stops;
- Wednesday 17th Nov: show stops returned and the parade was performed at night;
- Tuesday 18th and Friday 19th Nov: no performance at night;
- Saturday 20th Nov: the central plaza show stop was cancelled due to music failure during the night version;
- Sunday 21st Nov: parade performed at night correctly.

In summary, only 2 fully working nighttime performances over the 10 first days.

Last edited:

walt-e

New official pictures:
E93CF97E-70EC-4C7D-8EFD-FA38681190F6.jpeg
CCE2B76D-2524-4DA3-8FF0-62E00935AF05.jpeg
C9D83ADB-2B18-4AB3-9A14-27DAD6C6D8A8.jpeg
62A70BE5-9660-4EC5-9F52-9AB812B6BF67.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom