Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy Pleakley

It's pretty much always been known that a third shot, and possibly more, were a real possibility.

We're still learning the best approach. A longer period between first and second doses has proven to be effective. Mixing vaccines has proven to be effective. Some vaccines have proven to be better than others over the long term.

I will happily get a third shot and more if needed.

DisneyCane

It's pretty much always been known that a third shot, and possibly more, were a real possibility.

We're still learning the best approach. A longer period between first and second doses has proven to be effective. Mixing vaccines has proven to be effective. Some vaccines have proven to be better than others over the long term.

I will happily get a third shot and more if needed.
I don't know if the longer 1st to 2nd dose is really more effective. I think it might have just been luck that it caused the second dose to be closer to when Delta started to spread.

Lilofan

Also hospitals tend to attract sick people.
I've never been hospitalized in my life but I've visited family and friends in hospitals including in the cardiac unit. One thing about the cardiac unit is that there was a time patients and visitors could help themselves to the kitchen area - to all u can eat fruit, Italian ice, ice cream, coffee tea water and lots of snacks however the area is now only limited to coffee and water due to budget cuts according to the RNs.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"The CDC’s independent panel of vaccine scientists unanimously endorsed Pfizer and Moderna’s boosters for all adults, one of the final regulatory steps before the U.S. can officially start distributing the doses.

The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices voted to recommend the shots. The Food and Drug Administration authorized both company’s vaccine boosters for everyone 18 and over earlier on Friday, and CDC Director Rochelle Walensky is expected to clear the doses soon after.

The panel’s recommendation opens up eligibility to everyone 18 and over in the U.S., but the group more strongly endorsed shots for older Americans by saying everyone 50 and over should get a booster. It previously said people over 65 and some other high-risk people should get a third shot.

Once Walensky signs off, tens of millions of Americans who’ve received their two initial shots at least six months ago will be eligible to get a third shot as soon as early as this weekend."

DisneyDebRob

"The CDC’s independent panel of vaccine scientists unanimously endorsed Pfizer and Moderna’s boosters for all adults, one of the final regulatory steps before the U.S. can officially start distributing the doses.

The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices voted to recommend the shots. The Food and Drug Administration authorized both company’s vaccine boosters for everyone 18 and over earlier on Friday, and CDC Director Rochelle Walensky is expected to clear the doses soon after.

The panel’s recommendation opens up eligibility to everyone 18 and over in the U.S., but the group more strongly endorsed shots for older Americans by saying everyone 50 and over should get a booster. It previously said people over 65 and some other high-risk people should get a third shot.

Once Walensky signs off, tens of millions of Americans who’ve received their two initial shots at least six months ago will be eligible to get a third shot as soon as early as this weekend."

Weird thing is that I got mine before they opened it to everyone. I don’t live in one of the states where the governor said anyone that wants it can get it. My wife is immune compromised so we were out to go to her doctor to get a note for her to get it and me tagging along hoping to get it also. But we stopped for the flu shot and just asked if we can get the booster. No note needed and a quick “ sure thing” they told us. Saved a trip to the doctor. I’m wondering if CVS and Walgreens just basically do what they want if they have enough vaccine.

JoeCamel

Weird thing is that I got mine before they opened it to everyone. I don’t live in one of the states where the governor said anyone that wants it can get it. My wife is immune compromised so we were out to go to her doctor to get a note for her to get it and me tagging along hoping to get it also. But we stopped for the flu shot and just asked if we can get the booster. No note needed and a quick “ sure thing” they told us. Saved a trip to the doctor. I’m wondering if CVS and Walgreens just basically do what they want if they have enough vaccine.
If they had you fill out the attestation form they followed the procedure. I don't think they just do what they want.

mmascari

The anti-vaxx holdouts are keeping COVID around and endangering everyone else by not getting on board with eradication, so now, I need extra protection that I wouldn't have needed if everyone had gotten vaccinated
There’s another unfortunate truth hiding in this too.

No matter how many people get a booster, it’s not going to end this faster.

If we assume 3 out of every 10 cases is a breakthrough in a vaccinated person. Then assume boosters bring this down to 2 or 1. That’s great for those 2 or 1 individuals. Problem is, there’s still 7 other unvaccinated cases that were not changed at all.

Even if we took boosters every 3 months, it wouldn’t change that unvaccinated case rate at all. That’s the number we really need to drive down. Especially since the breakthrough rate is a reduction from that rate. Booster all we want, we still need to fix the vaccination overall percentage.

My wife scheduled her booster just like the rest of you for those same reasons, even though she previously hadn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom