Upcoming resort refurbs?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I seriously doubt that any of the non-DVC resort locations will have anything done besides routine maintenance for a few more years.

castlecake2.0

I spoke with the GM of CBR a couple months ago about an upcoming reservation and he seemed to let it slip that rooms were going to start getting refurbed this winter. This resort REALLY needs it so fingers crossed it actually happens.

Other than that, haven’t heard anything but I believe GF, BW, and CBR are the last resorts waiting for the most recent rounds of hard goods refurb.

As for soft goods I can’t think of who would be next.

rhodey_rider

I just stayed at the Beach Club Villas and was surprised by the state of the room. Have these not been renovated in a while? There was what I would consider a lot of damage for the price, and the cabinets were like straight out of the 90s.

nickys

Premium Member
I just stayed at the Beach Club Villas and was surprised by the state of the room. Have these not been renovated in a while? There was what I would consider a lot of damage for the price, and the cabinets were like straight out of the 90s.
DVC resorts are refurbed about every 7 years, alternating soft goods and a full refurb BCV had a full refurb done in 2016.

However we don’t like to upset BRV owners about this - theirs has been delayed badly due to Covid and also the Poly jumping the queue. So the resort refurb schedule for DVC now is up in the air.

dreday3

Original Poster
DVC resorts are refurbed about every 7 years, alternating soft goods and a full refurb BCV had a full refurb done in 2016.

However we don’t like to upset BRV owners about this - theirs has been delayed badly due to Covid and also the Poly jumping the queue. So the resort refurb schedule for DVC now is up in the air.

I believe BRV is scheduled to start in January 2022?

What is BRV?

nickys

Premium Member
I believe BRV is scheduled to start in January 2022?
I haven’t seen a start date. There were reports of availability being patchy around March to May at one point. That is usually indicative of a refurb scheduled as rooms start getting taken out of service.

Last December at the DVC condo meeting it was said the refurb would be in 2021. So much for that.

JaxFLBear

I haven’t seen a start date. There were reports of availability being patchy around March to May at one point. That is usually indicative of a refurb scheduled as rooms start getting taken out of service.

Last December at the DVC condo meeting it was said the refurb would be in 2021. So much for that.
Actually, at the 2020 condo meeting they announced the BRV refurbishment was moved to 2022.

Beacon Joe

Reportedly they will also add the new murphy beds during the refurbishment, so a little more than just soft goods.

I have to wonder if this replacement will address the "kid screaming in the middle of the night after banging his head on the overhang" issue.

nickys

Premium Member
Reportedly they will also add the new murphy beds during the refurbishment, so a little more than just soft goods.
It’s in line with the Poly soft goods refurb this year.

It seems like all sofa beds will be replaced during the next refurb, whether technically a soft goods refurb or a full one.

Beacon Joe

The old pull out sleeper sofas have an "overhang" that kids are hitting their heads on?

Not the sleeper sofa, but JaxFLBear mentioned Murphy beds so I assumed he was referring to the Murphy beds that are built into the living room TV consoles. And yes, those TV console Murphy beds do have an overhang and are known for head bumps. It took our daughter a couple of stays before she trained herself to roll out of bed, rather than sitting up. :D

Or are there other types of Murphy beds in some DVC rooms at the Grand Floridian that I've not seen. Could be.

JaxFLBear

Not the sleeper sofa, but JaxFLBear mentioned Murphy beds so I assumed he was referring to the Murphy beds that are built into the living room TV consoles. And yes, those TV console Murphy beds do have an overhang and are known for head bumps. It took our daughter a couple of stays before she trained herself to roll out of bed, rather than sitting up. :D

Or are there other types of Murphy beds in some DVC rooms at the Grand Floridian that I've not seen. Could be.
DVC has started using real murphy beds in place of the sleeper sofas. The manufacturer (Inova) calls them Sofa-WallBeds. DVC used them first at Riviera and then added them to SSR & PVB during their most recent refurbishments. VGF is slated to get them during it's upcoming soft goods refurbishment. Inova also makes a TableBed which Disney has recently added to some Value & Moderate Resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom