D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

griffin ferrari

Here are the ones for December
Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 8.52.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 8.52.10 AM.png

trainplane3

It’s up.
Whoopsie.
I knew many would be looking forward to these ones. Where are you finding those pictures anyways? They aren't in the usual spots for me.
Edit: Found them. They really aren't consistent with the placement of these images.

Last edited:

trainplane3

20% off your purchase DVCCSNOW (Works on Illuminations poster)

Free Shipping SHIPMAGIC
Thanks for the heads up on those. I'll note that in the usual social spaces.
That tree was a horrible choice for this photo. (Not even talking about the theme of the Imagination poster...just for photographical purposes it was the wrong choice.)
Not sure I agree. It fits the theme of the current Imagination pavilion quite well nowadays.

ImperfectPixie

Not sure I agree. It fits the theme of the current Imagination pavilion quite well nowadays.
Pretend the photos are of different posters altogether. That tree was a horrible choice...it draws attention to the lower left corner, rather than to the actual subject of the photo, it looks like a dead stick, it's badly cropped...bad choice all the way around.

trainplane3

Pretend the photos are of different posters altogether. That tree was a horrible choice...it draws attention to the lower left corner, rather than to the actual subject of the photo, it looks like a dead stick, it's badly cropped...bad choice all the way around.
Oh no, you're right. I'm just dunking on how bad the pavilion itself is (and has been) for 2 decades now. Dead, withered, but still existing.

SorcererDonald16

That tree was a horrible choice for this photo. (Not even talking about the theme of the Imagination poster...just for photographical purposes it was the wrong choice.)
The whole thing reads as a dig to me at current Epcot, from the keeled over tree to the “Travel back to good times at Epcot” description. You could take the description two ways. 1. Metaphorically (think back to good memories you’ve made there) or 2. Literally (think about how Epcot used to actually be a good place to visit).

The text combined with the sad sack tree makes me think someone was being snarky. I wouldn’t blame them if they were either.

ImperfectPixie

The whole thing reads as a dig to me at current Epcot, from the keeled over tree to the “Travel back to good times at Epcot” description. You could take the description two ways. 1. Metaphorically (think back to good memories you’ve made there) or 2. Literally (think about how Epcot used to actually be a good place to visit).

The text combined with the sad sack tree makes me think someone was being snarky. I wouldn’t blame them if they were either.
I get that - and that could very well be the case. However, that it even made it to the point of being published says a lot about the inner workings of the company.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Oh no, you're right. I'm just dunking on how bad the pavilion itself is (and has been) for 2 decades now. Dead, withered, but still existing.
It's so shockingly bad. The Imagination pavilion is the place that, when you're bringing a friend to the parks who doesn't get why you love Disney so much, you avoid because you're ashamed of it.

trainplane3

It's so shockingly bad. The Imagination pavilion is the place that, when you're bringing a friend to the parks who doesn't get why you love Disney so much, you avoid because you're ashamed of it.
It's just so disappointing how bad it is. I learned at a young age that Disney doesn't care how much something is loved or how good it is. If they want to change it, they'll change it. Imagination was the first strike. WoL was the second (I know it wasn't as loved, but it was an interesting pavilion with a solid AA show and vomit comet Star Tours).

I finally read the text on the preview too. It's so self aware of the condition of Imagination (SSE to a much lesser extent).

SorcererDonald16

I get that - and that could very well be the case. However, that it even made it to the point of being published says a lot about the inner workings of the company.
What goes on behind closed doors for a lot of the CMs is a lot worse than what many of us deal with as guests, and that’s saying something. A dear friend of mine worked in one of the parks for years, and eventually worked for ShopDisney online. Other than delightful encounters with some guests and some great co-workers, both jobs made her miserable. :(

ImperfectPixie

What goes on behind closed doors for a lot of the CMs is a lot worse than what many of us deal with as guests, and that’s saying something. A dear friend of mine worked in one of the parks for years, and eventually worked for ShopDisney online. Other than delightful encounters with some guests and some great co-workers, both jobs made her miserable. :(
I can imagine...I know many CMs and have heard tons of stories. What I'm suggesting though is even deeper than that. Photos don't get published to a company website like this without editorial approval. So, they had to be approved for submission at the photography and design level, then further approved higher up the chain...this speaks to a level of distrust and disrespect for those making the decisions that would change the state of the Imagination pavilion higher in the command chain than I would have thought.

projectgamma

I do not know if it is just me with my bad luck with UPS recently, but it looks like shopdisney changed shippers from UPS to FedEx. Be on the lookout for when harmonious arrives from a different shipper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom