News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

UNCgolf

Nah. It would be a seamless transition from Asia.

Nah. It would be a bad fit like Wakanda, because there's no way they would build an area based on a Marvel movie and make it entirely about nature and animals. It would almost certainly be about the actual characters with everything else as a backdrop.

Pandora only works to the extent it does because it's entirely about nature (and also had Joe Rohde involved); it has nothing to do with any characters from the movie. Disney's not going to build something related to Marvel and not actually make it about Marvel.

Last edited:

doctornick

Oh man...just watched Shang-Chi....can we please build a land based on Talo???

We can make it work, it has animals! 😂
I’ve said before that a land in DHS that is Chinese themed where you have Shang Chi (going to Ta Lo sounds good) and Doctor Strange in the Hong Kong Sanctum would be a good way to bring in Marvel to WDW using the properties that are allowed. Add some other stuff to fill that could be allowed (SHIELD, Eternals, maybe Moon Knight might be okay or something with Skrulls (Secret Invasion))

doctornick

Another one: Iron Man isn’t at Uni. We know he’s not allowed at WDW, but I wonder if Ironheart would be okay since Tony Stark is not at Uni. Like she’s not really in the “family” of anyone at Uni. Would be a good way to bring some inclusiveness to WDW too (as is Shang Chi which is another reason to add that property)

dreday3

It's funny, but I'm less interested in the characters/Marvel aspect...would just want the land to be built! If someone could create Talo with all the mythical creatures, the actual Marvel characters would be secondary. Or like Raya and The Last Dragon. The kingdom is just so imaginative.

Kind of like Pandora, but better. ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Another one: Iron Man isn’t at Uni. We know he’s not allowed at WDW, but I wonder if Ironheart would be okay since Tony Stark is not at Uni. Like she’s not really in the “family” of anyone at Uni. Would be a good way to bring some inclusiveness to WDW too (as is Shang Chi which is another reason to add that property)
Iron Man is in the Avengers 'family' and can't be used by Disney Orlando.

UNCgolf

It's funny, but I'm less interested in the characters/Marvel aspect...would just want the land to be built! If someone could create Talo with all the mythical creatures, the actual Marvel characters would be secondary. Or like Raya and The Last Dragon. The kingdom is just so imaginative.

Kind of like Pandora, but better. ;)

Yeah, it could probably work if they did that -- I just can't imagine Disney would. They'd want the chance to showcase Marvel characters.

UNCgolf

I don't even trust Disney going forward with Pandora now that Joe Rohde is gone. If the Avatar sequels are successful, would anyone be surprised to see them take over the land? Meet and greet with popular characters; maybe even a new ride that focuses on the movie.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Nah. It would be a bad fit like Wakanda, because there's no way they would build an area based on a Marvel movie and make it entirely about nature and animals. It would almost certainly be about the actual characters with everything else as a backdrop.

Pandora only works to the extent it does because it's entirely about nature (and also had Joe Rohde involved); it has nothing to do with any characters from the movie. Disney's not going to build something related to Marvel and not actually make it about Marvel.
It doesn't need to be a whole land. A Shang-Chi dragon attraction would easily fit in the exciting land of Asia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom