News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

DKampy

I am feeling a bit more optimistic on this one then some of you… I think Animal Kingdom will be the next one look at for the next attraction… with all the changes coming to Epcot and Hollywood studios Disney will see this park as the most in need and they will need to add something new with Epic Universe on it’s way
I

MrPromey

probably nothing for a decade, they cant even put a new attraction in stitch's great escape space.
Not that they deserve much benefit of the doubt but SGE is a challenging space.

You'll notice, through it's various revisions since Flight to the Moon with park opening, they've never messed with the original layout and I'm not sure how much more they can can do with those circular theaters that feature the minimal "center stage" area.

It's not that large of a space which limits their options considerably and they don't seem interested in doing anything that they can't mount an international marketing campaign on so a walk-through attraction is probably out of the question.

I hold out hope that as long as no part of it opens as a shop, we may still see another attraction or "experience" in there someday, though.

Last edited:

MrPromey

A blue wall is next :)

But in seriousness, if there are no eminent plans to move on anything, hopefully, they'll put some sort of landscaping in and take down those walls before too long or at least, replace it/them with a wall that works as a better backdrop to what's there, even if it's just another sort of wall with signs and stuff.

JoeCamel

Of course this follows recent Disney logic. I guess they figure no attraction is better than a weak attraction. It's sad that this joins the slow motion race of replacing rides that have been closed without a clue of what their replacement might be. We should start a bet: which will be replaced first, 'Stich' or 'Primevil Whirl' ! 😔
The ride had safety issues so it had to go. They should have had something ready to replace it (and Stitch) but we both know that is not how modern WDW works. The blessings of size I think someone said? Seems misplaced but it's not my parks to run.

JoeCamel

I am feeling a bit more optimistic on this one then some of you… I think Animal Kingdom will be the next one look at for the next attraction… with all the changes coming to Epcot and Hollywood studios Disney will see this park as the most in need and they will need to add something new with Epic Universe on it’s way
I
How old is Pandora and how much did they spend on it?

UNCgolf

They'll still have made major additions to all of the other parks more recently than at DAK -- TSL and Galaxy's Edge at DHS, TRON at the Magic Kingdom, and Ratatouille and Guardians at EPCOT will all be newer than Pandora.

I think it makes sense to think DAK is where they go next. The bigger question is just how long we have to wait before that happens; it will almost certainly be more than 5 years away.

EDIT: The other concern is if they screw up Animal Kingdom in the process, now that Joe Rohde is no longer around.

Last edited:

SplashJacket

Even with Pandora Animal Kingdom is short on rides.

I could easily spend two full days at Animal Kingdom now and be happy, but some people only do the rides. Until AK becomes a full-day park for "ride warriors" it needs more rides. But if not Animal Kingdom, where? Something has to/should be in the pipeline after the current round.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
But in seriousness, if there are no eminent plans to move on anything, hopefully, they'll put some sort of landscaping in and take down those walls before too long or at least, replace it/them with a wall that works as a better backdrop to what's there, even if it's just another sort of wall with signs and stuff.
I think that wall will be there for a while, with some decoration in it.

Animaniac93-98

I think it makes sense to think DAK is where they go next. The bigger question is just how long we have to wait before that happens; it will almost certainly be more than 5 years away.

It's already been almost 5 years since Avatar opened (Spring 2017).

It would be disappointing if the park goes another decade without any new rides like it did between Everest (2006) and Avatar.

DisneyDodo

I think they’re motivated to add a new ride to AK because EE isn’t generating much ILL revenue (plus most AK visitors are probably not buying G+). Just about any new ride would have super long lines and would fare well with ILL, while also freeing EE for G+, making it more worth the price.

MrPromey

It's already been almost 5 years since Avatar opened (Spring 2017).

It would be disappointing if the park goes another decade without any new rides like it did between Everest (2006) and Avatar.
And keep in mind that whatever replaces PW is just that - a replacement. They'll have gone from a net loss of one ride to back to where they were a couple of years ago.

Hopefully whatever goes in will have more substance and be better but still...

JoeCamel

And keep in mind that whatever replaces PW is just that - a replacement. They'll have gone from a net loss of one ride to back to where they were a couple of years ago.

Hopefully whatever goes in will have more substance and be better but still...
But if they put in double Dumbos.........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom