News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

MagicHappens1971

The only anniversary Disney is worried about is Epic Universe’s 0th in 2025
At the pace their moving, I don’t think they are that concerned. There was the whispers before it was even announced, and it has been announced for a little over 2 years. Disney is still stagnating and unless they have major overhauls and upgrades planned for their 4 existing parks, they will have nothing to combat EU.

UNCgolf

ROL actually looked like a really cool/ beautiful show. Now we have....whatever that wind sock ribbon dancer show is. :/

People hated it, but I thought the original version was really good.

I always assumed people didn't like it because there were no fireworks and it wasn't really showy, but I have no idea. Fireworks will never happen at AK anyways.

Dear Prudence

I always assumed people didn't like it because there were no fireworks and it wasn't really showy, but I have no idea. Fireworks will never happen at AK anyways.
I think it looks so pretty! I don't particularly like fireworks, so that for AK was always a selling point for me.

Kevin_W

I enjoyed it. As much as HEA, Illuminations, or even Fantasmic? No. But more than walking staring at an empty lake? Yes.

DisneyDodo

At the pace their moving, I don’t think they are that concerned. There was the whispers before it was even announced, and it has been announced for a little over 2 years. Disney is still stagnating and unless they have major overhauls and upgrades planned for their 4 existing parks, they will have nothing to combat EU.
They’re certainly not going to do anything on the scale of EU, but I think they will add/refurb a couple of attractions — not necessarily to compete with EU, but to entice EU visitors to also spend time at WDW while in Orlando.

The 2022 D23 Expo would be the latest we could realistically hear of anything of substance that can still be done by 2025, given Disney’s typical pace. So I guess we’ll know their plans in a year 🤷‍♂️

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Perhaps they can keep the signage and re-use the sign for one of these "temporarily."

1.jpg

UNCgolf

Alicia Stella is reporting that this will be quickly replaced with another pre-fab coaster or flat ride. Will be interesting to see what happens.

has the station building been demolished?

I hope that's inaccurate.

If they throw something else up there quickly, I'm guessing they'll leave the whole area as is for another decade.

doctornick

Alicia Stella is reporting that this will be quickly replaced with another pre-fab coaster or flat ride. Will be interesting to see what happens.

I don't have a problem with that, but it would be nice if they could at least put multiple rides up. It was weird to only have two rides (even worse now with one of them gone) when you have multiple in for example It's a Bug's Land. DAK could use some smaller rides for children/less thrill seekers anyway.

I hope that's inaccurate.

If they throw something else up there quickly, I'm guessing they'll leave the whole area as is for another decade.

I don't have a big problem with Dinorama staying if they would actually add more attractions elsewhere in the park. The park does need more overall "stuff" to do. In fact, each land would pretty much benefit from another addition or two. If they would build up the rest of the park, then they would have better capacity to close Dinorama and put something higher quality there.

KrazyKat

I’ve always thought they should clear that area out and put a Finding Nemo land since it’s right next to the theater in the wild. Either put an enhanced Crush’s Coaster from Paris or a version of the underwater Nemo ride in Tokyo but with screens all around the vehicle to make it feel more Immersive.

Fish are our friends

Magic Feather

I'm under the impression that she intended that as well-founded speculation.

There's two factions on this: quick replacement (would likely be something like a pre-fab coaster, likely even sticking with existing themes) (also, quick=2024/*maybe* late 2023).
Other intends to save it as something of a plot intended for a major addition. That would likely not get used in the vicinity of 2025-6.

Jones14

I'm under the impression that she intended that as well-founded speculation.

There's two factions on this: quick replacement (would likely be something like a pre-fab coaster, likely even sticking with existing themes) (also, quick=2024/*maybe* late 2023).
Other intends to save it as something of a plot intended for a major addition. That would likely not get used in the vicinity of 2025-6.
That’s a Sophie’s choice if I’ve ever heard one. On one hand, AK absolutely needs a new attraction by 2023 at the latest, but on the other, it also needs large-scale investment, not just a pre-fab ride dropped into Dino-Rama.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom