News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

lazyboy97o

im not claiming anything other than i disagree with his opinions. I stated tron canopy is a major engineering feat esp with the train running under it and having to build a tunnel for it and he got ****y and said it wasnt. I think it is. I think the entire canopy is a marvel of engineering, I think there is a lot of work that goes into all of it, from pathways, to train tunnels. I guess some people dont but that doesnt make my or his opinion more or less right.

i also never mentions glueing extra bits of theming around tomorrowland

hes just twisting what ive said to fit his pesimistic narrative that disney is always doing wrong. And im not going to get into an argument on a disney parks forum about a rollercoaster lol I cant wait for it to open, it looks pretty awesome and will breathe a ton of life into a dead area of the park
Doing something a second time is not usually considered a major feat. Nor is placing it over something else, especially when no changes were required to be made to the “major feat. I never said it wasn’t a lot of work. I’ve explained in detail why the original timeline for this project wasn’t that ridiculous because I am familiar with the amount of work required.

You mentioned making Tomorrowland maybe one day looking more like TRON, which involve adding on new set dressing. The wouldn’t be tearing down huge chunks of the land to organize it around TRON.

J4546

You chose to reply to a post of his that was fact-filled, and said you didn’t agree with any of it.
again i disagree. I think building tron canopy and having a train run under it is a major engineering feat. even without the train its a major feat of engineering imo. Thats also not mentioning the quite substantial canal and pond reconfiguration....all of this add up to what i think is an impressive feat of engineering.

Also I never talked about glueing stuff around tomorrowland lol. I talked about the possibilty and previous rumors of a major tron redo of speedway to go along with the tron ride, and how cool it would look with the massive canopy behind the track. even in the concept pics you can the how cool the canopy looks from the speedway.

I really hope they do redo the speedway with electric cars at the very least but Im guessing Splash is the next major MK thing to happen

Last edited:

JoeCamel

again i disagree. I think building tron canopy and having a train run under it is a major engineering feat. even without the train its a major feat of engineering imo. Thats also not mentioning the quite substantial canal and pond reconfiguration....all of this add up to what i think is an impressive feat of engineering.

Also I never talked about glueing stuff around tomorrowland lol. I talked about the possibilty and previous rumors of a major tron redo of speedway to go along with the tron ride, and how cool it would look with the massive canopy behind the track. even in the concept pics you can the how cool the canopy looks from the speedway
You do understand the person whose facts you reject with your opinion actually designs stuff professionally and understands the complete process from idea to approved blueprints?

ToTBellHop

If we want to argue that turning a swamp into land that can support a coaster is impressive, that’s fine. It is. It was impressive when they were doing it here in the late 1960s, too. It just isn’t anything groundbreaking anymore.

I think TRON has a cool design, but it’s not new, either. At the end of the day, this will be a fun ride but they didn’t exactly need to flex their brain muscles to put it in.

Guardians of the Galaxy being built in sinkhole-central, on the other hand…

JoeCamel

If we want to argue that turning a swamp into land that can support a coaster is impressive, that’s fine. It is. It was impressive when they were doing it here in the late 1960s, too. It just isn’t anything groundbreaking anymore.

I think TRON has a cool design, but it’s not new, either. At the end of the day, this will be a fun ride but they didn’t exactly need to flex their brain muscles to put it in.

Guardians of the Galaxy being built in sinkhole-central, on the other hand…
GotG will be fine.
I have it on good authority they put the gravity building on top of some monorail footers so it wouldn't sink from all the -------- gravity.........

ToTBellHop

GotG will be fine.
I have it on good authority they put the gravity building on top of some monorail footers so it wouldn't sink from all the -------- gravity.........
It has been widely reported that gravity buildings establish their own gravitational field. That’s why this building had to be larger than the Moon. Consider:
0A675E1E-657C-4E27-BB52-527F90DE1850.jpeg

vs.
C8259EE2-5834-42D7-9591-4AC2D01F6541.jpeg

The defense rests.

celluloid

I wish Tron would have been a part of Tomorrowland 94 in FL. We had a Convention Center for the tradeshow of XS tech,

Even less impressive when it is the most profitable theme park in the world and the only attraction that will be built from the ground up to open in a decade span.

J4546

I wish Tron would have been a part of Tomorrowland 94 in FL. We had a Convention Center for the tradeshow of XS tech,

Even less impressive when it is the most profitable theme park in the world and the only attraction that will be built from the ground up to open in a decade span.
seven dwarves isnt that old is it?

it opened in 2014, the new fantasy land area opened 10 years ago though

celluloid

seven dwarves isnt that old is it?

it opened in 2014, the new fantasy land area opened 10 years ago though

I was speaking of from the time the last one opened(Dwarf's Mine Train) when Tron opens, to the time the next ride opens. Tron is the one in a decade major ground up attraction build for MK. So even without that when Tron opens it will have been 8 years since Dwarf's. Don't think something is going to open up ground up build two years after Tron.

Pretty rough standards from what once was, or for any major theme park player.

Giving hungry people chicken value and calling it a steak value.

matt9112

"For 90% of the parks opening time Tron won't be worth riding."
That's quite a claim.
Doubtful Disney would invest in a ride if the vast majority of its riders would come away with such a conclusion.

Its fan base is infatuated....they will lap it up. It looks good on the gram.

matt9112

I'm not sure where else in TL they could have put it? People currently complain about the show building being seen from the monorail now, to have it the other side of Space Mountain would bring it even nearer?

I think it's more so a why? Why build it? The IP is so antiquated and weak. Leading into weaker merch volume. Its also not a ride that sets itself apart...its interior will also forever be compared to that ride next to the golf ball by average guests.

The only reason to build it is cost....its a cheap shoe in. Its unimaginative (as its a clone) cheap (relative here because its a clone) and technically adds capacity to MK albeit way less than MK needs.

JoeCamel

I think it's more so a why? Why build it? The IP is so antiquated and weak. Leading into weaker merch volume. Its also not a ride that sets itself apart...its interior will also forever be compared to that ride next to the golf ball by average guests.

The only reason to build it is cost....its a cheap shoe in. Its unimaginative (as its a clone) cheap (relative here because its a clone) and technically adds capacity to MK albeit way less than MK needs.
They said most of that about Avatar too

Last edited:

Rich Brownn

It's no secret they're working on a Tron 3 for Disney plus

matt9112

It's no secret they're working on a Tron 3 for Disney plus

Its no secret they build multi million dollar rides BEFORE the guarenteed success of a movie....said no one ever. To be fair they have made movies after rides but not generally on purpose. As in they did not build the ride knowing they are now going to make film or video of it.

lazyboy97o

Its no secret they build multi million dollar rides BEFORE the guarenteed success of a movie....said no one ever. To be fair they have made movies after rides but not generally on purpose. As in they did not build the ride knowing they are now going to make film or video of it.
TRON and Ratatouille were panic additions. Something relatively quick and cheap that could be dropped in to add some capacity. Exceptions to the franchise mandate because they existed.

matt9112

They said ost of that about Avatar too

Whos they? Definitely not me. Avatars IP is still weak compared to most BUT it is far more relevant than tron. (Rides aside tron imho is even weaker than avatar) BUT avatar land is unique and has an amazing headliner. Heck its second ride sucks but they dosen't detract from the land as a whole. Its a rich immersive environment. To me avatar land is proof unique and exciting lands can be made without an IP. Sure it does have an IP but the IP dosen't carry the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom