My experiment in human decency

JIMINYCR

I learned my lesson years ago. First I had a Mickey antenna topper taken from my car by someone. That made me angry but it wasnt a great loss. Then I had several unique magnets on my van that I had bought honoring the 9/11 victims that were lifted one day in a local parking lot. After that I stopped putting anything on the outside of my vehicles that could go missing. Lesson learned... If you treasure anything, dont leave it where anyone can be tempted to take it. Unfortunately Thou shalt not steal means nothing to some. And they would be the first to yell bloody murder had someone pilfered something of theirs.

Minthorne

Congratulations, people. You managed to drag insulting people from the Covid thread into this totally unrelated thread. Good job. Says more about the posters here than those you are criticizing in the Covid thread.
wait, didn't you just do the same? :rolleyes:

Goofyernmost

I have the same license plate frame on my various cars now for the last 30 years. It says "Been There , Done That, Going To Do It Again." I guess based on some of my recent posts I should probably be gone by now.

Last edited:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I swear that someone is stealing them from the mail locally and selling them on ebay. Almost none of the local APholders I've spoken to in Miami have received the current ones, yet I see a local listing on ebay from someone that has dozens to sell.

Oddysey

My experiment was how long until someone stole my shiny new annual pass magnet from the back of my car…

we drive to parks and of course park in resort AKL.

we arrived 10/31
And today, 11/8, it’s gone

so people are 8 days sucky.

When our family had APs we always got our magnets stolen at some point while visiting the parks. The original white ones always went the quickest. Never understood it, but was never surprised by it either. We eventually started putting them on the fridge because we knew we would lose them at WDW in short order.

Heppenheimer

I swear that someone is stealing them from the mail locally and selling them on ebay. Almost none of the local APholders I've spoken to in Miami have received the current ones, yet I see a local listing on ebay from someone that has dozens to sell.
Is there any Disney-related swag or ephemera that people won't attach monetary value to?

Sometime in the 90s, I remember throwing out some old Disney-labeled ketchup packets I found in my mom's refrigerator that originated from a trip in the early 80s (my mom isn't a hoarder, but she has trouble throwing away some junk if it triggers a specific emotional connection). I wonder if even something like this would have value on eBay?

Heck, I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find some old Disney complimentary soap in her house. Any takers for some vintage Disney soap?

Last edited:

macefamily

We have 3 AP holders in our family, but we have only received one new magnet. The wife claimed it and has it on her Jeep. I know it's just a matter of time before it's lifted. Some people just do not respect other's property. I would love to catch someone red-handed.
I'm surprised that my Storm Trooper antennae topper and magnets haven't been stolen in the past two years. I've had that vehicle parked at the airport, sporting events, and in city parking garages which are prime locations for magnet thefts.

MickeyLuv'r

This kind of magnet is very weak. It is possible yours simply fell off. I have some on my fridge, over time they fall off of the side of my fridge, and it is completely stationary. They don't stick at all to the rear of my car. They are really cheap, and that's why they are usually given out for free.

Of course it might have been stolen. I try not to leave stuff out where it might get stolen if it is of value, even sentimental value.

It is also possible, to buy a sheet of the magnet stuff at any office supply/craft store. With almost any standard printer you can print an image on it, though I don't advise anyone to reproduce a copyrighted image.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom