Discouraged With the DAS video chat process

Disney#1Stop

Our family plans annual vacations to Disney in November and it was exciting to hear about the pre-registration through video chat. Unfortunately I have been waiting since 3:50pm. I may have to try tomorrow, and get back into the queue. This process has been discouraging. Has anyone been connected with a Cast Member and if so, how long should I expect the wait to be?
-A proactive mom of 3.

correcaminos

I tried 3 times and finally got through. First attempt I gave up after hours. 2nd attempt I missed the chat response after 4 hours. Third time it took 8 hours start to finish but I did get disconnected from a CM about 3.5 hours in if I did the math right. Personally I'd be wary of ever doing this via video again and have had better experiences in person.

Upvote 0

RSoxNo1

I tried 3 times and finally got through. First attempt I gave up after hours. 2nd attempt I missed the chat response after 4 hours. Third time it took 8 hours start to finish but I did get disconnected from a CM about 3.5 hours in if I did the math right. Personally I'd be wary of ever doing this via video again and have had better experiences in person.
Did you do this on a weekday or weekend? Did you logon right at 7 am?

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Did you do this on a weekday or weekend? Did you logon right at 7 am?
I cannot get on at 7am on weekdays due to getting my kid off to school. The first try was a Saturday right around 7am and gave up after 2 or so hours. I tried on a Monday at just before 8am and missed the notice of chat at noon (give or take 10 minutes). Third try was 10am. Off after 6pm.

Upvote 0

Dkromka

Our family plans annual vacations to Disney in November and it was exciting to hear about the pre-registration through video chat. Unfortunately I have been waiting since 3:50pm. I may have to try tomorrow, and get back into the queue. This process has been discouraging. Has anyone been connected with a Cast Member and if so, how long should I expect the wait to be?
-A proactive mom of 3.
I was waiting for 5 hours and a cast member disconnected me. I started the process over again today at 7:06AM. I am still waiting and it's 3:44PM. This is the first time I have visited Disney due to my disability and so far- it's been a horrible experience. I have to use a scooter for mobility purposes and I can only imagine having to get in line at guest services the first day upon arrival at Disney. Is it worth it? I'm so unhappy with this entire complicated process.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

I was waiting for 5 hours and a cast member disconnected me. I started the process over again today at 7:06AM. I am still waiting and it's 3:44PM. This is the first time I have visited Disney due to my disability and so far- it's been a horrible experience. I have to use a scooter for mobility purposes and I can only imagine having to get in line at guest services the first day upon arrival at Disney. Is it worth it? I'm so unhappy with this entire complicated process.
Go in person. Trust me, this isn't worth it at the moment. Not sure what your first park is but I like outside park GS at both Epcot entrances.

Not having the ability to schedule this is very problematic.
Agree. Imagine doing it for a family member who has school, doesn't live with you, a busier schedule or the like.

Upvote 0

RSoxNo1

Go in person. Trust me, this isn't worth it at the moment. Not sure what your first park is but I like outside park GS at both Epcot entrances.

Agree. Imagine doing it for a family member who has school, doesn't live with you, a busier schedule or the like.
I've had no issues going in person, but the ability to schedule two things in advance is the appeal. I'm going to try it this weekend when my brother is eligible for our upcoming trip.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

I've had no issues going in person, but the ability to schedule two things in advance is the appeal. I'm going to try it this weekend when my brother is eligible for our upcoming trip.
I wanted to see that too. I wasn't overly impressed as I wasn't given time choices when I did it.

Upvote 0

Vegas Disney Fan

We gave up on doing it online and did it at the parks also, took us about 10 minutes.

Prebooking a ride would have been nice but I don’t think it’s worth the hassle.

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

First I want to preface any complaining I do here with, I am so grateful for the DAS system. My husband is fairly ill, and it made the difference in our ability to stay in the parks a decent amount of time vs a 2-3 hour day max.

Also, take all of this with a grain of salt, because we went this year 2 days after they initiated Genie. Oct 21-27.
I thought you had to use the preregistration system to be able to have a DAS pass.
So, I tried I believe one day for 3 hours and the next logged on at 7 am, and was finally connected with the CM we had to speak to at about 8 pm.
She spent a fair amount of time setting us up, but somehow left my son off of our group. I called the next day when I found the error (the day before our trip) and the GS CM told me the program was such a hot mess it had been temporarily taken down from the website and she recommended we try to fix it on our first day there.

As it turns out, each day in the park I had to go to either GS or a GS group under the umbrellas because no one could successfully get him added on.
The complicating feature was the preride registration. It sounds good in theory but I'm not sure of the purpose because they give you a time whether it works or not. And the system on MDE made it very difficult to cancel those scheduled and therefore you couldn't try to book something else without GS assistance.

If you don't mind the time on your first day going to GS, I personally in retrospect would have done that.
And, these bugs may have all been worked out by now, I am not sure.
If you have any questions please feel free to DM me.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

So what happens when you prebook a ride then?

Do you choose a ride and it just generates a time for you?
It's all done via chat. Admittedly at that point I was eating (had to get kid out the door) so I didn't push to see if times could be chosen. They asked what two rides I wanted and I told them. They managed a 10:30 and 11:30 for the two I chose. I am not sure if you can try to request times but they said those were the earliest they could get. Given one is Jungle Cruise which will be Jingle Cruise, I won't complain.

Upvote 0

RSoxNo1

I really believe that the motivation for the advanced DAS was to utilize some of the Fastpass+ infrastructure. Whether this was related to the depreciation of technology or simply to say to the higher ups that a big component of Next Gen wasn't a mistake, I don't know, but I believe there is a connection there.

Upvote 0

aaronml

I really believe that the motivation for the advanced DAS was to utilize some of the Fastpass+ infrastructure. Whether this was related to the depreciation of technology or simply to say to the higher ups that a big component of Next Gen wasn't a mistake, I don't know, but I believe there is a connection there.
The FP+ infrastructure is largely dead. It is only used for Park Pass now.

My understanding is that Lightning Lane (including G+, ILLS, DAS, etc.) is powered by a brand new system, which is part of why it took so long to launch.

Upvote 0

DA8

I'm on four hours and counting, and given what I've read, I may just wait until we're there next week and try in person. I really didn't care about the two pre-reservations anyway since they come with a time - I'd rather just show up and be leisure about where we go and when.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

I'm on four hours and counting, and given what I've read, I may just wait until we're there next week and try in person. I really didn't care about the two pre-reservations anyway since they come with a time - I'd rather just show up and be leisure about where we go and when.
I will say after testing I see why people want the scheduled return times. You get the 2 plus one floating return time if you do that. It is a definite perk.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom